The HID Liberator

TheProfosist

That's really cool tbh, would be a fun project to do :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nice work. Since he wanted Blues did you put lighter springs in the Greens?

No that would defeat the point of the greens. He wanted Blues because of the clicky. I assume he said blues as they are the most common and assumed I had some. Once he found out I had greens he wanted the pertaining he could afford the price increase.

No that would defeat the point of the greens. He wanted Blues because of the clicky. I assume he said blues as they are the most common and assumed I had some. Once he found out I had greens he wanted the pertaining he could afford the price increase.

Got ya. He likes Greens also.     I was just saying if he asked for Blues you could have just put 62g Korean springs in the Greens.  I was going to do that actually because I wanted the Green stems with the feel of blues.

Oh my  :wub:

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Got ya. He likes Greens also. I was just saying if he asked for Blues you could have just put 62g Korean springs in the Greens. I was going to do that actually because I wanted the Green stems with the feel of blues.

Yes he actually prefers the heavier ones. 62g korean are a bit heavier than a blues but are my favorite with clears, especially the gold ones.

Yes he actually prefers the heavier ones. 62g korean are a bit heavier than a blues but are my favorite with clears, especially the gold ones.

Yeah mine too.  My daily drivers at the moment are a Ninja with 62g blues with clear springs in the spacebar and lock keys,  and a QFR with 62g clears.

Mind if I ask, is there an advantage to building a keyboard?

The satisfaction.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

Yeah mine too.  My daily drivers at the moment are a Ninja with 62g blues with clear springs in the spacebar and lock keys,  and a QFR with 62g clears.

I wish I had more gold 62g springs. :(

The satisfaction.

Damn straight!

where do you find this stuff,  the parts etc to do something like this?  I saw some youtubes of some guy building keyboards a while back and its been in the back of my mind but no clue where to find the parts.  

First time I see one of these keyboard build logs here on LTT, I'm used to see these all the time on Geekhack.

Anyways, great work man.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

where do you find this stuff, the parts etc to do something like this? I saw some youtubes of some guy building keyboards a while back and its been in the back of my mind but no clue where to find the parts.

Which stuff because there is no one place to get all of this.

Which stuff because there is no one place to get all of this.

Well I have seen a bunch of places to get switches and keycaps but the PCB,  the plate and the cases? 

Well I have seen a bunch of places to get switches and keycaps but the PCB,  the plate and the cases?

PCB and plate are from a used Filco. But other PCBs from random keyboards are available all over. I will actually be selling some soon hopefully. I thought I mentioned the case is a Vortex one for Filco TKL and i believe they are available now on mechanicalkeyboards.com .

If you don't mind me asking... Where did you get the green switches? Were they from a group buy like 7bit's or a site? I used blacks when i made my keyboard but i think i want to try greens at some point when i make a new one.

If you don't mind me asking... Where did you get the green switches? Were they from a group buy like 7bit's or a site? I used blacks when i made my keyboard but i think i want to try greens at some point when i make a new one.

From a group buy quite some time ago. There might be a few places that sell them though take a look at the sites for WASD Keyboards, Mechanical Keyboards, and Originitive.

Gosh darn it I was going to do this exact same thing with a leopold keyboard (filco clone :P)! However I have had trouble accumulating the funds to buy some new switches. Great job though!

Also this is to you or to anyone. But in the US there is a distributor called DigiKey that you can buy cherryMX switches for cheaper than WASD keyboards or any of the other people. However it takes forever to ship considering most of the people buying from them are buying them by the boxload(~250 if I am not mistaken).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Gosh darn it I was going to do this exact same thing with a leopold keyboard (filco clone :P)! However I have had trouble accumulating the funds to buy some new switches. Great job though!

Also this is to you or to anyone. But in the US there is a distributor called DigiKey that you can buy cherryMX switches for cheaper than WASD keyboards or any of the other people. However it takes forever to ship considering most of the people buying from them are buying them by the boxload(~250 if I am not mistaken).

My friend was going to do it to his leopold but there are far fewer things yo can do to a leopold compared to a filco. I actually think that the leopold has a batter design after taking both apart.

Mouser should also have switches if yo want to look at places like that.

This is awesome! Great work :)

Are there PCBs that have the numberpad instead of arrow keys in the compact format?

2600k@4.5GHz ~ H100 ~ Asus P8Z68V-pro gen3 ~ Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600 ~ Sapphire VaporX 7950 ~ Gigabyte DCU 5770 ~ Kingston 128GB HyperX ~ WD black 2TBx2 ~ WD red 4TB ~ Hauppauge HVR2200 ~ Asus BR drive ~ RAT7 ~ Unicomp model-M

@[member=TheprofosistHow much to make me one? :S You should sell one one here, Linus edition. 

This is awesome! Great work :)

Are there PCBs that have the numberpad instead of arrow keys in the compact format?

yes

@

'] How much to make me one? :S You should sell one one here, Linus edition.

if your really interested send me a PM

• 5 weeks later...

Damn that's nice!

I always want to learn things, yet I don't have enough time to learn everything :P

Anyways, good job!

c60BFvr.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

• 4 weeks later...

Your work is beautiful mate. Kudos to you for doing this for your friend. I hope he paid you heftily. And if not, I hope you at least enjoyed the process.

I've never even thought about doing this...

But, this thread really makes me want to create my own keyboard...

.. But where would I start?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Your work is beautiful mate. Kudos to you for doing this for your friend. I hope he paid you heftily. And if not, I hope you at least enjoyed the process.

I've never even thought about doing this...

But, this thread really makes me want to create my own keyboard...

.. But where would I start?

I was compensated which included a partial exchange. I enjoy the process every time as its one of my favorite hobbies. I have built quite a few boards for people when im not working on one for myself.

I dont think many people on this forum would as they have only recently switched from rubber domes and ever if they havnt they dont know how the board is put together.

As for where to start, I could help you but if you want to do it all your self your going to have to do your research. I suggest heading over to GeekHack.org and Deskthority.net and do some lurking.