Should I buy this motorcycle?

spwath

I Looked at some online stuff, looks decent if i can fix it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not unless you're careless to the point of being suicidal and depending on where you live you don't mind having no means of transportation for extended periods due to weather...or are even more suicidal to drive a bike on the rain or snow but at that point you might as well try a William Tell routine or take up juggling chainsaws.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not unless you're careless to the point of being suicidal and depending on where you live you don't mind having no means of transportation for extended periods due to weather...or are even more suicidal to drive a bike on the rain or snow but at that point you might as well try a William Tell routine or take up juggling chainsaws.

Huh? Are you saying I should or shouldn't?

But yeah I won't be able to use in winter I live in ny

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm saying that they're notoriously and ridiculously dangerous even in perfect weather.

Not really. I mean sure, more than a car but not that much, you just hear about it more

Looks pretty decent for 200.  I mean, if it suits your purposes, it looks pretty good.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Looks pretty decent for 200. I mean, if it suits your purposes, it looks pretty good.

Only purpose it doesn't suit is carrying my cello. But I can use a car for that.

I have spent a pretty good deal of time elbow deep in motorcycle engines, and I would be very wary of someone on craigslist that admit the bike needs transmission work.

In these bikes the engine and transmission are a single unit. You have to open the engine block to get to the transmission. Its not a small task. And on many bikes, an expensive task. 

I'm not saying to run away, but if you are dead set on it I would advise you to approach with extreme caution. There are likely better bikes around for that price.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I have spent a pretty good deal of time elbow deep in motorcycle engines, and I would be very wary of someone on craigslist that admit the bike needs transmission work.

In these bikes the engine and transmission are a single unit. You have to open the engine block to get to the transmission. Its not a small task. And on many bikes, an expensive task.

I'm not saying to run away, but if you are dead set on it I would advise you to approach with extreme caution. There are likely better bikes around for that price.

Hmm ok. I'll have to look around. I think there were some more expensive ones on better condition but still not that expensive

No way too much work involved, this one would be a better bike http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/4328204443.html also you can't get your motorcycle permit until you have your senor drivers license so that would be 18 normally unless you take paid classes at which point it's 17 then you have to ride with in 200 feet of somebody that's over 21 with a motorcycle license for a few months then get your license.

This is just a post i quoted so you would get a notification

So how does the one that the top quote is look? ( http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/4328204443.html ) And can anyone tell me about this one, doesnt specify anything. http://ithaca.craigslist.org/mpo/4371872222.html

So how does the one that the top quote is look? ( http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/4328204443.html ) And can anyone tell me about this one, doesnt specify anything. http://ithaca.craigslist.org/mpo/4371872222.html

The Yamaha is a better option in my opinion. The Honda has a transverse engine and transmission, that combo has not been notoriously reliable or sturdy on motorcycles.

A really good friend of mine had a Yamaha 750 maxim back in high school. He loved the thing.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The Yamaha is a better option in my opinion. The Honda has a transverse engine and transmission, that combo has not been notoriously reliable or sturdy on motorcycles.

A really good friend of mine had a Yamaha 750 maxim back in high school. He loved the thing.

And it Does say 650 or b/o so I could get it down. I wonder how low I could get it. 400?

Not really. I mean sure, more than a car but not that much, you just hear about it more

Not that much? I'd like you to take something minor like a fender bender to the leg and tell me how is "not that much" worst than a car. Is like saying that getting your car ran over by a train is "not that much" worst than a car accident.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Not that much? I'd like you to take something minor like a fender bender to the leg and tell me how is "not that much" worst than a car. Is like saying that getting your car ran over by a train is "not that much" worst than a car accident.

Ok well all the accidents are worse, but they are not that much more common. And im not asking about wether i should get in to motor cycle riding, im asking wether or not these ones are good.

Are you ready to crash?I lost use of my right arm in a motorcycle vs Semi truck accident 12 years ago..You will crash it's just a matter of when and how bad..

I have over 8ft of scars on my body from motorcycles..

Are you ready to crash?I lost use of my right arm in a motorcycle vs Semi truck accident 12 years ago..You will crash it's just a matter of when and how bad..

I have over 8ft of scars on my body from motorcycles..

This is true of virtually all motor vehicles, except it's generally a better idea to have several thousand pounds of metal, airbags, seat belts and decades of crash proofing design between you and a semi truck like OneGun here mentions, please listen to him, or to yourself for that matter: yes crashes are not more common but injuries are 1000x more horrifying for motorcycle riders or as you might have heard before, donor-cycles. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is true of virtually all motor vehicles, except it's generally a better idea to have several thousand pounds of metal, airbags, seat belts and decades of crash proofing design between you and a semi truck like OneGun here mentions, please listen to him, or to yourself for that matter: yes crashes are not more common but injuries are 1000x more horrifying for motorcycle riders or as you might have heard before, donor-cycles.

I am aware of the risks. I saw this special suit you can buy that makes an air bag explode around you when you crash. Think it was around 500-1000$

I am aware of the risks. I saw this special suit you can buy that makes an air bag explode around you when you crash. Think it was around 500-1000$

As long as you are careful and don't goof around and are aware of everyone around you, you will be fine 99% of the time. Just like anything else, be careful!

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M