Intel - "Talk to the Product Manager" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

So what is this?

This is a very rare opportunity to do a LIVE Q&A session with one of the product managers who worked on the 730 series enthusiast grade SSD from Intel. He and I have connected already briefly and aside from trade secrets, you guys are welcome to ask any questions you want about the product, the development cycle, and what it's like behind the scenes working on an important product like this at Intel!

Jeff Fick, SSD engineer for Intel will be joining us for a Q&A and suggestion session on March 17th, 2014 at 11am Pacific time

Click here to find out what time it is in your time zone

This will be a great opportunity to talk about your ideas, ask questions, and give feedback on this exciting new product. 

Not only that, but we'll be giving away TWO Intel 730 series SSDs on the show... Because Intel is sending me the SSDs and putting me in charge of shipping the prizes, the giveaway will be INTERNATIONAL.

It will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/linustech, and the giveaway we're running is for LIVE VIEWERS ONLY.

The main topic of the stream is basically up to you guys and I'd love to see you post your ideas in this thread ahead of time so we can figure out how to structure this to make it as entertaining and educational as possible!

I want this to be a lot of fun and super interactive, so please post your ideas in this forum thread. I will definitely be taking more suggestions during the show as well, but it's great to have a starting point.. Folks who post in the thread versus trying to get their questions featured live *will* have a bit of an advantage!

How do I win the swag?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

1. Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream

2. Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser

3. Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

Ohhh hohohohoh.... YES

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Down thing is tomorrow is monday, and pacific time is like 12 hours different than me... and tests on monday. bye bye for the ssd...

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

It would be ironic and hilarious if I won an SSD.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

That's 3 AM on our time, and I have school that day. Why do bad things happen to me...

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I have the next week off, lucky me. I will defineatly tune in if I'm not boating

2. Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser

What if I have access to a browser but the computer that browser is on isn't connected to the internet?

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

This is an excellent SSD (and looks great imo) and wonder what was the fastest stable speed they have achieved on this 730 SSD. :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I think I'll be "sick" that day...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Gosh darnit Linus! I have school to attend, that's during my lunch period though so I may be able to watch on my phone!

Are the teams who work on products like this able to exert any pressures on other teams working on co-products at Intel? For instance teams that are working on SATAe? I can only imagine your team is passionate about its product and already super excited to take this to the next level...?

nice

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

6 am.... well, it looks like I'm playing Diablo until then

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I'm "almost" tempted to ditch for those, but, I ALREADY HAVE ONE!!!!! woot for awsome ssd.

also time and date link is to Cooler Master Live Discussion & Q&A

also time and date link is to Cooler Master Live Discussion & Q&A

fixed thanks.

oh man here we go

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."