What smart phone do you use

lolmont

currently the 4s but will probably switch to iphone 6 5.5 version down the line unless note 4 blows me away.

I'm using unlocked Samsung Galaxy s duos. But after my contract end whit the carrier I'm going to switch to LMT (Latvia) whit a new nexus or galaxy note 3. (Its cheaper that way)

• 1 month later...

I have a Dumb phone.....

nokia E63 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Xperia play.

In few weeks its either Xperia T or LG G2 all depends on Xperia T being unlocked or not.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Lumia 520, upgrading to a second generation Moto G when I get the money.

I use a LG G3, came from a Galaxy S2 with CM11

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/223896-whats-your-smarthpone/

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

iPhone 4, the iPhone 6 is a blown up 5S and the 6+ doesn't do anything with that larger screen (effectively making it a even more blown up iPhone 5S) so I'll save for an unlocked Galaxy Note 4 (coughprofilepiccouch), as it has real multitasking (16 apps at a time? What the-), a stylus and a metal frame/slightly less cheezy faux leather back, which I MO now succeeds at looking executive (Best Buy has it in person, it feels really good. The leather and the metal are a huge step up from the Note 3). Still wish it was real leather like the Moto X (2014), but whatever. But I'm REALLY excited about trying Android

I also want to trade in my iPad 3 for the new Note tablet based on the Note 4 (Note 10.1 2015 Editon?), and I'll probably pick up a Moto 360 too, if this Christmas is especially lucrative. :P

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I have had an iPhone 5 since Christmas of 2012 and I upgrade this Christmas and I cant wait. What should I get? I am terrible at making decisions based on electronics

apple.com

iPhone 4, the iPhone 6 is a blown up 5S and the 6+ doesn't do anything with that larger screen (effectively making it a even more blown up iPhone 5S) so I'll save for an unlocked Galaxy Note 4 (coughprofilepiccouch), as it has real multitasking (16 apps at a time? What the-), a stylus and a metal frame/slightly less cheezy faux leather back, which I MO now succeeds at looking executive (Best Buy has it in person, it feels really good. The leather and the metal are a huge step up from the Note 3). Still wish it was real leather like the Moto X (2014), but whatever. But I'm REALLY excited about trying Android

I also want to trade in my iPad 3 for the new Note tablet based on the Note 4 (Note 10.1 2015 Editon?), and I'll probably pick up a Moto 360 too, if this Christmas is especially lucrative. :P

why unlocked galaxy note 3? its more expensive than the normal one on contract and it might not have LTE if you buy the international version?

apple.com

why unlocked galaxy note 3? its more expensive than the normal one on contract and it might not have LTE if you buy the international version?

My bad, I meant "off-contract".

The Note 4 on contract is $299 + $40/mo access fees for 24 months= $1,259.99, not counting data

Off contract is $825.99 + $15/mo access fees for however long you feel like keeping your phone (in this case, I'll go for 24 months for the sake of comparing apples to apples)= $1,185.99.

Plus, if I decide I don't want the Note (fat chance), or I decide to switch carriers, or I break it (I don't use cases) I don't have to pay early cancellation fees, I can just buy a cheap(er) phone like the Moto G or Nexus 6(?).

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I use a 16GB white iPhone 4S, running the iOS 8.1 beta (which is so much smoother than 8.x.x).

I had a Moto G for a week, and returned it.

Other than that, I had an old Samsung S390G Tracfone a few years back.

-

My mom has a blue 5C, my dad has a black 5S, my brother has a gold 5S and my oldest brother has a white 5C.

I use a 16GB white iPhone 4S, running the iOS 8.1 beta (which is so much smoother than 8.x.x).

I had a Moto G for a week, and returned it.

Other than that, I had an old Samsung S390G Tracfone a few years back.

-

My mom has a blue 5C, my dad has a black 5S, my brother has a gold 5S and my oldest brother has a white 5C.

Sounds like you're due for an upgrade!

*looks at your family's phones, looking for a pattern*

Are you going to get a 6 or 6+?

Sounds like you're due for an upgrade!

*looks at your family's phones, looking for a pattern*

Are you going to get a 6 or 6+?

HAH

Maybe when I have enough money. I saw the 6+ - it's fucking ridiculous! Even the 6 is huge for me, but the 6+ is a iPad Mini for god's sake.

HAH

Maybe when I have enough money. I saw the 6+ - it's fucking ridiculous! Even the 6 is huge for me, but the 6+ is a iPad Mini for god's sake.

Hey, the 5S is cheaper now and definitely an upgrade over the 4S. :)

I've always liked big phones, and if I had to get an iPhone I'd get the 6+ in space gray, but that's just me. I've always liked bigger tablets too, so a bigger phone might not necessarily cannabalize my use of a tablet like it would if I had an iPad mini, or to a greater extent a Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire (especially the 6" Fire).

On the new iPhones in general, I REALLY don't like the inefficient, almost un-Apple-like use of bezels, which is why the 6 and Galaxy S5 are roughly the same body size, but the S5's screen is .4" bigger, and the Note 4's body is SMALLER than the 6+ (somewhat thanks to the ovular home button), but has a bigger screen. Apple could've really improved one-handed use if they moved the earpiece, sensors and camera at the top of the phone as close as possible to the screen, then lopped off the rest of the top. Kinda like what LG did with the G3.

I'm no hardware engineer, though, so I can't tell you how hard that'd be for Apple to do. But then again, is anything really hard when you have hundreds of billions of dollars? :P