Logitech G700s Unboxing

Honestly this could be the one. Great ergonomics. Wireless (or wired) and legendary Logitech build quality. I've used a couple of Logitech mice over the years, most notably my MX Duo (still working to this day in my parents' media PC), my G7 (switched from it when I went above 1080p for my monitor), and my G9 (awesome mouse. Used it at work every day for a couple years - still use it as my backup that I carry in my backpack). 

So I have a fondness for that "classic" logitech shape that we've seen in so many products like the G5 and G500, but I actually think the shape of the G700 was an improvement as long as your hand fits it well, and the G700s continues with this shape.

I love my Ikari Laser but I also yearn for more buttons sometimes. I tried the G600, but mine is an early unit that suffers from noticeable latency in spite of the high DPI so it didn't really do it for me. The G700 adds a ton of buttons in places that can actually be accessed in an ergonomic fashion, and doesn't appear to have the same latency issues that plagued my G600...

Logitech's gaming software is second to none, which is one of the best things about their peripheral products. I can recommend them with confidence even to people who I don't think are capable of fighting with a piece of software to get their darn webcam to work, and their warranty is legendary (twice I've RMAed thing only to have them tell me "Don't worry about it. We'll just ship you a new one")

The flexible scroll wheel (either free spin or normal mode) is AWESOME for productivity. I show this in detail in the video, and Logitech's claim that they're using much better surface materials on the mouse is intriguing though it's not something that I can verify one way or the other right now... I just hope it doesn't end up like my G9 where it basically looks like it has leprosy.

My first complaint about it is that the quality of the wired cord could be better. It's a little stiff and not braided, but I guess they really don't expect you to use the mouse with it attached...

But that's about it... Will be switching to the G700 and I'll see how it goes...

G700s or Razer Mamba? Which would you recommend? I want a wireless mouse but after having the G600 for some time I don't seem to be able to adjust to any other mouse.

Edit: I have the old Deathadder and a Logitech G600 which I'm using.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I love the Miniox Naos mouse ergnomics.  Almost every other mouse makes you awkwardly position your ring finger to get a good feel on the mouse.

I would go for the deathadder. Extra buttons arent really neededfor fps games, and even with mmorpgs you should learn the key bindings to become more proficient with your keyboard. 

CPU: 5950x @ 4.5ghz All core OC perm GPU: GTX 3090 RAM: 128gb DDR4 

I use the old G700. Great mouse, decent battery life, but with the charging cable also doing data, use is seamless.  Although the upgrade to the new model isn't worth it for me, the new grip and sensor seems interesting

I love this mouse, it is great for gaming for a wireless mouse :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Other - Please specify

Didn't allow me to specify, I assume this refers to posting your 'other' choice?

Razer 3.5G DeathAdder.

Intel 3960X @ 4.6GHz Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD64GX3M8A2133C9 64GB | ASUS Rampage IV Extreme | 2*ASUS PG279Q EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X | 2*Corsair Force GT 256GB in R0 [OS Drive] | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB [secondary Drive] Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 Raid 6 [8*4TB — Media Array] | PAN-UJ-235A Blu-Ray Slot Load | PAN-UJ-875A DVD Slot Load | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair H100i | Lian-Li PC-V2120X | LSI 9271-8i w/ Intel RES2SV240 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit | Ducky Shine II [Cherry MX Brown / Blue LED]

If I was in the market for gaming mice I would pick the Sensei. Metal finish..clean look and afaik excellent build quality.

Although Logitech never failed me their products always feel flimsy and cheap. And not that it matters(for me it does) the G700s looks hideous with those white drawings on top of it.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

I have owned the original g700 for about 3 years now. I'm actually on my second one, the first had an issue where it wouldn't connect wirelessly. As Linus said, their CS was amazing. I got a brand new one in a little over a week.

I really wanted a wireless gaming mouse but battery wise I don't want to deal with. Instead, I bought a Razer Naga 2012 ! (Yeah yeah it's non hex :p)

On first use I THOUGHT i was having the same deadly cursor jump issues everyone spoke of. But then I found a connection with that and my subwoofer. It was in tune with my music as it jumps on every beat -.- ..

Solution: moved my subwoofer unit to the carpet and my cursor never jumped again! Now I'm a happy customer.

2 months with the mouse now and it's still working fine as Day 1.

I have a G700 for one and a half year now. Can't think of switching to something else at the moment.

i'm surprised that there wasn't a Logitech G9/G9x option in the poll!

i personally use the G9x at home, but i always carry my G500 - can't decided which i like more

CPU: Intel i7-3770k (@4.4Ghz) Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence SSD:120GB Samsung EVO & 128GB Crucial M4 (Fast Storage) Storage: Hitach 3TB HDD GPU: Powercolor R9 290 PCS+ CPU Block: EK Supremacy Gold Clean CSQ Radiatiors: Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper XT45 120mm, ST30 280mm & XT45 280mm w/ 140mm Phanteks PWM PSU: Corsair HX-650w Gold Soundcard: Asus Xense Case: Corsair Carbide A540 (Black & Gold) Front Panel: NZXT Hue & BitFenix Hydra Pro Speakers: Swan M200MKIII HeadsetSennheiser PC350 (Xense Edition)

I own a Logitech g600 and absolutely love it. never have any latency problems or any problems at all

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

Others; Deathadder Black

I absolutely love my Corsair Vengeance M90. It feels great, looks good, and has lots of macros. My favorite thing about it is how sensitive it is! I can move all the way across my three monitors with only an inch and a half of mouse movement!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

i'm surprised that there wasn't a Logitech G9/G9x option in the poll!

i personally use the G9x at home, but i always carry my G500 - can't decided which i like more

G9X is discontinued :(

I use a regular naga. 

G9X is discontinued :(

So that's why I couldn't find one... Oh well, got one BNIB off ebay a month ago!

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I have a NAOS 5000 and I love the ergonomics of the hole Mionix NAOS line.

If I was to buy a mouse today it would be the Razer Ouroboros.

Havent used one yet but boy do they look sexy.  The amount of customization is amazing.

Even thou I dont need to upgrade, I will most likely pick one up very soon.

G700 owner for several months now. Always liked the feel, shape and weight of my old Logitech wireless (damn thing is so old that the data sticker is faded and i cant tell what model it was, yay google! Its an MX700) and really wanted a good wireless gaming mouse to replace it, as well as the Microsoft Optical 3000 i used while the MX700 was charging. The G700 with its play and charge negates the need for 2 mice, and i get just enough buttons to make it a functional addition to my gaming rig without being too overly complicated. (Too many buttons=Death because i couldnt remember which button does what) Ive recommended this mouse to a few friends, and they also like it, but will wait till it goes on special.

Corsair M95 for sure. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2