* * * * * 3 votes

What smart phone do you use

• Please log in to reply
551 replies to this topic

#541 Borkpaladin

Borkpaladin

• 51 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:17 AM

Dat Huawei Y300, only became usable once I flashed cyanogen mod onto it.

Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad! Login or Create an Account to get rid of this ad!

#542 Opcode

Opcode

Veteran

• 1,188 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

Lumia 520, upgrading to a second generation Moto G when I get the money.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, except for ::1

Reverser | Hardware Enthusiast | Programmer

Main Rig

#543 captainlolz7

captainlolz7

Resolution is just a number.

• 1,656 posts
  • LocationSingapore where dem computer prices are inflated as hell

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:05 AM

I use a LG G3, came from a Galaxy S2 with CM11

http://linustechtips...our-smarthpone/

PC:

Phones, Wearables & Tablet: 

[Planned Build][My Build Planning Thread][*Parts Going to be changed to(Need advice!)]["Unofficial" Pebble Owner's Thread!][LG G3 Review]

#544 Techteen14

Techteen14

• 57 posts
  • LocationRoughly Baltimore, MD

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

iPhone 4, the iPhone 6 is a blown up 5S and the 6+ doesn't do anything with that larger screen (effectively making it a even more blown up iPhone 5S) so I'll save for an unlocked Galaxy Note 4 (coughprofilepiccouch), as it has real multitasking (16 apps at a time? What the-), a stylus and a metal frame/slightly less cheezy faux leather back, which I MO now succeeds at looking executive (Best Buy has it in person, it feels really good. The leather and the metal are a huge step up from the Note 3). Still wish it was real leather like the Moto X (2014), but whatever. But I'm REALLY excited about trying Android

I also want to trade in my iPad 3 for the new Note tablet based on the Note 4 (Note 10.1 2015 Editon?), and I'll probably pick up a Moto 360 too, if this Christmas is especially lucrative. :P

I type too fast for the stock iOS 8 keyboard. There will be typos.
Official Grammar Nazi.

#545 Rhino2112000

Rhino2112000

• 223 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have had an iPhone 5 since Christmas of 2012 and I upgrade this Christmas and I cant wait. What should I get? I am terrible at making decisions based on electronics

apple.com

#546 Rhino2112000

Rhino2112000

• 223 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

iPhone 4, the iPhone 6 is a blown up 5S and the 6+ doesn't do anything with that larger screen (effectively making it a even more blown up iPhone 5S) so I'll save for an unlocked Galaxy Note 4 (coughprofilepiccouch), as it has real multitasking (16 apps at a time? What the-), a stylus and a metal frame/slightly less cheezy faux leather back, which I MO now succeeds at looking executive (Best Buy has it in person, it feels really good. The leather and the metal are a huge step up from the Note 3). Still wish it was real leather like the Moto X (2014), but whatever. But I'm REALLY excited about trying Android

I also want to trade in my iPad 3 for the new Note tablet based on the Note 4 (Note 10.1 2015 Editon?), and I'll probably pick up a Moto 360 too, if this Christmas is especially lucrative. :P

why unlocked galaxy note 3? its more expensive than the normal one on contract and it might not have LTE if you buy the international version?

apple.com

#547 Techteen14

Techteen14

• 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

why unlocked galaxy note 3? its more expensive than the normal one on contract and it might not have LTE if you buy the international version?

My bad, I meant "off-contract".

The Note 4 on contract is $299 + $40/mo access fees for 24 months= $1,259.99, not counting data
Off contract is $825.99 + $15/mo access fees for however long you feel like keeping your phone (in this case, I'll go for 24 months for the sake of comparing apples to apples)= $1,185.99.

Plus, if I decide I don't want the Note (fat chance), or I decide to switch carriers, or I break it (I don't use cases) I don't have to pay early cancellation fees, I can just buy a cheap(er) phone like the Moto G or Nexus 6(?).

Official Grammar Nazi.

#548 Pugs501

Pugs501

The Gif Master.

• 1,267 posts
  • LocationWithin 10 feet of you

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

To use the internet

When I ask for your specs.

USE PCPARTPICKER, AND I MEAN IT DAMN IT!

#549 AMorassOfPixelz

AMorassOfPixelz

LTT's Unofficially Official Grammar Nazi

• 1,972 posts
  • LocationAt my MacBook

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

I use a 16GB white iPhone 4S, running the iOS 8.1 beta (which is so much smoother than 8.x.x).

I had a Moto G for a week, and returned it.

Other than that, I had an old Samsung S390G Tracfone a few years back.

-

My mom has a blue 5C, my dad has a black 5S, my brother has a gold 5S and my oldest brother has a white 5C.

Noah Budgor - persuant of organic foods, cats, and Game of Thrones. Notably the world's biggest Apple fanboy & LTT's resident homosexual.

#550 Techteen14

Techteen14

• 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

I use a 16GB white iPhone 4S, running the iOS 8.1 beta (which is so much smoother than 8.x.x).

I had a Moto G for a week, and returned it.

Other than that, I had an old Samsung S390G Tracfone a few years back.

-

My mom has a blue 5C, my dad has a black 5S, my brother has a gold 5S and my oldest brother has a white 5C.

Sounds like you're due for an upgrade!

*looks at your family's phones, looking for a pattern*

Are you going to get a 6 or 6+?

Official Grammar Nazi.

#551 AMorassOfPixelz

AMorassOfPixelz

LTT's Unofficially Official Grammar Nazi

• 1,972 posts
  • LocationAt my MacBook

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:15 AM

Sounds like you're due for an upgrade!

*looks at your family's phones, looking for a pattern*

Are you going to get a 6 or 6+?

HAH

Maybe when I have enough money. I saw the 6+ - it's fucking ridiculous! Even the 6 is huge for me, but the 6+ is a iPad Mini for god's sake.

Noah Budgor - persuant of organic foods, cats, and Game of Thrones. Notably the world's biggest Apple fanboy & LTT's resident homosexual.

#552 Techteen14

Techteen14

• 57 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

HAH

Maybe when I have enough money. I saw the 6+ - it's fucking ridiculous! Even the 6 is huge for me, but the 6+ is a iPad Mini for god's sake.

Hey, the 5S is cheaper now and definitely an upgrade over the 4S. :)

I've always liked big phones, and if I had to get an iPhone I'd get the 6+ in space gray, but that's just me. I've always liked bigger tablets too, so a bigger phone might not necessarily cannabalize my use of a tablet like it would if I had an iPad mini, or to a greater extent a Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire (especially the 6" Fire).

On the new iPhones in general, I REALLY don't like the inefficient, almost un-Apple-like use of bezels, which is why the 6 and Galaxy S5 are roughly the same body size, but the S5's screen is .4" bigger, and the Note 4's body is SMALLER than the 6+ (somewhat thanks to the ovular home button), but has a bigger screen. Apple could've really improved one-handed use if they moved the earpiece, sensors and camera at the top of the phone as close as possible to the screen, then lopped off the rest of the top. Kinda like what LG did with the G3.

I'm no hardware engineer, though, so I can't tell you how hard that'd be for Apple to do. But then again, is anything really hard when you have hundreds of billions of dollars? :P

Official Grammar Nazi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users