Ramos Launch Two Hybrid Windows8.1/Android Dual boot Tablets

Well I just saw this, and I think I would share it here because last week Linus rage about Microsoft & Google stopping ASUS making hybrids.

Some Intel China region top managers even gave some speech... 

Maybe I'm wrong, because Asus is doing in system switch (from what i know), while Ramos is cold dual boot, you have to restart everytime you want to switch.

Here is spec:

1. Ramos i10 Pro

10 Inch IPS 1920x1200px

Atom Z3740D

2GB RAM

32GB eMMC

Rear(500M)/front(200M) Camera

WIFI,BT,GPS,3G(OPTIONAL)

Windows 8.1

Android 4.2.2

¥2699 (about $433.39)

2. Ramos i8 Pro

8 Inch IPS 1280x800px

Atom Z3740

2GB RAM

32GB eMMC

Rear(800M)/front(200M) Camera

WIFI,BT,GPS

Windows 8.1

¥(I have no idea how much it will be)

Here is some nice picture:

1. tease poster:

68589b64gw1eect419y8kj20go0m875z.jpg

2.Five Color to choose from:

68589b64gw1eem9byjq3zj21hc0u041h.jpg

3. Ramos i10 Pro Spec

68589b64gw1eem9esqyuwj21hc0u0447.jpg

4. Ramos i8 Pro Spec

68589b64gw1eem9gbhe88j21hc0u0wjd.jpg

Although they only launched i10 Pro and i8 Pro, there will be at least two more model.

The NOTE edition, donno if it will be wacom or not, but even it is wacom solution, I'm afraid they may not use the good wacom stuff, which will result in bad calib and very low palm resistance height (donno if this is true, but my surface have way better pen detection than my samsung tablet).

68589b64gw1eem9gtykdgj21hc0u0q8i.jpg

And very surprisingly, the i10 S edition with Intel Bay Trail-T CRV0 processor, which is actually the Atom Z3735D, no spec yet I think, but I would like to think it as a celeron... This version donnot have windows8.1 support, which Intel probably make their chips super cheap to oems...

68589b64gw1eem9he0p0lj21hc0u079z.jpg

Tablets' price is really high, usually Ramos release stuff at ¥500-¥1500 range, Chinese people are excited about the tablets, but feel quite uncomfortable with the price, since they will never match the build quality like Apple Microsoft...

Pictures from weibo, @Ramos: http://weibo.com/mumumusic

END

If I were in the market for a tablet, I would love a Windows/Android dual-boot. Windows would allow me to be productive and Android would allow me to just mess around/relax.

I hope there are more of these kinds of tablets in the future, and if so, I may end up buying one eventually.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Wasn't the Windows + Android dual boot abolished by Microsoft?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Good to see that somebody is continuing dual booting devices. Hopefully it'll work the same as ASUS's Duet.

COMIC SANS

Yea I have no idea, it seems like Intel is quite happy to support dual boot... well maybe they are just happy selling more chips..

They can't be allowed to do this while Asus isn't 

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

They can't be allowed to do this while Asus isn't

If it s a chinease company they can do what ever they want.

It s been provenbin the past many times, even apple can t sue any Chinese (and yes they tried)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

If it s a chinease company they can do what ever they want.

It s been provenbin the past many times, even apple can t sue any Chinese (and yes they tried)

Well ASUS is Taiwanese which is close enough 

I would be nice if Asus could ship they're hybrid but send windows 8 on a usb on the side... So its not technicaly a hybrid until you install windows yourself.^^

Well ASUS is Taiwanese which is close enough

They got a foothold in the us meaning us laws apply to them. So if Google or win wanted to sue they could.

By Chinese company I mean a company that exclusively works in China and use resalers else where. Those are immune to us laws.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Microsoft and Google. Both joined together to make this not possible.

Here is the problem I have with the dual OS.

Programs aren't shared. Files system aren't shared between them. So I see having a hard time switching files between 1 OS to the other.

Making you fight between switching OS, all the time. Despite fast, switch, I still see this as annoying.

I am all for Android emulation, however. Like BlueStack.

Sadly, BlueStack, looks like it needs a few more years before it's useable.

Yes, but they have no chance in hell of winning legally or otherwise against the People's Republic of China 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Files system aren't shared between them. 

Really? Because Linux can read and write windows files no problem which means that it should take like 2 hours for somebody to code an Android app to do likewise if it doesn't already exist

-------

Current Rig

-------

But not the reverse.

And if you use Windows file encryption, Android can't access the files. While in a Windows environment, no problem (or the reverse)

But not the reverse.

And if you use Windows file encryption, Android can't access the files. While in a Windows environment, no problem (or the reverse)

If you truly need access from windows to linux files cloud storage is an option. And I don't think most people would worry about encryption on a tablet but for the tiny amount of people that might need that, granted.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well the way I see it. Is that if you want Windows, it's for productivity.

As tablets are a bit easier to loose or be stolen than a gaming computer in a steal case (for many), and for some with added water cooling. You may want to encrypt your data.

Also, they are things you don't want to be on the cloud, because you account can be compromised (question of time), and important info could be stolen.

Now with Intel i10 Bay Trail!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Well the way I see it. Is that if you want Windows, it's for productivity.

As tablets are a bit easier to loose or be stolen than a gaming computer in a steal case (for many), and for some with added water cooling. You may want to encrypt your data.

Also, they are things you don't want to be on the cloud, because you account can be compromised (question of time), and important info could be stolen.

Encryption on Tablets is kind of useless imo, so file system problem may not be that important... 32GB eMMC is really small for a windows OS and Android OS... wonder how they make it work... 2 partition?

Now with Intel i10 Bay Trail!

LOL, Ramos skipped i1-i6, and started from i7 three years ago... yea it is very deceptive...

So you're saying that this shit tablet is ok to make but the amazing Duet isn't? What kind of fuckery is this?

advertising

Reported.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole