what do you think about cheap japanese monitors

tedjani

Oh now we are going with "YOU can't see", instead of saying as before, as there wasn't. Change of story.

Then what you are saying is completely subjective.

However, you seam to know about than the DVI than the engineers at Digital Display Working Group that worked on it. Because clearly Intel, IBM, Silicon Image, and others from the group knows nothing about it. Right.

It isnt the res that caps on Dual DVI its the MHZ..I can run 2560 1600 at 70hz if i reduce the LCD timing..But you know that right?Wow and people think you are a monitor expert?Everytime i argue over these monitors i prove you wrong..Last time you Argued the Viewsonic was a LG and not Samsung panel CAUSE IT SAID SO ON NEWEGG..Yet i proved you wrong again lol..It is ok i like schooling you bud!

Sorry bud class is over.Go read some more and come back tomorrow and try and be a monitor expert  :)

When the Qnix or Xstar is OCed to 96HZ it is a 7ms input lag..Also the gentlemen who made this site and lightboost stats that these OCed 1440p monitors have only 10 percent more motion blur then a regular 1080 120hz tn panel without lightboost..And no all Korean monitors are not the same as the Crossover has least input lag..And you been stating for a year that they aren't 120hz lol.It is not as smooth as a 120hz tn panel but you really can't tell any difference..But i had a Asus 120hz tn panel and this OCed korean at 120hz and i saw a lil more blur but i sold the ASUS..

Maybe actually game on one of monitors and not just read about them from a website that told you the Viewsonic 1440p was a LG panel and not a Samsung haha..I can read about motorcycle's  all the time but don't mean i can really know anything tell i try them..I mean you must see for yourself unless you wanna live through a website..

I read books but I don't pretend i am a wizard!haha..

And Dual link DVI runs it fine but the GPUs have a MHZ cap so you gotta patch them..But i am sure you knew that..

Go read through here please..I mean you don't even know how to OC a monitor yet you talk like you know anything about these Korean Panels..

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/

Go read here again if you want as these guys all own these monitors..And by the way your website also stats that these use PWM backlighting..Idiots haha

My mom says i am a nice polite angel but as you know i am really kinda an ASS.. :D

I'd like to see an actual test with an oscilliscope that proves the 7 ms of lag. The only review I could ever find said 17ms of input lag.

Also, how are you quantifying the motion blur? Light boost 120hz monitors reduce ghosting by a massive factor, so a light boost 120hz monitor would probably be a lot more than 10% less motion blur.

Unless you're playing hardcore competitive FPS games, you're probably not gonna notice much of a difference vs a TN panel. If you play with Antialiasing on, you shouldn't complain about the additional input lag.

That is cheating

It isnt the res that caps on Dual DVI its the MHZ..I can run 2560 1600 at 70hz if i reduce the LCD timing..But you know that right?Wow and people think you are a monitor expert?Everytime i argue over these monitors i prove you wrong..Last time you Argued the Viewsonic was a LG and not Samsung panel CAUSE IT SAID SO ON NEWEGG..Yet i proved you wrong again lol..It is ok i like schooling you bud!

Sorry bud class is over.Go read some more and come back tomorrow and try and be a monitor expert  :)

You are playing with timings? No wonder. But who cares about having the best image quality. Right?

But again, you know more than LCD monitor manufactures.

Goodbytes you still havent said you have even seen one in person where as OneGun and I both has and have messed around with them extensively.

I have overclocked my laptop LCD panel, reaching 120Hz.

My laptop LCD panel is a Direct Drive Monitor (DDM - part of DisplayPort), meaning that the LCD panel does not require a controller. This is more crazy "direct connection to LCD panel" than the eBay Korean monitor that claims reaching 120Hz.

I'd like to see an actual test with an oscilliscope that proves the 7 ms of lag. The only review I could ever find said 17ms of input lag.

Also, how are you quantifying the motion blur? Light boost 120hz monitors reduce ghosting by a massive factor, so a light boost 120hz monitor would probably be a lot more than 10% less motion blur.

Unless you're playing hardcore competitive FPS games, you're probably not gonna notice much of a difference vs a TN panel. If you play with Antialiasing on, you shouldn't complain about the additional input lag.

Maybe the multi input korean monitors have that lag lol..And remember when running at 120hz instead of 60hz the input lag is cut in half!But i am sure you monitor experts also knew that.. :)

And how is it cheating you said IT CAN'T BE DONE..So mr Goodbytes i proved you wrong again.Do you know what the front porch and back porch are?

Oh this guy. I like this guy... you know what? Several videos was proven wrong on many of his claims when he does his 'reviews'.

He is just an amateur with a lot of money trying to act professional, and subjective scoring.

Oh this guy. I like this guy... you know what? Several videos was proven wrong on many of his claims when he does reviews.

He is just an amateur with a lot of money trying to act professional.

Haha..He has actually tested all monitors he talk about..He also has all the proper tools.You have been proven wrong many times yet here you are trying to be professional..Like i said even if you saw 17ms input lag at 60hz it would half of that when running at 120hz.. 

I don't claim what I don't know. Everything I said are just what is defined in specs.

He has the tools, but doesn't know how to properly use them, let alone have scientific procedure in doing things. He is essentially fooling around with the tools.

I don't claim what I don't know. Everything I said are just what is defined in specs.

He has the tools, but doesn't know how to properly use them, let alone have scientific procedure in doing things. He is essentially fooling around with the tools

look at this Forum..Guys with no clue saying Korean monitors are crap because they read it on here..Yet i have NEVER talk to a Korean monitor owner that said his monitor was crap..It is only the uniformed that repeat this over and over.It is like the horrible AMD drivers thing lol..

All i can say is i know about 6 people on here that own a Korean and they love it..This forum has become about reading a review..I don't even speak unless i know what i am talking about cause i hate being proved wrong.Someone ask about a Korean monitor and there is 50 guys saying don't do it..Why are they saying that when they don't know?I honestly tell people about my experience i don't try and sell them on it lol..

This is the best monitor i have gamed on and if i listened to your post i never would have bought this..So don't be GoodBiased!  :P

Maybe the multi input korean monitors have that lag lol..And remember when running at 120hz instead of 60hz the input lag is cut in half!But i am sure you monitor experts also knew that.. :)

I looked up the review of the Hazro HS27C which Prad.de describes as "a rebranded shimian for the european market"

here's what they say about input lag:

The latency is an important value for players, we determined as the sum of the signal delay time and half the middle picture change time. The signal delay is still short when HZ27WC 7.2 milliseconds, evidence of a frame buffer, we have not found.

The desired brightness is reached only 10.3 milliseconds later, therefore, the mean overall latency is a total of 17.5 milliseconds somewhat higher than hardcore gamers, the would want.

Whereas they say this for the VG248QE

The latency is an important value for players, we determined as the sum of the signal delay time and half the middle picture change time. The VG248QE shows generally a very short signal delay: at 60 Hz, there are still 1.6 milliseconds at 120 Hz and then 1.2 at 144 Hz even only 0.7.

Also half the average image change time is 2.3 or 1.8 and 1.6 milliseconds by the bank extremely short, thus is fantastic overall latencies yield from 2.3 to 3.9 milliseconds. Even for the most demanding gamers, this is pretty much the ultimate.

If you're playing competitive Counter Strike or Quake, you're probably gonna like the VG248QE a lot better, but if you use antialiasing or are just a normal gamer, the lag and motion blur aren't going to matter.

I looked up the review of the Hazro HS27C which Prad.de describes as "a rebranded shimian for the european market"

here's what they say about input lag:

Whereas they say this for the VG248QE

If you're playing competitive Counter Strike or Quake, you're probably gonna like the VG248QE a lot better, but if you use antialiasing or are just a normal gamer, the lag and motion blur aren't going to matter.

That Shimian  doesn't OC so that makes sense to me..Ok if my Qnix has a 16ms input lag at 60hz then when i oc to 120hz it is a 8ms input lag or basically 1 frame to react.And i will never use a TN panel again..I will take better colors more pixels and a bigger screen for less money anyday.. :)

After reflecting, here is the difference between you and me, which I think will help us better understand each other, and stop this non-sense bickering:

- You follow the school of thought, of: It works for me, it must work for you. Which is fine. You you can show other people with similar great experience to back your statement. You definitely provide advice for people to get the most out of things.

- I follow the school of thought, of: Provide the best experience possible with best in class reliability to people I help. Meaning: I follow specs the best I can. Then the suggested products, have, in my opinion, good warranty service, just in the case the product suggested, breaks due to a manufacture error, all ensuring the best experience for the person that purchase the product I suggested. Again, the best I can.

The reason why I think this way is because I got pissed off so many times with advice on forums which end up incomplete, or I can't replicate the situation which was said/promises. Leading me going through the headache and cost of returning the product to the store, or be pissed off and live with it. This is also why, most of my post are long. I like to provide the best I can, all the ups and down, details, taught process, and follow things to the letter.

And you can notice this about me from the fact that:

-> I don't participate in any overclocking threads. I am not against overclocking. My PC is overclocked, but I am not the type of person going: buy the same thing as me, and apply my overclock settings, and everything will be good. I don't know if that person, for the task he does will cause system stability issues, I have no guaranty of some kind that he will successfully reproduce my results as it goes above specification. I don't like seeing sad faces form people from advice I provide.

-> People that asks for eBay Korean monitor, I don't go in, and participate, as I assume that the person knows what he or she is getting, unless the question is asked, and I present my opinion on things. The poster can choose to follow or ignore it. As I always state: "in my opinion", and I try to provide facts to back up my opinions.

Sure, call me Mr.SafeBytes. I don't mind.

That Shimian  doesn't OC so that makes sense to me..Ok if my Qnix has a 16ms input lag at 60hz then when i oc to 120hz it is a 8ms input lag or basically 1 frame to react.And i will never use a TN panel again..I will take better colors more pixels and a bigger screen for less money anyday.. :)

Less money? The VG248QE is $270, and it's a top tier 120/144 hz monitor.

I don't think Korean 1440p vs high refresh rate TN should be debated. If you are sensitive to stutter (overclocking can cause frame dropping), motion blur (light boost makes a huge difference) or are playing something like Counter Strike or Quake where you want the best reaction time possible, the TN will be a better choice, unless you have a CRT monitor that's still alive. Otherwise the Korean 1440p monitors would be a better choice.

there are also those new Eizo VA 120hz low persistence (bascially light boost doesn't fuck the color up) monitors. Those might be a nice compromise. The lag is about 10ms, if I remember correctly, though.

not worth it

you get dead pixels often and the warranty/return policy does not account for the dead pixels

then youre stuck with a bunch of dots on your screen

My benq has 3 dead pixels after about 2.5 years...get a pixelperfect one and youre golden

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

All i can say is i know about 6 people on here that own a Korean and they love it..This forum has become about reading a review..I don't even speak unless i know what i am talking about cause i hate being proved wrong.Someone ask about a Korean monitor and there is 50 guys saying don't do it..Why are they saying that when they don't know?I honestly tell people about my experience i don't try and sell them on it lol..

This is the best monitor i have gamed on and if i listened to your post i never would have bought this..So don't be GoodBiased!  :P

You can count that as 7 people now :). I hooked up one of the Quix monitors last night. No dead pixels and the pic quality is outstanding. Played BF4 on it last night and seen Zero ghosting. The stand is crap but hey that's why I ordered two monitor arms as well :D and read actual reviews of people buying the monitors, so I already was expecting it to be a bad stand anyways going into the purchase. . I will give more input when I get my monitor arms and set up the second Quix monitor I have.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

My benq has 3 dead pixels after about 2.5 years...get a pixelperfect one and youre golden

my samsung 55in led tv has 0 dead pixels after 4 years

im pretty sure korean monitors will have a lot more after a couple months

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You have a better chance getting a BAD Dell 2713HM like 3 times then getting a bad Qnix..But Dell has a better warranty but in one post on here two members went through 7 2713HMs before they got a good one..And Multi input monitors have triple the input lag..Did i mention these OC?lol

And if you are in the US you can get squaretrade warranty on it..I can break my monitor today and get a full refund..After 30 days dealing with dell they start sending refurbished monitors to you..Once again me and @ have these monitors with zero issues..And @GoodBytes probably has never even seen one except on youtube lol.

If you wanna pay more for more input lag and less HZ then be my guest..Some people like name brand stuff evemn though its not as good..I mean look at the IPhone lol..Hey GoodBytes do you have a IPhone?

Can you give me links to both the best place to buy these monitors and tell me more about how the square trade works/cost?

Much appreciated!