Why is/was Prison Break so underrated?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

breaking bad is far superior to prison break . there are a lot of series way better than PB. i don`t like it for example

Then that's opinion too. I find PB first 2 seasons far superior.

I mean, the plot is good, the acting is solid, the themes throughout the show are very well done, and more things can be said.

It's just astounding that Breaking Bad gets so much praise but Prison Break doesn't for example.

I like it more than Breaking Bad to be honest, both are good however. Also I haven't finished PB yet, so we will see. At least the 2 first seasons were better imo. Also I guess the lack of social media at the time of PB could have contributed to it not being so well known/praised.

i hated the ending even though everyone knew how it was gonna end.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

breaking bad is far superior to prison break . there are a lot of series way better than PB. i don`t like it for example

Because it's about opinion.

For example, Prison Break season 1 was very overrated in my opinion. Even though it was entertaining, it got boring real fast after S1.

Breaking Bad just seems to connect with people more, while still being a better fantasy

Then that's opinion too. I find PB first 2 seasons far superior.

I mean, the plot is good, the acting is solid, the themes throughout the show are very well done, and more things can be said.

It's just astounding that Breaking Bad gets so much praise but Prison Break doesn't for example.

I like it more than Breaking Bad to be honest, both are good however. Also I haven't finished PB yet, so we will see. At least the 2 first seasons were better imo. Also I guess the lack of social media at the time of PB could have contributed to it not being so well known/praised.

Prison break was amazing! Everyone I know who's watched it loved it. I don't particularly like breaking bad to be honest, people seem to like it just because everyone else does-I finished season 3 and couldn't force myself to go any further. If you like prison break, I really recommend person of interest I love that show :)

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

Prison break was amazing! Everyone I know who's watched it loved it. I don't particularly like breaking bad to be honest, people seem to like it just because everyone else does-I finished season 3 and couldn't force myself to go any further. If you like prison break, I really recommend person of interest I love that show :)

Yes, exactly. While BB is good, there is also a huge bandwagon fandom around it, instantly dismissing the rest of such series as inferior.

I wouldn't say that people only watch BB because it's popular. There are many redeeming qualities, it just seems like the massive popularity influx only came after Season 4.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

people seem to like it just because everyone else does

its about opinions. i mean,when i started watching BB,there was no fuss about it. at that time PB was praised.

Hard to say why Prison Break wasn't as critically acclaimed as Breaking Bad, although personally I enjoy Breaking Bad  a lot more. I don't know if I'd say BB's popularity was due to bandwagoning, it was a show with good writing and acting, while remaining pretty accessible to the average viewer.

But hey, if we're gonna throw out shows we think are way overrated, I'm gonna cast my vote for The Walking Dead. :P

I honestly don't get tv. Here is a list of shows I never watched a single episode of:

-Lost

-Breaking Bad

-Game of Thrones

-Prison Break

-The Sopranos

I could go on. I'm sure it's mostly me I'm very obsessive about Law & Order (except SVU) and the occasional comedy show like The Office or the IT Crowd but most of the time TV makes me sick, it's all equally bad to me.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I wouldn't say that people only watch BB because it's popular. There are many redeeming qualities, it just seems like the massive popularity influx only came after Season 4.

I'm not saying it doesn't have good aspects, just that most people seem to say it's a good show because it's now very popular. But yeah, it's all about opinions, I mean I never had any desire to go and watch the next episode once I finished another. I only ever seemed to watch it when there was nothing else on. What other, currently airing,  shows do you guys like? I'm pretty big on suits myself

i7 4770k  ¬ MSI Z87-M Gaming ¬ Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz ¬ R9 290x Crossfire ¬ Corsair 350D ¬ Corsair RM 1000

I honestly don't get tv. Here is a list of shows I never watched a single episode of:

-Lost

-Breaking Bad

-Game of Thrones

-Prison Break

-The Sopranos

I could go on. I'm sure it's mostly me I'm very obsessive about Law & Order (except SVU) and the occasional comedy show like The Office or the IT Crowd but most of the time TV makes me sick, it's all equally bad to me.

But why post in this thread if tv doesn't interest you?

-Lost

-Breaking Bad

-Game of Thrones

-Prison Break

-The Sopranos

I haven't even seen Game of Thrones or 24, but both seem very appealing. Lost on the other hand, I loved, it's just one of them shows that really clicked for me. 

But why post in this thread if tv doesn't interest you?

Just my 2 cents, as I mentioned there are some occasional shows that do interest me: Twin Peaks, Law & Order, House, etc. I just think that many shows that get overly serious and overly dramatic. Others on that lists are just behind the HBO paywall and I don't care enough to pirate them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Prison Break lost me just like Lost did. Although Lost deserved it much more(entire first season had a massive smoke monster boogie man who is then not heard from in 1½ season after that.....)

The first season was amazing, the rest went from decent to terrible very fast.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Because it actually isn't a good show, you were just made to think so..

But in all honesty arguing about whether a show is good or not isn't gonna get us very far anyway.

I don't really watch tv show anyway.. I watch family guy.. And I download anime, that's it..

Never watched any of the popular "HBO" shows

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

I couldn't stop cringing for the 3 or 4 episodes that I endured. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

It had a really good first season but got quickly convoluted in the fobes that followed. I did like how it ended though but it didn't make up for the bulk of the seasons

I couldn't stop cringing for the 3 or 4 episodes that I endured.

That's not justified at all to be honest. There was nothing inherently wrong.

That's not justified at all to be honest. There was nothing inherently wrong.

Sorry, it's the best show ever.

Happy now? 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Sorry, it's the best show ever.

Happy now? 

YES.

Because Scylla was stupid. The whole idea around Scylla was stupid.

I thought the first couple of seasons were good, but they ended up taking it too far.

Prison break's Season 1 was awesome, season 2 was kinda OK, the rest were mediocre. Like Lost. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!