Steelseries 9H Gaming headset

pretty sure that it isn't removable, but it does retract all the way into it and nothing sticks out (so that is pretty close)

I was just wondering because i might want these, also the mic wasnt showing in a part of the video ;-)

I think the M50 is an unfair comparison of audiophile headphones to a headset. In the audio subforums, we always considered the m50 to be overhyped and not worth it at above $100. A better comparison would be Beyerdynamic's DT line since they can be had at around $150 or lower when bought used or Shure 440 with 840 pads since those are better options at that price point. 

How come Linus never mentions anything about channels such as 5.1, 7.1, or stereo. Which i believe the 9H are stereo. In my opinion stereo headsets are not the best for hardcore gamers that like to sound whore, or does what im saying have no truth too it?

A high quality stereo headset is great for positional tracking. I haven't used a true 5.1/7.1 headset, but the gimmicky digital surround really does nothing for me other than reduce the quality of the audio in game.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

How is the bass compared to something like the Kraken from Razer?

deteriorating headbands? how would anyone get to that point when the cord would break after a couple of months.

The plastic brace would loosen and begin to crack much quicker than the 5Hv2.

Great set of headsets, was considering getting a pair for myself. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Can someone tell Linus to stop referring to the M50's as monitor headphones? I love my pair to death (even though they are currently broken :c ) but they are not a suitable replacement as monitors, despite what the packaging says. 

Having used a set of 9H's for the past 3 months I have to say they are a very good set for gaming.  After many hours of listening to the the Battlefield (or not WRT team deathmatch bug  :D ) I have had no problems with this headset...good sound, good mic, very comfortable. 

Im am thinking of buying a gaming headset and I have 2 in mind:

Astro A40 2013 Edition without the mixamp

or 

the Steelseries 9H gaming headset

Which one should i get and which one is the better and more reliable

You need to review the Speedlink Medusa 5.1!!!  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I need help i cant choose between the two the steelseries 9h or the Sennheiser HD598 Audiophile  ive never had good headphones so i dont know if the soundstage on the hd558s is worthet i am going to be useing them for gaming and i really would like to listen to music with them i have around 10,000 songs on my computer (i have a creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe sound card and will be puting that to use with the headphones) everything for classical to rock no rap or hiphope so no need for heavy bass but i would love to have a good amount none the less for when i would be gaming or for techno music one last thing which one can i ware longer and is more comfortable. 

Im am thinking of buying a gaming headset and I have 2 in mind:

Astro A40 2013 Edition without the mixamp

or 

the Steelseries 9H gaming headset

Which one should i get and which one is the better and more reliable

I would get the Steelseries 9H gaming headset because of the things linus highlighted in the video and the amp looks better and  it also looks better than the ASTRO. i own the ASTRO A40 and the mic is just bad... and dont get me started with the MixAmp. Yesterday or 2 days ago the 9H were $240 cheaper than the ASTRO. 

Look nice! Not a bad price either, certainly a viable choice.  I am a big fan of colapseable mic's so I am a bit biased in that regard.