Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

It took me a while to decide if those were renders or photos...

Your renders are just so amazing, they really are better than real life

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Was staring at those pics for about 5 minutes trying to decide if they were renders or not 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

It took me a while to decide if those were renders or photos...

Your renders are just so amazing, they really are better than real life

I looked at the picture all zoomed in and they are in fact photos.

:o I need a change of pants...

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

Would you be willing to upload or share with me some of your components that you've been modeling? I'm modelling a build myself and need some help as I'm just starting out. I'd be remodeling them myself, but I'd like to use them as a reference!  :D

Would you be willing to upload or share with me some of your components that you've been modeling? I'm modelling a build myself and need some help as I'm just starting out. I'd be remodeling them myself, but I'd like to use them as a reference!  :D

IIRC, go to page 26 if you are using the default setting for posts per page. I'll go back and see if i can find it and update this post real quick if i do.  It's post 484: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/128679-loramentum-a-watercooled-wall-mounted-rig-hardware-installed-updated-121114/?p=3013249

Thats awesome  :o

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Man I have been waiting for this!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Well, super glad this is finished and is as smexy as this is, but I'm probably
going to have to unfollow to avoid all the notifications of people congratulating
you. Hopefully you don't post any thing super important that I'll miss.

- Rumi

Well, super glad this is finished and is as smexy as this is, but I'm probably

going to have to unfollow to avoid all the notifications of people congratulating

you. Hopefully you don't post any thing super important that I'll miss.

- Rumi

Might want to wait a bit... it's not done yet. Still have the wiring, the coolant, the fans etc. to add. Then it'll be done :)

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

It's so close. I hope, which I should have asked earlier, that the components are all ok after the drop and destruction of the original. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Might want to wait a bit... it's not done yet. Still have the wiring, the coolant, the fans etc. to add. Then it'll be done :)

Yeah I really wish there was an author notification only setting. Would make build logs much easier to follow.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

the quality keeps amazing me, also, you got featured on EKWB their facebook, they seem to like your build as well :)

link to their post

9759aacbdda3f6aace5f2dfb0bfdabfc.png

Edited by darkspeedy26

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

IIRC, go to page 26 if you are using the default setting for posts per page. I'll go back and see if i can find it and update this post real quick if i do.  It's post 484: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/128679-loramentum-a-watercooled-wall-mounted-rig-hardware-installed-updated-121114/?p=3013249

Thank you! You have saved me so much!

Was staring at those pics for about 5 minutes trying to decide if they were renders or not

Hehe, hopefully the final pictures when everything's done should be even more confusing. :)

:o I need a change of pants...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Man I have been waiting for this!

Not long to go now!

It's so close. I hope, which I should have asked earlier, that the components are all ok after the drop and destruction of the original.

They certainly were all fine when I last tested them shortly after the fall. I can only hope nothing has happened since then.

Yeah I really wish there was an author notification only setting. Would make build logs much easier to follow.

Yeah that would be really handy, it can be quite off putting when things are busy.

the quality keeps amazing me, also, you got featured on EKWB their facebook, they seem to like your build as well :)

link to their post

Hehe, that's the third time they've featured it on there now. I'm beginning to worry that people are going to get bored of seeing it now rofl

UPDATE!

Been working on the tubing, which I must admit took much longer than I expected.  I have a small graveyard of 90 degree bends that weren't quite right now, didn't want to have the faintest bit of kink in any of them.  Turns out the thin walled acrylic tubing kinks far more easily than the thicker stuff I used to use.

I also shortened the wiring on the pump itself, little job but it makes a bit difference to the overall look on the back.  Just a case of taking it apart, shortening, sleeving, drilling a larger hole and putting everything back in.  Swapped the molex connector too, the translucent one that comes with the pump simply had to go.

My fingers are a little numb from all the tightening, but things seem pretty solid.  Looking to get the remainder of the wiring and a leak test done over the next couple of days!

brsJSn.jpg

ax5tdj.jpg

YfczHw.jpg

4uyaaD.jpg

27aMDA.jpg

GEKngX.jpg

Not sure if render or real

Me too, it took me a bit.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Been working on the tubing, which I must admit took much longer than I expected. I have a small graveyard of 90 degree bends that weren't quite right now, didn't want to have the faintest bit of kink in any of them. Turns out the thin walled acrylic tubing kinks far more easily than the thicker stuff I used to use.

I also shortened the wiring on the pump itself, little job but it makes a bit difference to the overall look on the back. Just a case of taking it apart, shortening, sleeving, drilling a larger hole and putting everything back in. Swapped the molex connector too, the translucent one that comes with the pump simply had to go.

My fingers are a little numb from all the tightening, but things seem pretty solid. Looking to get the remainder of the wiring and a leak test done over the next couple of days!

Can you get a pic of how you joined the 290x block to the bit of loop inside the chassis? I'm curious as to how you did that, setting as it doesn't seem to have space for tubing.

Also, how did you mount that card in general? I would have just attached it as if it were a custom backplate, but that's not terribly conducive to changing it hardware in the future, and I don't feel like it would have enabled you to connect it to the loop inside the chassis.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Looking better and better every time.

Have you considered some kind of plate/shield that can go over the motherboard IO?

Also are you going to be able to actually mount the build to a wall?

brsJSn.jpg

how can you take apart a pump like this? I've never tried but probably will for my future build if I can. Is it just a snap-in cap at the end?

I hope the next update will be "complete". Good job!

Gosh darn it, why does it have to look so good!

Well... I could always paint the block red and blue? :P

Can you get a pic of how you joined the 290x block to the bit of loop inside the chassis? I'm curious as to how you did that, setting as it doesn't seem to have space for tubing.

Also, how did you mount that card in general? I would have just attached it as if it were a custom backplate, but that's not terribly conducive to changing it hardware in the future, and I don't feel like it would have enabled you to connect it to the loop inside the chassis.

Sure thing, I'll grab a picture for you in the next main update.  To connect it to the block I've used a Bitspower D-plug, it's basically like an SLI/Crossfire fitting in that it has two sides with male threads and a push fitting in the centre.  Just slide one half into the other.  I've also replaced the stock PCI-e bracket with one I made from aluminium, this is bent 90 degrees and offers support at the back.  Near the top right hand corner there's an acrylic spacer that helps to keep the card uniform and free from movement/flex.  In theory it should be pretty easy to replace this card with another one as the mounting points aren't card specific.

Looking better and better every time.

Have you considered some kind of plate/shield that can go over the motherboard IO?

Also are you going to be able to actually mount the build to a wall?

I have actually, although I'm still looking at how I'd do it without compromising the visual flow.  It'll only take a short time to make one should I have an idea, I have the materials so it's not a biggie.  As for the wall mounting, yup although probably not for a while.  My current living arrangements don't really work out with wall mounting, which is why I designed to to be used both ways.  However, down the line I'll make the wall bracket, should work out no problem, the weight is fine for beefier brackets.

how can you take apart a pump like this? I've never tried but probably will for my future build if I can. Is it just a snap-in cap at the end?

I hope the next update will be "complete". Good job!

The end literally just pops off, I used a steel ruler to do it, screwdriver or butter knife will work fine.

Those pics doe...

Aww yis

In related news, I've ordered some more coolant (only had one small bottle) so that I can experiment with a few ideas.  One of which I'm very much hoping you'll like, fingers crossed.

Well... I could always paint the block red and blue? :P

Sure thing, I'll grab a picture for you in the next main update. To connect it to the block I've used a Bitspower D-plug, it's basically like an SLI/Crossfire fitting in that it has two sides with male threads and a push fitting in the centre. Just slide one half into the other. I've also replaced the stock PCI-e bracket with one I made from aluminium, this is bent 90 degrees and offers support at the back. Near the top right hand corner there's an acrylic spacer that helps to keep the card uniform and free from movement/flex. In theory it should be pretty easy to replace this card with another one as the mounting points aren't card specific.

I have actually, although I'm still looking at how I'd do it without compromising the visual flow. It'll only take a short time to make one should I have an idea, I have the materials so it's not a biggie. As for the wall mounting, yup although probably not for a while. My current living arrangements don't really work out with wall mounting, which is why I designed to to be used both ways. However, down the line I'll make the wall bracket, should work out no problem, the weight is fine for beefier brackets.

The end literally just pops off, I used a steel ruler to do it, screwdriver or butter knife will work fine.

Aww yis

In related news, I've ordered some more coolant (only had one small bottle) so that I can experiment with a few ideas. One of which I'm very much hoping you'll like, fingers crossed.

Hey, pleas keep track of your exact measurements for coloring the water, cause if I like the color I'm using it for my monolith build.

Also, don't you think that's kinda a weak way to hold it in place? I would want a bracket on top at least... I tend to overengineer things, but...

Daily Driver: