Cooler Master Nepton 280L

Every detail and aspect of the video was enjoyed.

The progress of the video was more concise then usual, which is nice.

No negative change.

I can't point anything else to improve.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1csWRC3

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1sxc

Our performance review of the Cooler Master Nepton 280L is here. It's got a massive 280mm radiator and a white lighting effect on the CPU block.

http://youtu.be/-X4X0dCFx8o

your method of making videos is GREAT!!! Could use some more unboxings though...wink wink nudge nudge

Some one needs to start a thread and get it stickied that has all of them.

Nek minute. 

Actually, where would it go?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Hey Linus/Slick, something that was not spoken of in the video but i wanted to ask. Slick said that this was tested in the C70, but what i'm wondering is if you guys ditched your methodical about testing all in one coolers. There was no mention of using Noctua NF-F12s. So i wanted to know if the numbers you guys where posting was the stock fans or the NF-F12s.

Thanks!  

The intros are getting better.
I always preferred the intro, sponsor then into content, but i can see why you'd do it (teaser and draw in the new people) but the way you've been doing it recently is weird. You start with your standard intro, but cut after the first phrase or two. It works in narrative, but because of your naturally faster way of talking, it cut immediately into intro music sound wise, then into sponsor, then back to content. Very rushed from an audio perspective. I liked this one a lot more, where it was actually scripted as an intro, and left appropriate pauses to allow audiences to catch their breath. I don't mind other methods of intro, but please don't overwhelm us with information and sound right at the start =)

also the editing within benchmarks was nice. The line across made it A LOT clearer to see the difference between stuff, and the difference between tests. Good job on that! =)

Reason they used alum radiator is because they want to make room for a Glacier 280L AIO with Copper Brass Radiator.. this is obvious with a brass copper radiator i expect it to drop firmly below H100i etc etc

Z4XWSKc.jpg

Confirmed?

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone tried to mount this cooler to a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2? Fractal's website say that it can fit a 240mm rad on top but doesn't say anything about a 280mm rad. Upon "visual" inspection of my case, it seems that the dual 140mm fan mounts on top could support a 280mm rad. It's also off-set away a bit from the motherboard tray, which is good (right?), so I don't understand why Fractal did not officially support a 280mm rad for this case.

I looked around the internet for a while and found this forum post:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1498313/cutting-an-exhaust-hole-in-my-arc-midi-r2/20#post_22720157

But I'm still not sure. I don't want to end up modding my case. It's my first attempt for water cooling, so go easy on me.  ;)

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I really hate the corrugated tubing look. For me it kills the deal.

I really hate the corrugated tubing look. For me it kills the deal.

Even if it's better?

I see your point but for a prebuilt LCLC I prefer to lose 1-2C to get more flexible tubing.

The Nepton 280L is great, but they tend to have a bit of pump-noise.. nothing I didn't fix with a Noctua NA-RC7 (50 Ω low noise adapter).

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

Linus, will the Nepton 280L fit into a CoolerMaster HAF X case? I do not want to change two cases and motherboards (P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3)  as I have them already configured to run 80TB of Western Digital Disc space with boots on SSD Crucial 512MB with dual screens on one computer and the other a dedicated digital two-way satellite communications. I need to change processor cooler fans for a better liquid cooler that is reliable even on tick over with just the  OS Windows 7 Pro and satellite tracking program on one and CCTV Blue Iris running on the other (PS I hate Windows 8/9/10 and Vista BTW, lol) Any advice please?

The Nepton 280L is great, but they tend to have a bit of pump-noise.. nothing I didn't fix with a Noctua NA-RC7 (50 Ω low noise adapter).

I fully agree.