Kraken X60 Replacement Fans

Hey guys,
I just bought the Kraken X60. The stock fans are pretty subpar, loud and low performance. I am planning to replace the two fans with Noctua NF-A14 PWM. These will be for Pull. I also want 2 more fans in push configuration. I was thinking about using Noiseblocker 140mm PK-PS PWM fans, but they aren't available on Amazon (I don't want to make separate orders). The PK-3 has pretty decent sound levels. Problem is, Kraken X60 has 4 pin connectors (2 pin and a gap and 1 pin; makes 3 pin). And since the two of the three pins are separated from each other, the 3 pin will be plugged into 2 pins only. Will this be a problem? All Kraken X60 users please help!!!!!
Thanks.

What do you mean the Kraken X60 has 4 pins? Does that mean the fans or the pump unit?

If you replace the fans with the NoiseBlocker PWN fan it will still require a 4 pin connector. Just make sure your Motherboard or whatever has a 4 pin plug If not look for one with only 3 pins (general everyother fan)

Kraken X60 has a 4 pin slot for the fans to plugged into the pump unit. The Kraken X60 has a 3pin to the motherboard. The 4 pin slot for the radiator fans however has a config of this (PIN PIN GAP PIN), which would work for PWM fans but not for 3 pin fans since only 2 of the 3 pins would be connected. This seems odd to me and googling around, only a few have had this problem but I couldn't figure out what their solutions were. I could just get 4 noctua fans but noctuas aren't really suited to my build color scheme, this is the least ideal since it looks...bad and it is....well a tiny bit more expensive than the noise blockers.

If you replace the fans with the NoiseBlocker PWN fan it will still require a 4 pin connector. Just make sure your Motherboard or whatever has a 4 pin plug If not look for one with only 3 pins (general everyother fan)

I CAN'T get Noiseblocker PWm because it is simply not available on Amazon (I don't want to make separate orders) Also it is the Kraken X60 that is the problem because it seems to accept only PWM fans. So if noise blocker really doesn't work, other alternatives? Also my build is red so I kinda want red fans, but not LED fans I feel those will over illuminate my build.

Are you saying that on your MB their is a plug for the fans with a PIN PIN GAP PIN config?

I CAN'T get Noiseblocker PWm because it is simply not available on Amazon (I don't want to make separate orders) Also it is the Kraken X60 that is the problem because it seems to accept only PWM fans. So if noise blocker really doesn't work, other alternatives? Also my build is red so I kinda want red fans, but not LED fans I feel those will over illuminate my build.

You know that you can use any 140mm fan for the Radiator, why dont you just buy a 140mm fan in the colour scheme that suites which has a 3 pin?

Are you saying that on your MB their is a plug for the fans with a PIN PIN GAP PIN config?

My MB is 4 Pin sorry I'm terrible at explaining my situation. 

My Kraken, however, is 3 pin (to the motherboard, this is not the problem). The fans are 4 Pin, but the receiving end (the pump to which the fans connect to) are 3 pin with the config of (PIN PIN GAP PIN)

You know that you can use any 140mm fan for the Radiator, why dont you just buy a 140mm fan in the colour scheme that suites which has a 3 pin?

My concern is that because 140mm 3 pin fans will not work with the Kraken, which on its receiving end is (PIN PIN GAP PIN), which becomes problematic (potentially), as only 2 pins will become connected.

My MB is 4 Pin sorry I'm terrible at explaining my situation. 

My Kraken, however, is 3 pin (to the motherboard, this is not the problem). The fans are 4 Pin, but the receiving end (the pump to which the fans connect to) are 3 pin with the config of (PIN PIN GAP PIN)

That shouldnt be a problem then if that is the layout of the pins.

Just to Clarify

The motherboard fan headers are PIN PIN GAP PIN

and

The fan plugs are a 4 PIN socket

if so it should work no problems

BTW this thread should be under "water cooling"

That shouldnt be a problem then if that is the layout of the pins.

Just to Clarify

The motherboard fan headers are PIN PIN GAP PIN

and

The fan plugs are a 4 PIN socket

if so it should work no problems

The fan plugs are 4 pin sockets yes. My concern is only 2 of the pins will be connected... since one of them is a gap. Won't that potentially become a problem??

The fan plugs are 4 pin sockets yes. My concern is only 2 of the pins will be connected... since one of them is a gap. Won't that potentially become a problem??

Well 3 of the 4 pins on the MB will be plugged into the fan and from my knowledge it should not be a problem

You will notice that one of the four fan connectors does have three pins in a row. Make sure one of your fans is plugged into that fan connector or the kraken software won't show the fan speed.

I replaced the kraken fans with two be quiet silent wings2 140mm fans, very quiet. I used the soft silicon mounts with the kraken's long screws and washer. Did a pull setup with the screws coming from the top of the case, screwed through the silicon mounts of the fan to to the radiator. So all you see looking from the inside of the case is the radiator for a clean look.

The fans run at 1000 rpm

• 3 weeks later...

You will notice that one of the four fan connectors does have three pins in a row. Make sure one of your fans is plugged into that fan connector or the kraken software won't show the fan speed.

I replaced the kraken fans with two be quiet silent wings2 140mm fans, very quiet. I used the soft silicon mounts with the kraken's long screws and washer. Did a pull setup with the screws coming from the top of the case, screwed through the silicon mounts of the fan to to the radiator. So all you see looking from the inside of the case is the radiator for a clean look.

The fans run at 1000 rpm

Hey, do you have problems getting the new fans to work? I noted your pointer. I did plug my two new Noctuas in and when I boot up the computer, my P7P55 Asus mobo shows the CPU Fan Error! Message. I've tried many combinations (since I only use 2 of the 4 ports), none of which dismisses the CPU Fan Error message. Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tim

Sorry for the lateness. Haven't been here for awhile.

The warning you are getting about the CPU error should not be related how you are connecting the two fans into the the four port section.

What I think is happening is you are taking the fan cable that comes from the pump/CPU heatsink and connecting it to a sysfan connector not the one specified for the CPU fan, or if the connections are done right, the bios settings for the cpu fan rpm warning are set too high ( if you can adjust them). Is the Nzxt logo on the heatsink lit up?