Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

I NEED THE FINAL PICTURES NAO!!!!!! Seriously though, those renders are stunning. I am extremely impressed and crave more. Definite follow from me.

This is one of the best builds I have seen yet on LTT. Please finish this  B)

Damnnnn, this looks so nice.

Exciting project

Super renders wow

Lookin forward to more of this epicness

Hope to see this finished. Nice renders!

I thought the render was the build... Subbed, this is awesome.

I was thinking the same thing.  Renders almost look better than the real thing haha

Hehe thanks for all the kind words everybody!  I'll be posting up some more stuff in a few days, hopefully the content from EK should also arrive, which will be fun.

dayum, looks really good!

what program and render did you use?

Cheers!  I used Autodesk Inventor for the parts modeling and rendered everything using Cycles in Blender.  Little details like wires etc. were all done in Blender.

How are you going to fasten the graphics card?

And how are you going to cover up the "fluid runs" and the reservoir in the acrylic? Another acrylic plate with a gigantic o-ring I presume, but are you going to use screws?

Also, I'd be really interested to see someone who renders stuff like this record it and put it on youtube or something. Not asking for a guide here but would be interesting to see something like this done, maybe even in superspeed.

Hi there, to hold the graphics card in place I'm actually going to be making a bracket out of some aluminium, which will likely be gold plated to fit with the rest of the build.  Funnily enough I am actually planning on doing a series of videos for this build, probably in a similar style to Singularity Computers' ones, but probably not quite so lengthy.  My current build style (go in and do a bit then leave) probably doesn't lend well to a timelapse though.  I did make a couple a while back for when I made bespoke cakes, was a lot of fun, my equipment is much more advanced now too so there are more possibilities.  In short, I'll look into it.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Hi there, to hold the graphics card in place I'm actually going to be making a bracket out of some aluminium, which will likely be gold plated to fit with the rest of the build.  Funnily enough I am actually planning on doing a series of videos for this build, probably in a similar style to Singularity Computers' ones, but probably not quite so lengthy.  My current build style (go in and do a bit then leave) probably doesn't lend well to a timelapse though.  I did make a couple a while back for when I made bespoke cakes, was a lot of fun, my equipment is much more advanced now too so there are more possibilities.  In short, I'll look into it.

Actually, I was only talking about the rendering (and what else is involved in doing that magic) part :)

But I guess everyone (including me) will be even more excited about a full (or half) coverage!

Are you for real? That is just...damn...I am subbing. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Actually, I was only talking about the rendering (and what else is involved in doing that magic) part :)

But I guess everyone (including me) will be even more excited about a full (or half) coverage!

Aah I see, yeah I'm definitely going to be covering the concept and design phases (given they're such integral elements in my projects), should be fun!

Are you for real? That is just...damn...I am subbing. 

Thanks man!

UPDATE!

7kqb.jpg

First up, a big thanks to EKWB who are sponsoring quite a bit of kit for this build.  DPD has said that the package should arrive on Monday, can't wait to take a look inside!

I was surprised by the postman this morning, turned out to be the back panel for the main construction!  This is great as it means I can now get on with basically all the other parts of the project that require hand work (of which there's quite a bit I assure you).  I took a couple pictures of the piece itself, once again I'm very impressed thanks Phame!

ubvx.jpg

1iop.jpg

I'm hoping to start having a look at modding the RAM tomorrow, how though I'll leave a mystery.

Looks amazing! Keep it up!

One little question, you will need to use a pcie extender with a right angle, right? So which one? Because I am also looking for one and didn't find anything ;)

Business Management Student @ University St. Gallen (Switzerland)

HomeServer: i7 4930k - GTX 1070ti - ASUS Rampage IV Gene - 32Gb Ram

Laptop: MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2018

Operating Systems (Virtualised using VMware): Windows Pro 10, Cent OS 7

Looks amazing! Keep it up!

One little question, you will need to use a pcie extender with a right angle, right? So which one? Because I am also looking for one and didn't find anything ;)

Indeed I will be using one, still trying to figure out what to go for though, you're right in that it's not the easiest bit to find.

Looks amazing! Keep up the great work! :)

Can't wait. Everytime I see a notification, I hope it's from this  :D

Thanks guys!

New bits from EK!

So my care package from EK arrived today :D

Inside were almost all the bits I'll be needing to get the watercooling up and running:

A supremacy gold CPU block
An FC R9-290X Nickel/Acetal full cover block
Loadsa fittings!
A few meters of their acrylic tube

Decided to take a few fancy pictures of everything.

0jav.jpg

iaom.jpg

03m2.jpg

y1ox.jpg

pzrf.jpg

ofqm.jpg

1g49.jpg

3ajv.jpg

d785.jpg

cnvq.jpg

iio3.jpg

p0ij.jpg

Looking forward to getting these updates going in a regular fashion now, lots of stuff just around the corner.

Very nice build, can't wait see more updates.

Subbed.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Damnn that gold plated waterblock...

Originally I was so annoyed when EK released the damn thing rofl, I already had a Raystorm ready that I was going to be spraying gold and lighting up with some deep yellow LEDs.  However, the moment I saw the Supremacy Gold on their announcement page it was destined to be in this build.  It's a bit of a shame that most of the gold can't be seen though as it sits on top of the damn CPU...  I'm not a huge fan of the dull grey jet plate either, but it still looks awesome in person.  Just need to get round to gold plating the GPU block (just the top, leaving the nickel as it's basically not visible when installed) and the RAM heatspreaders now.

Very nice build, can't wait see more updates.

Subbed.

Cheers, welcome aboard!

Hoping to have the time to go pick up some new taps for all the screwthreads today, if I do, I'll post a teaser tonight showing some progress/practice.  I have the day off tomorrow so will try to get as much done then as possible.

sorry if someones asked this before but whats the mounting set up you will have for the wall? because the rads going to weigh allot last thing you want is it ripping a hole in the wall ;~;

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

sorry if someones asked this before but whats the mounting set up you will have for the wall? because the rads going to weigh allot last thing you want is it ripping a hole in the wall ;~;

Whilst it'll be heavy, it's got nothing on a decently sized plasma screen (got a 50" LG from 06 in the lounge, required two of us to lift it onto the mount rofl).  A standard VESA mount should be fine, given there are numerous specs for different weight categories.  Because the main structure is 25mm acrylic, it's very strong, so should have no issues being supported by a direct mount.

Whilst it'll be heavy, it's got nothing on a decently sized plasma screen (got a 50" LG from 06 in the lounge, required two of us to lift it onto the mount rofl).  A standard VESA mount should be fine, given there are numerous specs for different weight categories.  Because the main structure is 25mm acrylic, it's very strong, so should have no issues being supported by a direct mount.

You could have it on like a monitor arm, that would be totally amazing! :D Swivel it around and things...

@ Maki Role

but if it would be a portable-ish system, and you are going to put it on a vesa mount on a wall, how are you going to put it at university or LAN parties?

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Looks really cool. Subbed.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

post-6374-0-39518300-1395748762.gif

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

You could have it on like a monitor arm, that would be totally amazing! :D Swivel it around and things...

That's basically the idea, although I'll have to weigh this thing after it's built, not exactly lightweight rofl.

@ Maki Role

but if it would be a portable-ish system, and you are going to put it on a vesa mount on a wall, how are you going to put it at university or LAN parties?

Good question.  I'm planning for the mount itself to be pretty easily detachable, which will make installing and removing it nice and simple.  University is simple enough as I can drill into the wall (not living in a dorm) to place a vesa mount, the landlord's okay with that sort of thing.  As for when it's at a place where there isn't a wall mount for an extended period, I'm planning on making a stand that should hold it up in place quite nicely on a desk.  For LAN parties, it should be able to operate out of the case like some gargantuan laptop :D

lPiUTFN.gif

After seeing this I started uncontrollably humping my monitor, I need a new one now so expect a bill soon.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

...damn dude... that is just AWSOME 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

EK seems to have stepped their game up in terms of the WB designs. They look so freaking clean! 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Holy bull balls.  Amazing, Then I saw the freaking suit case.

Nothing to see here - move along.

lPiUTFN.gif

After seeing this I started uncontrollably humping my monitor, I need a new one now so expect a bill soon.

y u gotta tease me wit dis!

Just finish it so i can finish and clean after myself cause this looks fcking epic

...damn dude... that is just AWSOME 

Holy bull balls.  Amazing, Then I saw the freaking suit case.

Thanks guys!  There's lots of progress on the way, trust me.

EK seems to have stepped their game up in terms of the WB designs. They look so freaking clean! 

Yeah they really look fantastic, so sleek and sophisticated, not to mention very solid (although not quite Aquacomputer solid).

Right so that teaser I promised?  Here it is!

Turns out I managed to not only buy the correct taps for the screw holes and the g1/4 fittings, but I also got the right glue for the O-rings.  Here are a few quick and crappy phone pics showing what I mean.

fzo6.jpg

Quite a beefy tapping wrench for quite a beefy tap, good to finally have one of these, should really really useful.

jx99.jpg

Look ma!  No hands!  Confirmation that I did indeed get the right things, this means I can progress with the main construction pretty smoothly.

zqgh.jpg

Probably the biggest surprise for me today, the glue actually worked.  I used a version of the one I was recommended for o-ring cord, it's bloody strong too.  This is a quick test piece I made (read really sloppy, the real ones will be much better) just to see if it would hold up.  The bond cured really fast, after just 5 minutes or so I couldn't even pull the thing apart, it just stretched.  This means I should be able to make all the o-rings without any issues!