Should I buy this motorcycle?

spwath

So i found a honda nighthalk 650 on craiglist, 200 $, needs new transmiton. IM 14, should i buy it and fix it up for when im 16?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/4351472261.html

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I don't know. Should you? You know best.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

look up the value of the bike, look up the cost of a trans+200. it looks good, but i dont know the values

Body looks great and as long as the engine is alright I think this would be a great buy as long as you or someone you know has knowledge of tranny's and engines so you can get it on the road by the time you're 16. For $200 or even $150 if you talk the guy down I think it's worth it.

PS: Have you ever ridden before?

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Do you know anything about engine mechanics? Any riding experience?

It'd be a fun learning exercise, but a new trans would probably cost 3 or 4 times as much as the bike itself.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Body looks great and as long as the engine is alright I think this would be a great buy as long as you or someone you know has knowledge of tranny's and engines so you can get it on the road by the time you're 16. For $200 or even $150 if you talk the guy down I think it's worth it.

PS: Have you ever ridden before?

No I'm 14. Unless you mean not drive it but ride one then yes. I'm taking some car courses the next few years so yeah.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The trust value of Craiglist....... and can you fix it up. Check how much it is to get a new transmission and you have to wait 2 years to even use it if you use it at all. 

If you are wanting a bike and know how to ride, I think that it should be a good deal. Just make sure the rest of the bike is clean so you don't end up fixing a lot of stuff on it. it would be a nice bike to start on I think. Check on what a tranny would cost + labor cuz for those things I would have a knowledgeable person do it.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

The trust value of Craiglist....... and can you fix it up. Check how much it is to get a new transmission and you have to wait 2 years to even use it if you use it at all.

I can wait. I would have to fix it anyway. I'll have to check transmission price.

No I'm 14. Unless you mean not drive it but ride one then yes. I'm taking some car courses the next few years so yeah.

Ya I saw you're 14 but you may have ridden around one in a parking lot or own a dirtbike (Like me :D ) They are great fun to ride :) My dad has a bit of an addiction of buying cheap used motorcycles, riding them for a bit, and selling them for a profit :P

I think if you have the money it would be fun to try and fix it up :) Go for it.

PS: What year is that bike?

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

No way too much work involved, this one would be a better bike http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/4328204443.html also you can't get your motorcycle permit until you have your senor drivers license so that would be 18 normally unless you take paid classes at which point it's 17 then you have to ride with in 200 feet of somebody that's over 21 with a motorcycle license for a few months then get your license.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Ya I saw you're 14 but you may have ridden around one in a parking lot or own a dirtbike (Like me :D ) They are great fun to ride :) My dad has a bit of an addiction of buying cheap used motorcycles, riding them for a bit, and selling them for a profit :P

I think if you have the money it would be fun to try and fix it up :) Go for it.

PS: What year is that bike?

Not sure what year.

And no I haven't driven one but looks fun and was fun to ride. I've only driven my mind pt cruiser. But I like biking and riding on back of motorcycle was fun so combine the two and sounds fun

If you can't find anything else you like. And you think you can manage it. I'd say go for it.
The nighthawk is not a bad bike. and should be easy to work on.
But a trans change can be easy if you are lucky. Hell if you're not. 

In the end it's your choice.

Now if you'll excuse me.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

I need to make a phonecall...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not sure what year.

And no I haven't driven one but looks fun and was fun to ride. I've only driven my mind pt cruiser. But I like biking and riding on back of motorcycle was fun so combine the two and sounds fun

They are great fun to ride :) I think this would be a great summer project for you.

PS:Looks like a '83 to me.

My Current Build: 

Also if it turns out the whole engine is blown you can pick up a complete one for about $600-700 on Ebay btw.

My Current Build: 

They are great fun to ride :) I think this would be a great summer project for you.

PS:Looks like a '83 to me.

All I need to do is sell one Lego set to buy it (I can sell my sets for 150 and I have 100 now) seems like a good trade, 1 Lego set for a motorcycle

All I need to do is sell one Lego set to buy it (I can sell my sets for 150 and I have 100 now) seems like a good trade, 1 Lego set for a motorcycle

Lol definitely a good trade xD

My Current Build: 

Just please make sure you try and find a online repair manual for the correct year and schematics for whatever parts your are working on so you don't break anything (Unless you are paying a mechanic to do it)

My Current Build: 

Anyone know about how and when I can get a motorcyclists license in NY?

Anyone know about how and when I can get a motorcyclists license in NY?

This website has some info on getting your M license :)

http://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/get-motorcycle-license

My Current Build: 

This website has some info on getting your M license :)

http://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/get-motorcycle-license

Thanks I'll check that out tomorrow when I have some time

Thanks I'll check that out tomorrow when I have some time

No problem.

My Current Build: 

200 for it seems like a good deal really, but if you don't really want to fix it up then it's not. It all comes down to if you want to put in the effort or not. (I would)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Hmm my parents are saying I'm not allowed to get it but I'll try and convince then saying it will be a learning experience fixing it up and I will have responsibility when driving it and I went need them to take me places and I won't need to borrow their car etc.