[WIP] CM 690 III - Rig (UPDATED 21/04/2014)

Max Game

Hey Guys, first post here.
This is my second computer, and my first custom built one.
Let's get the Specs out of the way and continue later shall we?

Chassi: Cooler Master CM 690 III w/ Sidepanel
     PSU: Cooler Master V850 - 850W (Fully Modular)
     Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H
     CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K (4GHz)
     RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - 1600MHz
     GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ ACX Cooling

HDD: WD Desktop Black 1TB

ODD: ASUS BC-12DHT

I do personally think that these parts are a great choise, As I will use this machine for tasks that are both
CPU and GPU intensive. Such as Gaming with high settings, 3D movie rendering and video editing.

Here's some pictures of it:

DSCN2391_zps05e0bb9f.jpg

View of it from the outside.

DSCN2392_zpsc762e622.jpg

View of the internals, with all removable panels gone.

DSCN2394_zpscdd568cb.jpg

The Power Supply and the GTX 780 Classy, the cables are routed as best as I could. (It is quite limited what you can do there)

DSCN2393_zps6529e335.jpg

View of the CPU and RAM. (No stock cooler anymore, yay)

DSCN2399_zpsb94f45f2.jpg

Messy cable management.

DSCN2403_zps23174dd2.jpg

Turned on and shining bright, giving a nice view of the internals.

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k394/MaxGame97/DSCN2400_zps16be093b.jpg (Behind)
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k394/MaxGame97/DSCN2402_zps6df46995.jpg (Another view of the CPU cooler)
 http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k394/MaxGame97/DSCN2401_zps5969284a.jpg (Top 200mm fan)

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k394/MaxGame97/DSCN2395_zps733557d3.jpg (Front 200mm fan and optical drive)

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k394/MaxGame97/DSCN2292_zpsa8f6a6e0.jpg (Context to the first 13 comments)
Some more images if you're interested.

This build is in progress so I will update when something interesting happens.

So what do you guys think? Tips on what to do next?

Pleeeease get a real CPU cooler

I will as soon as I can. :)

I will as soon as I can. :)

I would recommend the Hyper 212 EVO if you don't plan on OCing, or the NHD-14 if you want to OC

it hurts to see a 4770k under that peice of garbage

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I smell an Intel CPU cooler.

I can almost taste the terribad cooling. I can also taste my terribad grammar.

I can almost taste the terribad cooling. I can also taste my terribad grammar.

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Cheese

Nice and simple but -

if hes not overclocking and not using all the cores hes going to be fine

if hes not overclocking and not using all the cores hes going to be fine

he also has some extra fans in here he will be fine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you hadn't planned on OC there was no point getting the 4770k plus the Z87 board. That said, still looks pretty sweet.

I do hope that you plan on getting a cooler.

I got a pretty similar build in terms of h/w compared to yours. Check it out!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/141895-completed-build-the-naughty-dog/#entry1896182

Ryzen 5 5600x | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro | Asus TUF RTX3070 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3600mhz

If you hadn't planned on OC there was no point getting the 4770k plus the Z87 board. That said, still looks pretty sweet.

I do hope that you plan on getting a cooler.

I got a pretty similar build in terms of h/w compared to yours. Check it out!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/141895-completed-build-the-naughty-dog/#entry1896182

I actually have got a 212 EVO (With a Corsair AF120 + the stock fan in push/pull) and overclocked my CPU

to 4GHz, but I've been busy with other things so I haven't had time to take new pictures and edit the post.

I do have time today though so I'll probably update it today. Nice build btw, but the pictures are poorly illuminated.

If you have time, try to take some better ones.

[uPDATE]

So after a looong while, I've finally got a real CPU cooler.

It took a while for me to actually take the pictures, because I was lazy, but here it is.

I've also made some slight overclocking to start with and I might go up a little more.

So, this post is going to be this way for some time, until I decide to go even further with it.

Thanks for checking my build out and please do give me some feedback and/or tips on what I can do later on.

Looks good! I've been waiting on your update. :)  I've also been wanting to get this case but it has been out of stock.

By the way, did you add another 200mm fan? That clear front fan didn't come with the case did it? All the pics I've seen it is black.

Looks good! I've been waiting on your update. :)  I've also been wanting to get this case but it has been out of stock.

By the way, did you add another 200mm fan? That clear front fan didn't come with the case did it? All the pics I've seen it is black.

That front 200mm is a 'CM Megaflow 200 Blue Led' and yes, it was purchased separately, the stock 200mm fan is placed on the top instead.

i had the same case, it's a shit case for most gpu's, i get why you had to pull one of the cages out!

actually, it's just a shit case :P hope you plan on replacing that! i had no regret dumping mine

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

i had the same case, it's a shit case for most gpu's, i get why you had to pull one of the cages out!

actually, it's just a shit case :P hope you plan on replacing that! i had no regret dumping mine

I actually took those cages out because I wanted better airflow, the only real problem I have with the case is that there is no holes underneath the MOBO for cable routing.

Too bad you didn't like it, I think this is an amazing chassi.

You like cooler master, dont you?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

You like cooler master, dont you?

Maybe a "little".

From the start, I was looking after high quality components with good value and found this case and power supply.

And from then I suppose I started to like them a little too much. But I'm not dissapointed with what I've got from them...yet...

Maybe a "little".

From the start, I was looking after high quality components with good value and found this case and power supply.

And from then I suppose I started to like them a little too much. But I'm not dissapointed with what I've got from them...yet...

How was the mounting of the 212?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

How was the mounting of the 212?

Yeah it was a pain, but I'm not unhappy just because of that.

If you'll look for them, most reviews about this case have been positive. There are some video reviews also on youtube. Every review I've read says the build quality of this case is about as good as it gets. Maybe the case isn't "perfect" in every way, but I haven't found one that is and I've certainly looked at a lot of cases over the past month. Every case seems to have it's flaws.

I am in need of a new case and this case is definitely on my short list of cases.