[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Nice update

looks Fantastic :D

Super acrylic work :)

Thanks Fuzzy!

it's coming along very nice.

Thanks Raboo!

This thread makes me so excitied :D Looking amazing thusfar, mate

Thanks!! Its been so much fun! Lots of cool ideas planned, the best is yet to come =D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone!! Sorry for the delay in updates on the forums! I had an update prepared for last week and ended up moving my workshop from the pool house area to the garage for the summer and I collected some tools and had a huge organization break. So now I am back at it and it is smooth operator! Aluminum cubes are still available at Clockwerk Case Mods, just send me a PM for information! Alright now on with the updates! Lots of goodies came in and I started some of the cool details that will be in this mod!

First thing is first, huge thanks to my awesome sponsors! You guys are really making this build extra special to me!

prYgepC.png

Alright now I want to show you the goodies that came in! First up my power supply from Cooler Master! The newly released semi-modular VSM750w Gold Rated Power supply. I wrote up a little review, check it out >here< Next update I will have it all sleeved up with the Mod/Smart MaxCord I am about to show you!

teXBdO4.jpg

WVJRBdy.jpg

SfEOisT.jpg

Qz0B2HB.jpg

Alright now on to my Primochill & Mod/Smart parts!

5SFgu7S.jpg

fzThCaf.jpg

Bright white MaxCord paracord!

yLjpaQy.jpg

FvCbuhx.jpg

Kobra sleeve for the sata signal cables.

1M9mIES.jpg

Connectors for making custom cables.

vJB52N1.jpg

Heatshrink to match.

QNhZagO.jpg

LED boards for the numerous single wired LEDs I have going into this build.

A7qoBWc.jpg

zC9lgvH.jpg

Many bulkheads! Ill be custom painting them copper =D

iYJNcRy.jpg

More revolvers than the wild west!!

UlQ6vFZ.jpg

All the fittings I will be using.

uP6RxRP.jpg

Can't connect the revolvers without PETG! Originally I was going to use copper tube and I was only using PETG behind the scenes to connect the bulkheads but I have a little surprise for my tubing later on!

jSsMo6Q.jpg

Can't forget the awesome selection of Primochill Intesifier Sicle Colors! That's all I can say about them though!

ZaklPEf.jpg

Alright that's all the parts for now! On to the labor =D First is the LED trim, I use 1/4" acrylic stock and painted the face copper and drilled the ends for 3mm LEDs. Last night I ended up masking them off and painting the top for a more fuller look and the light will show out the bottoms.

mJq0VY0.jpg

UEKl8sx.jpg

DoIleAJ.jpg

eWjayHC.jpg

Lhvj7Mc.jpg

VYPd3nJ.jpg

rDeGxRT.jpg

tFerqe9.jpg

dbn2B8T.jpg

Once they were drilled and cut, they got hit with paint.

loeDbDY.jpg

zETDdc6.jpg

S5PdkYY.jpg

D8XQRFD.jpg

1YsA6zX.jpg

Then I glued them to the side panel with my acrylic cement.

oSHDp26.jpg

hxQsRZl.jpg

9Mxhx0d.jpg

97N47vo.jpg

It looked great but you could see some air pocket of glue because the stock wasn't perfectly flat. So I decided to tape off the panel and repaint the face and paint the top side as well, then clear coat them.

05FEPTr.jpg

GsDUOoA.jpg

I am glad I did that it made the copper effect more bold.

top2FEz.jpg

xloEuWQ.jpg

I also glued my IO panel together. once I have my GPUs I will cut the holes for them.

yjvlFeR.jpg

2bfH5IU.jpg

I also made a front bezel, I am going to redo it a little smaller to make it sit flush in the gap between the 2 original bezels but I can show you how I made it. At this point I decided I am going to use the copper paint instead of actual copper panels as I would prefer everything be the same color rather than real copper and not match exactly.

Here I started with the acrylic trim.

kKgXtDU.jpg

uVNtEOA.jpg

0te2Qn3.jpg

PXBYMd6.jpg

98klFzy.jpg

gYxllVV.jpg

Hdi4RsU.jpg

Then I cut some copper I had and painted it copper...copper on copper lol

CnxxZdW.jpg

yoHdWIn.jpg

DX28NhN.jpg

Once that was all set, I dropped it in to make a nice framed copper panel. I am going to try to trim a little off to make it fit, if that doesn't work I will just remake one, it was easy to do.

kU5xaWq.jpg

DHlkElf.jpg

8LmLOj5.jpg

The last thing I want to show you really quick is the interior mid plate bulkhead placement, I was going to drill and mount them but I want to wait until I have the corresponding piece of hardware to line up the fittings as close to perfect as possible. I think its going to look pretty amazing, you can get the idea if you use a little imagination =D

GoAYX4k.jpg

0mxV9JU.jpg

K3ZP2I9.jpg

ff1MnuS.jpg

AXHXJbJ.jpg

Great update.

Can't wait for more updates :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Great update.

Can't wait for more updates :)

Thanks man! Yeah I am backworking in my shop daily now so I will be getting more work done, took a little over a week to clean organize and move it

WOW

I'm speechless.  This is incredible

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

WOW

I'm speechless.  This is incredible

Thanks dude!! =D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! I managed to start my custom reservoirs going. Im starting trim on the top one and I think I am going to redo the bottom one as one of the seams did not glue solid and I am having some leaks. 

I have also been busy with the CNC, its almost finished now, just need the spindle and some odds and ends. Once its done I can put my money towards buying the rest of the components for this build.

Anyway on to the update! Hope you guys enjoy it!

First thing is that I greatly appreciate the help from my sponsors, they are the foundation of this project!

prYgepC.png

Here we go! I got my motherboard tray locked in place now with some aluminum cubes.

kwVQ3AG.jpg

9Ysz37l.jpg

sFCw3Ws.jpg

2cGuU6C.jpg

Nc4AGN0.jpg

KS8nlC1.jpg

I also went through and started removing the rivets and replacing them with rivet nuts so the case will no be assembled with screws rather than rivets. It makes things much cleaner and easier to break down and assemble.

M5qzY8E.jpg

n6ZCsEj.jpg

KBpPTqS.jpg

46wUYdr.jpg

Next up I modded the bottom case bezel to hold two bulkheads and a little window to the bottom res. Two tubes will go from the top res and bring water down to the bottom res.

I used the step drill to cut the holes out.

lH2tUKP.jpg

PjAM6wr.jpg

Cbo6Jka.jpg

1sOuzVP.jpg

>>>

Then cleaned them up with the dremel and put in the bulkheads.

kQ6zunu.jpg

8zW6r7C.jpg

fqgoeFM.jpg

Next I cut out a window, I am not sure what trim to go with yet, white or copper. I might actually make acrylic trim for a more professional look.

b40hIbR.jpg

QZvRABo.jpg

ml18DFt.jpg

jK1bbCf.jpg

mGgkMZg.jpg

ato41yE.jpg

2zIK9PW.jpg

Now Ill show you the top reservoir. I am leaving the bottom res out because I am most likely going to remake it. Its only about 20$ in acrylic per reservoir without the trim. 

So I got the acrylic and some more syringes and a new needle from McMaster.

GpeO6bH.jpg

>>>

I took the acrylic and cut it down to the correct sizes and made rabbit joints on the ends to make them more leak resistant when I glue them. 

RQ6qhui.jpg

tdRWuxk.jpg

zSskwTv.jpg

T2CiQbl.jpg

gXBUwXE.jpg

4UXhDmY.jpg

wKeLvWt.jpg

zZVBm35.jpg

PUz5K75.jpg

gVAW0dQ.jpg

L3onSwG.jpg

I cut grooves in the mid plate that the water will flow over to hopefully keep the water a little more even.

xd5ffuT.jpg

crOhxJU.jpg

jjC8n1f.jpg

>>>

After all the panels were cut and rabbited I got to work getting the fittings in place.

FDjV6WT.jpg

ltUvNht.jpg

eQPqo26.jpg

zMU9lm6.jpg

After drilling it was time to tap the front fitting holes. A good trick is to run the tap through a block of wood then into the acrylic. It keeps the tap straight and prevents cracking of the acrylic.

FmSBHwH.jpg

EEn2U9C.jpg

kxQ4595.jpg

mcbdSHq.jpg

pAcb40u.jpg

ZGMY7v1.jpg

Once the front were on I did the back return and top fill fitting.

qVToatB.jpg

cN91jy3.jpg

Quick set in place to get an idea of it, and then lay everything out to glue.

jJlwQw9.jpg

RU3GhjR.jpg

>>>

This res glued together rather well.

rTpf6QG.jpg

uixMpYk.jpg

iqbM1Or.jpg

Final res without the trim.

NOMVftk.jpg

dYSRH3u.jpg

4rz97Rg.jpg

5UtvJSQ.jpg

Filled it with some liquid and let it sit over night. It passed the test.

nkRzF42.jpg

4BUTvEn.jpg

0WauTSt.jpg

og031qu.jpg

>>>

Even if it leaked a little the trim will block all the seams with another layer of reinforcement. Here is the first trim panel I set up. I am bringing it up and around the fittings on all panels of both reservoirs. The trim will also be masked off and painted copper once glued on for a white-copper-white-copper contrast.

RYXXiaq.jpg

nODq9R7.jpg

tPgPL62.jpg

8NLTgPC.jpg

YfYd20y.jpg

2ZZHdZN.jpg

wWdatbt.jpg

Here is the trim in its glory. I am going to glue it square to the bottom right and flush cut the overhang. Then get it done. 

CDlaosw.jpg

Well thats what I have for now. Hope you enjoyed it! Always love some feedback! I plan to have both reservoirs trimmed, mounted and connected for the next update. There are only a few things left that I can do before installing hardware, its finally getting to that point!! The CNC was eating my funds but after this friday I will be able to spend money on components. I already have my hardware decided and water loop as well. If you want to stay up to date on my progress daily check out my modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. Until next time modders!!

That is so awesome.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I kinda like the bronze and white color scheme.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Reminds me of these :

Please PLEASE PLEASE do not quote images...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everybody! I got a whole lot of update here today! Hope you all enjoy! I have a ton of photos so lets get right into it!

First and foremost thanks to my awesome sponsors! You guys are truly amazing!! 

prYgepC.png

Alright first thing I got some more parts in. Mod/smart sent me in the power and reset switches along with spools and spools and spools of PSU pins for sleeving my own cables!! I am now stocked and I love it!

5y2sacD.jpg

dbNvm11.jpg

Z4repaK.jpg

MpeQjEL.jpg

I recently had inquiries to make custom handmade reservoirs for some peoples builds after sharing pictures of mine. So I picked up a new 15/32 plastic drillng bit and a new syringe. These larger syringes are the way to go, they don't jam up and explode solvent everywhere.

JYR98cl.jpg

4N8e48q.jpg

Alright some modding! I painted the connectors needed to get my power supply sleeved, I hope to get that sleeved for next update.

bZfIYY2.jpg

gwGYwyM.jpg

UKL25I9.jpg

jDcdFtx.jpg

Speaking of sleeving I found this paracord online and the color is called rust, it is really really close to the metallic copper. I think I will use it for some accent striped between the white.

BHHwC5N.jpg

nwvv5gO.jpg

Alright now into the reservoir work, there is quite a bit of it =D

First up was finishing the bottom reservoir. First cut all the pieces the drill and tap what needed to be, then glue together.

CId0reE.jpg

RlWo2zW.jpg

b5a9Cqj.jpg

7kG6n3I.jpg

g9ugem6.jpg

Then fit it together, glue it, and leak test it. This one is much better than my first. I had a dulling router bit and it was just a crap finish the first time, I didn't even share it. This one glued up mint with no leaks!

mapcc3V.jpg

QTYFiSp.jpg

kmiYWNl.jpg

AfISaCR.jpg

Next up was trimming both reservoirs. I have tons of photos as I shared every day but I am going to kind of broaden it out so my update doesn't have 150 photos of me cutting on the scroll saw haha

4IF4uAd.jpg

LGZJZvL.jpg

QZLGEkY.jpg

D034exV.jpg

Z2XZpDY.jpg

N4G0XB9.jpg

When I cut the trim I would do one axis at a time and flush cut the trim even with the edge on my router table.

82CUew9.jpg

VD7gjKz.jpg

qAEc73l.jpg

b6Uk1js.jpg

O4laLa8.jpg

hLQ9eGj.jpg

X5ecvlP.jpg

After all the trim was on I was really happy with the way it came out! In the next update I should have the trim painted and installed correctly.

k92uAFy.jpg

bjCytRe.jpg

Next up was mounting the reservoirs. The top res is fastened to he motherboard tray and the bottom one is now flush with the front face of the bezel after some modding =D. I have to attach it with a screw or 2 when I have it exact. The bottom bezel will get some more detail treatment eventually. 

kXp30IT.jpg

mH7tAI5.jpg

UQf9sJE.jpg

3l763MJ.jpg

6LzmaiU.jpg

s2xQLeg.jpg

HEVcSPs.jpg

FVQ7SUW.jpg

tDX8b5t.jpg

hfkpOCR.jpg

Next up I didn't like using the mesh panel drive bay port cover for the bulkheads, it didn't seem professional or rigid enough. so I made one from acrylic and it is currently in place with some 3m mod tape, I will probably glue it in after the bezel is done and repainted but it looks much nicer than  had before.

bYgAy4D.jpg

0tv0Ayw.jpg

lehE48j.jpg

ZrReYwb.jpg

libsLqC.jpg

Now I am ready to run a couple PETG tubes from top res to the bulkheads.

HM7pYBQ.jpg

1vzd8Nr.jpg

Some soapy water for the rubber insert.

J0gZTxo.jpg

I made my own jig to bend tubing at the exact length it needed to be.

3mNxT72.jpg

2v7iveb.jpg

xVJUcQ3.jpg

JV84yPc.jpg

It was worth it because the tubes are nearly identical. I have a little trimming to tweak them to perfect but Ill do it later.

EZhsdZy.jpg

WmF3hI8.jpg

g9x4QKB.jpg

This is where I am now! I am super happy with the way its looking! I can't wait to get some hardware in this build!

E0hoS57.jpg

CcVtznQ.jpg

Well thats where I am at for now! I hope you all enjoyed the update! If you want to follow me daily dont forget to check out my facebook page Clockwork Case Mods! Also remember I still have aluminum case cubes available and I have people now inquiring about custom reservoirs, so PM me on my page if you would like something made! Cheers!

Just keeps getting better and better.

This look really amazing and interesting. Followed :)

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

This look really amazing and interesting. Followed :)

Excellent! Thanks! =D