PS3 just for the last of us?

MzCatieB

SO, i'm thinking of getting a PS3 just for the last of us.

Is the game worth getting?

Character artist in the Games industry.

YES. An incredible game.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Worth!

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

yup, very nice system and you can use it for anything, you should also try uncharted 3 and the rest of the series

Not very cost effective and I personally would not. But if you have the money go for it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

i've been thinking about this too

if i get a ps3 tho, it won't be for the last of us, not just for that at least

i would buy it for games such as mgs4, journey, gran turismo 5, all those exclusives that i couldn't play otherwise

buying a ps3 just for "the last of us" is a waste of money. i mean, it's a good game, but not THAT amazing, not worth all THAT money

i've been thinking about this too

if i get a ps3 tho, it won't be for the last of us, not just for that at least

i would buy it for games such as mgs4, journey, gran turismo 5, all those exclusives that i couldn't play otherwise

buying a ps3 just for "the last of us" is a waste of money. i mean, it's a good game, but not THAT amazing, not worth all THAT money

Journey and little big planet will be a few other games i would get as well.

Character artist in the Games industry.

depositphotos_11085122-Approved-stamp.jp

Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 6 (zomg amazing game), God of War etc.

You can get a 1st gen PS3 for around £80. Definitely worth it. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Is The Last of Us worth buying a PS3 for? In my opinion absolutely yes! One of the best games I've ever played, and without a doubt the best story I've ever played as well. The game is a masterpiece. Also, I HIGHLY recommend buying the DLC that came out for it recently, it's just as amazing. Totally worth an extra $15. (or buy the season pass for $20 or $25 I think? I bought it but I can't remember the price) and buying a PS3 is totally worth it because you can get a PS3 fairly cheap these days. My dad bought a 12gb PS3 for $150.

But if you buy a PS3 you should defiantly check these games out as well.... 

Little Big Planet, and Little Big planet 2 (If you can only get one, buy LBP 2 because you can play the user created levels from LBP 1 and 2. But if you play LBP 1 all your stuff carries over to LBP2)

The Entire God of War Series (you can buy God of War Saga which comes with GOW,GOW2,GOW3, GOW Chains of Olympus, and GOW Ghost of Sparta. And then buy GOW Ascension Sby it's self

The Entire Metal Gear Solid Series (MGS:5 ground Zeros comes out 3/18, I'm buying it for PS4 though, and you can buy the entire collection all at once)

^^ These are the best PS3 exclusives in my opinion and I would Easily put them on my list of best games of all time (as well as The Last of Us), I also recommend...

Beyond Two Souls
Infamous , and Infamous 2 (I'm currently playing Infamous 2 right now, and I'll be buying Infamous Second Son on PS4 on 3/21 :) )

I threw a lot of games at you, but I think they are all great games and I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were good. I own a LOT of games, and these ones are the best. You can defiantly get all of these pretty cheap because they are all older games.

Also, the Uncharted Series is really good, I only played the first one, but Uncharted 2 and 3 didn't get all the praise for nothing...

Buy a ps3 for Only the Last of us? YES! but then play these other great games. :)

Get Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition too, I found it more entertaining and all around better than The Last of Us, I think TLoU was just overhyped because PewDiePie said it was good.

Maybe wait a little Sony may release this games to download in PS4?

This won't happen often, if at all. Their focus is on their streaming service, as offering a PS4-compatible version for download would require a fully-fledged port of the game which is entirely uneconomical and would require a separate purchase by consumers.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The best game series on playstation 3 is hyperdimension neptunia and atelier

Maybe wait a little Sony may release this games to download in PS4?

It'll be a while they will need to port it

It is so worth it. and then buy the Left Behind DLC.

So many feels...

The Syndicate

Yes. Most anything that Naughty Dog releases is worth it. Also try out the Uncharted trilogy, and perhaps Ratchet & Clank if you like platformers

CPU: i7-3820 | Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 | Mobo: Asus Sabretooth X79Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Storage: Crucial M500 240GB & 480GB SSD + Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1 TB |

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780ti Superclocked | PSU: 1000W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 | Monitors: 3 x AOC i2367Fh 23.0"

All hail the mighty Flying Spaghetti Monster. May he touch you with his noodely appendages

SO, i'm thinking of getting a PS3 just for the last of us.

Is the game worth getting?

I bought my PS3 to catch up on a missed generation, MGS, Uncharted etc. and The Last of Us was incredible if I was a console gamer Naughty Dog won me over to the PS4. It's definately worth getting just for the last of us, and the online is free too.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

top 5 best game i played since 1996

buy journey too (activate MP in start or select menu)

you might be influenced by its beauty and game play

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

• 2 weeks later...

buy Playstation Plus and get free games every month for a year. Makes that PS3 purchase a little more worthwhile when Last of Us is over. 

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher

• 2 weeks later...

in my opinion one of the best games of all time get it on PS4

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65