I'd like to see Linus Review OS X......

Errors are user initiated, an error free environment is created by you. If you do not know what you're doing you will recieve errors on either platform. They are both well built, On Windows I've had zero problems in the past 14 years. In my college courses I took the Macs crashed like no tomorrow. It's all about the user.

I can fully say that windows is more 'error prone'. My mom's laptop is a pain in the ass. All she does is browse the internet, but some explorer.exe error during shutdown, frequently disconnecting from WiFi, crashes, etc. There isn't much programs installed and the HP laptop does have decent specs like i5 and 6GB RAM. My dad has been using Mac for a long time and his only complains are that MS Office isnt as feature rich as found in Windows, otherwise he finds Mac much more stable and reliable

I can fully say that windows is more 'error prone'. My mom's laptop is a pain in the ass. All she does is browse the internet, but some explorer.exe error during shutdown, frequently disconnecting from WiFi, crashes, etc. There isn't much programs installed and the HP laptop does have decent specs like i5 and 6GB RAM. My dad has been using Mac for a long time and his only complains are that MS Office isnt as feature rich as found in Windows, otherwise he finds Mac much more stable and reliable

Again it's the user experience, just because your dads Mac is reliable and stable and your moms PC is not does not define the entirety of both brands. Thousand upon thousands of people who use either brand have error free experiences. The point being neither is superior and you should only use what you like to use. As food for thought though, as it stands for mobile devices as of right now there's pretty much just 2 choices, iOS or Andrioid. iOS is much simpler and easy to understand whereas Android has more features customization and is better in the price to performance aspect. However Android is much more susceptible to user error due to the ability to do much more. This does NOT transfer to the desktop devices but is a good comparison of what their highlights are. Mac is simple and doesn't require you to know anything in order to not screw anything up. Windows allows more freedom (ironically even though OSX is technically more open-source than Windows) but is easier for a newb to screw up. If you want the ultimate blend of simplicity and freedom you can use Ubuntu (very good Linux distro) however you don't have the same software support as the other two which is the only issue so far. From a software stand point, Windows and Mac have pretty much the same programs and any program that is on Mac and Windows function exactly the same (Adobe products) with only slight variations. In the end people will choose what they like and want, do not tell people what is better and what they should use. Show them both options and let them decide for themselves. You are acting like Apple's marketing team, they aren't paying you to praise their products like their the greatest thing since sliced bread. So state you like it explain why you do and have a civil discussion. That is all.

Again it's the user experience, just because your dads Mac is reliable and stable and your moms PC is not does not define the entirety of both brands. Thousand upon thousands of people who use either brand have error free experiences. The point being neither is superior and you should only use what you like to use. As food for thought though, as it stands for mobile devices as of right now there's pretty much just 2 choices, iOS or Andrioid. iOS is much simpler and easy to understand whereas Android has more features customization and is better in the price to performance aspect. However Android is much more susceptible to user error due to the ability to do much more. This does NOT transfer to the desktop devices but is a good comparison of what their highlights are. Mac is simple and doesn't require you to know anything in order to not screw anything up. Windows allows more freedom (ironically even though OSX is technically more open-source than Windows) but is easier for a newb to screw up. If you want the ultimate blend of simplicity and freedom you can use Ubuntu (very good Linux distro) however you don't have the same software support as the other two which is the only issue so far. From a software stand point, Windows and Mac have pretty much the same programs and any program that is on Mac and Windows function exactly the same (Adobe products) with only slight variations. In the end people will choose what they like and want, do not tell people what is better and what they should use. Show them both options and let them decide for themselves. You are acting like Apple's marketing team, they aren't paying you to praise their products like their the greatest thing since sliced bread. So state you like it explain why you do and have a civil discussion. That is all.

Ok, I understand what you mean, but did you read the previous comments made by other people. One guy claimed that he never used Mac and called it a terrible mess and hassle to use, which by more than 99% of Mac users it's quite the opposite. There are so many sworn Apple haters that when they hear or see Apple they get uncomfortable, insecure and they come onto you like a wild tiger if you say anything good about them

on a windows machine it's really easy to find your way around the file system and you can get really deep into system setting within a second and from using IOS devices I know how Apple hates it when people try to do things like that

And the most ignorant post of the day award goes to...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

And the most ignorant post of the day award goes to...

dude, I wasn't being ignorant, I used hackintosh for a while and I felt like it was similar to how windows 8 was much simpler to use, but then harder to find things on

Strangely I would actually like to see Linus (or a similarly good reviewer) do a review of OSX. I have never used OSX, and I don't really plan on using it, but I figure there must be some reason that its so popular (aside from the so loved "people have more money than sense" argument). I want a review from someone who will give an honest opinion of the OS itself, rather than a review from someone who is already heavily using OSX. A friend of mine grew up with OSX, so of course he would think that "all PCs are crap". I think Linus is a good candidate for this because although he is somewhat bias towards PCs he seems to be very good at giving things a chance, even if he is skeptical. Hate this if you want, but what I want to see is someones genuine opinion after having used OSX, as opposed to the mud slinging that we get most of the time.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Ok, I understand what you mean, but did you read the previous comments made by other people. One guy claimed that he never used Mac and called it a terrible mess and hassle to use, which by more than 99% of Mac users it's quite the opposite. There are so many sworn Apple haters that when they hear or see Apple they get uncomfortable, insecure and they come onto you like a wild tiger if you say anything good about them

It's not 99% I know a lot of people that hated the Mac experience.

I wouldn't really put Linus in the same category as those guys. They don't do PC hardware videos like Linus, Tech of Tomorrow, OC3D, JayzTwoCents etc. etc. And I bet <- those guys don't edit on macs ;)

Those are the more of builders I would say, less modern people. Mac is out of range for them. 

on a windows machine it's really easy to find your way around the file system and you can get really deep into system setting within a second and from using IOS devices I know how Apple hates it when people try to do things like that

I read, I don't know how it works .. so it doesn't work.. with the command terminal you can pretty much do anything? If you know your OS, you know where to find settings even these so called 'deep system settings you talk about?'

We are talking about MAC OS X here - not iOS devices he? An Apple Computer does NOT RUN on ios... -_-'

I have this PC (see my signature below) running windows 8.1 and a macbook pro 2011 (15inch).

Once you have really used a MAC you will know the difference, and with really used I do NOT mean:

You already made up your mind, and you tried using a mac for 30 minutes and couldn't find things so you decided it sucks...

But it seems you guys mostly think mac is closed up - because of iOS but it isn't...

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

It's not 99% I know a lot of people that hated the Mac experience.

Windows users who must have used mac for an hour or two might since everything is new to them. But experienced users of both platforms like me, would say the opposite

those other guys are all people who dont know anything about pcs and stuck in there fanboy world. im not saying macs are always bad but usually they are

You've got to use it for long term, like a year or two to actually get to learn the OS to appreciate it. I've been using Windows from the 90's and Mac for the past three years and my verdict is that some things are just much more easier and faster in Mac

I read, I don't know how it works .. so it doesn't work.. with the command terminal you can pretty much do anything? If you know your OS, you know where to find settings even these so called 'deep system settings you talk about?'

We are talking about MAC OS X here - not iOS devices he? An Apple Computer does NOT RUN on ios... -_-'

I have this PC (see my signature below) running windows 8.1 and a macbook pro 2011 (15inch).

Once you have really used a MAC you will know the difference, and with really used I do NOT mean:

You already made up your mind, and you tried using a mac for 30 minutes and couldn't find things so you decided it sucks...

But it seems you guys mostly think mac is closed up - because of iOS but it isn't...

yeah, I know it doesn't run on IOS, but after trying it out for a week I couldn't really come to like it that much

You haven't used one. I own a MacBook and I'm loving it. And because of that I went through all the trouble of getting hackintosh and it's totally worth it. You should try it for a long time to see the benefits of using Mac over Windows. I do have a licesed copy of 8.1 but I always boot into OS X because its much more intuitive and user friendly

There's hundreds if not thousands of things that don't have support for mac, and when games get updated, sometimes they don't work properly on mac for days and sometimes weeks. I have a buddy that's had a mac for like 4 years now, he hates it with a burning passion because of the insane amount of issues with it.  Tons of games don't support it that he wants to play, and when there's updates for LoL, half the time he can't play for an entire patch.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

There's hundreds if not thousands of things that don't have support for mac, and when games get updated, sometimes they don't work properly on mac for days and sometimes weeks. I have a buddy that's had a mac for like 4 years now, he hates it with a burning passion because of the insane amount of issues with it.  Tons of games don't support it that he wants to play, and when there's updates for LoL, half the time he can't play for an entire patch.

You're talking about games. MAc is wayy better in content creation, development, 3D designing, engineering etc. Even google uses Mac in their offices. Games and 'open to anyone scheme' are the only true advantages of windows

yeah, I know it doesn't run on IOS, but after trying it out for a week I couldn't really come to like it that much

Dude listen, Most people can't learn Windows 8 in a week when they come from Windows 7. What makes you think that you can learn a completely different operating system and know its full potential. Sure there's always a learning frustration. I've had problem using Mac for two three months after I got it. It's been 4 years now and I love Mac. Its better than windows in many aspects. You should use it for a year or two

Windows users who must have used mac for an hour or two might since everything is new to them. But experienced users of both platforms like me, would say the opposite

You again, are talking like you KNOW what people want. In high school we had lots of Macs and we used them all year, only a few of the kids in the school actually cared to use them so the school sold them for cheaper Windows computers. Not everyone likes Mac not everyone likes Windows. You really shouldn't start flame wars on here it's against CoC.

You're talking about games. MAc is wayy better in content creation, development, 3D designing, engineering etc. Even google uses Mac in their offices. Games and 'open to anyone scheme' are the only true advantages of windows

Mac is exactly the same as Windows for content creation.

Mac is exactly the same as Windows for content creation.

Not exactly, despite the same software, Adobe Suite runs better on Mac and thus is the reason why many people use Mac

UPDATE 2: I don't know what's happening here. All I'm trying to do is requesting Linus to do a review, but most people in this thread are acting like I came here to thrash down windows or something. It's whole android vs. iOS thingy going on here

You're OP wasn't unreasonable.

But then you inserted your strong opinion about Mac on the eighth post. And then you keep on saying that Mac is "better" without providing any objective, supporting arguments.

You're OP wasn't unreasonable.

But then you inserted your strong opinion about Mac on the eighth post. And then you keep on saying that Mac is "better" without providing any objective, supporting arguments.

All of those replies were to people who are just blindly calling OS X bad. I use both, I like both, both has its pros and cons. And I've said so many times in this thread, why I think Mac is better. Its faster, reliable, stable, secure, etc. So since I among with many other people like it, I wanted to here Linus's thoughts on it since clearly we can see that he hasn't even used Mac for an hour

All of those replies were to people who are just blindly calling OS X bad. I use both, I like both, both has its pros and cons. And I've said so many times in this thread, why I think Mac is better. Its faster, reliable, stable, secure, etc. So since I among with many other people like it, I wanted to here Linus's thoughts on it since clearly we can see that he hasn't even used Mac for an hour

Again, more subjective arguments with no supporting facts. Faster? Show us how it's faster. Reliable? How so? (And not just my mom's computer sucks). Stable? Again, how so? Secure? Secure in what way? Protection against malware? Account security?

There is no problem expressing your opinion. However, supporting your arguments with fact makes you more credible. Also, apparently you know everything about Linus if you can deduce that "he hasn't even used Mac for an hour" from a bunch of YouTube videos.

Linus didn't like it, I think on stream he said he'd tried it and it disrupted his workflow because contrary to popular opinion its not as user friendly as you would think especially advanced commands.

I'm in the same boat, borrowed my friends Macbook to replace the screen on it while he was away in france. Played around with it for  a week and hated it, I've got a hackintosh machine for if I want to practice with OS X but as a daily driver I just felt it interupts my workflow.

I could be thinking of another youtuber but I'm almost certain it was linus.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

dude, I wasn't being ignorant, I used hackintosh for a while and I felt like it was similar to how windows 8 was much simpler to use, but then harder to find things on

Bullshit, spotlight makes it faster to search for something than if you have it as the only item on your desktop, and a billion times faster than the god awful search i have on windows, and don't think i'm biased in saying that because i enjoy both operating systems and think they both have advantages but what you're saying here is just complete bullshit

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Not exactly, despite the same software, Adobe Suite runs better on Mac and thus is the reason why many people use Mac

It doesn't it runs exactly the same and due to customization your PC can run it even better than a Mac can. It's about the hardware not the OS, even if it was OpenGL is better as a form of 3D API which Windows and Linux take better use of.

EDIT: Especially with Nvidia GPUs having CUDA cores specifically designed for media usage.