Sennheiser HD8 DJ Video Thread

pretty cool.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I said so on youtube, but unless that comment gets buried that SPL number on Sennheiser's website is actually the rated efficiency. Looking at that and the impedance and the load rating then after shuffling around some math they actually have a maximum volume of 132dB.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

I'd consider them for my next headphones but the price tag is enormous. I guess we'll also have to wait for some in depth comparisons between those and the HD7 and HD6.

who cares...

I'll stick with my m50s for now but they look great for a later time.

what bout gaming :D? how good is it:3?

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

great stuff with great price :ph34r:

Seem verry nice but I think I still would stay with my grado sr80i.

@mr moose - You been hands on with them?

If the 20 second video->30 second ad->rest of video fad goes on I'm going to unsubscribe. I understand you guys need money and your ads need exposure, but this is a little bit ridiculous, almost like TV ridiculous. You asked us to disable adblock, so I did, but now my attention has to be divided between the content I enjoy, youtube ads, ads in the beginning and sometims even ads at the end. Yes, I know I can skip them, but I bet I'm not the only annoyed person by them. For a 5 minute video, I have to either spend a minute skipping and closing ads, or I can spend 3 or more minutes watching them. They're not even relevant for my zone.

I want. But ill just stick with my crossfade Lp's for now untill I have money for a worth while upgrade.

UNfortunatly my parents thing spending 100$+ on headphones is a waste and they wont let me

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I WANT, even though I have enough, my mom won't let me. I will probably wait until I can have like $200-$300 left just in case

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Holy balls batman they're actually cheaper in the UK? £200 over here if you look around.

Onto the headphones themselves, I think it is worth noting that closed headphones are not such an amazing experience for people who wear glasses. The frame prevents the ear from being completely isolated allowing interference and the added clamping force on the frame can make them uncomfortable.

If money wasn't an object I suppose. See I'd love a pair of the new Sennheiser gaming headphones, but again, money is an object. That being said Sennheiser seem to, at least in my experience, be relatively competitive at most price points. I'd have no issue buying these blindly without testing them, again, if money wasn't an issue

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

For my brother who is a DJ. Yes this would be an amazing headphone. Maybe a little bit to pricey for him, but I could see him get this..

opinion on the Audio Technica ATH M50x?

Not sure about the 50x but I think he will do a review sometime about the M50's. Just be patient! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

opinion on the Audio Technica ATH M50x?

Not sure about the 50x but I think he will do a review sometime about the M50's. Just be patient! 

I personally own the M50 (and is very familiar with it) and have auditioned the M50x. To sum it up versus the M50:

Pros:

-Removable cable.

-Softer foam (more comfortable).

Cons:

-Too much bass (the most important aspect of a headphone is a con in this case), everything else sounds exactly the same, just too much bass.

Not worth it when you consider that the most important aspect is a con.

On topic, Linus, for that kind of money, you should try out the Focal Spirit Professional and Spirit Classic and do a comparison with the HD8 DJ.

Actually some headphones that looks good and sound good at the same time? I want these in my life.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I'm expecting the price tag to drop relatively quickly. About a month after I bought my Momentums Sennheiser dropped the price almost $100 from their $350 msrp. I'm saving my pennies for this one, $250 saved not much more to go.