[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures

Looks great. Keep it up.

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

That copper... So... SHINY

Man Ill say it again, I love this copper! I think its going to be a hit =D I cant wait to start modding components and the water loop with this theme! Gonna be so fun!

Looks great. Keep it up.

Thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there everyone! I wanted to share what I have done over the last couple weeks. I have 5 times the number of forums to update this time around so I am trying to stay on a 2 week update schedule unlike last build I tried to update every week. 

If you would like to see some live updates check out my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. I regularly post photos and share my work as I am doing it. Then head back to the forums for a bi-weekly update. I also share the work of friends and other modders I have met along the way in my time  modding! Basically I just wanted to let you know where I can be found in between updates, now Ill get to my work.A few Items arrived from MNPCtech.com! Some Modders mesh, U-channel, rad screws, and a monkey modding decal!

Q9JvqWU.jpg

I also found some metallic copper paint that matched almost exactly to brushed copper. I would of liked to stay with the reflective polished look but I also liked the brushed look very much as well. I am just happy I found a match!

PJEf4bb.jpg

One of the first things I worked on was building an extension area between the 2 cases to route tubing from bulkheads and route wires. For the way I want to run all my tubing it is definitely needed. The sad thing is i changed my mind on the way I will build it after a lot of work put into building up a frame out of MicroRax. I ran out of parts for the MicroRax and had to make my own. It was a huge pain and I decided to eventually fall back onto the aluminum cubes for an easier cleaner look.

DN3i6Aa.jpg

I had to make cut outs to avoid screws.

eYr3GEW.jpg

AXjGpna.jpg

MyjIhKl.jpg

fTk085D.jpg

iVB6GhQ.jpg

That wasn't bad, the annoying thing was making the slide in threaded inserts.

GAVihP3.jpg

Xo9k5lL.jpg

f5pr9o8.jpg

kVyUdF4.jpg

QTsT23z.jpg

The good thing was, by doing all this work, I got a good look at what I will be working with when I build it back up in the next week and create the interior panel layouts. I have a few cool ideas right now for the panels to close in the extension area too.

RClEUnu.jpg

PyQSSrs.jpg

i5UePKX.jpg

TQFtKPM.jpg

G3k1UIE.jpg

After building up the case I broke it back down to do a little painting and redesign. I had a MNPCtech billet fan grill I have been wanting to use so I painted it according to the theme and got it mounted. Its use will be to mount a fan the pulls air into the PSU.

P1i5rJh.jpg

3OoKupc.jpg

uALa6Ba.jpg

YErMjDM.jpg

b3B8Op2.jpg

nIKFmGw.jpg

It the end I think it looks like it really belongs on this panel lol.

AKXd0nG.jpg

I put the panel back on and got a shot showing how it mounts and its purpose..

hgNiYiP.jpg

k5FrHo5.jpg

I hit the copper paint on the front bezel, it really shows the contrast of the theme well, just like the billet fan grill.

LGqvpnG.jpg

YMs2d1u.jpg

6watN3s.jpg

zh2kxOU.jpg

4TcR0N8.jpg

aJ0saXb.jpg

I was at the store and grabbed 10 feet of copper tubing to play around with. I threw some Primochill ghost fittings on a piece to get a look at my tubing set up. Ill be using white revolvers in the actually loop.

EK1DaR9.jpg

FUq0zAs.jpg

Here are a few shots of how the rear panel is attached.

oArjrFm.jpg

bj4azFF.jpg

BdWfBeV.jpg

Lastly I mounted all the cubes to the bottom panel of the top case. You will see the significance next update.

zcXGgWa.jpg

EirR59Y.jpg

MKz2JSC.jpg

Well thats all I have for now. I hope you are enjoying the build so far. Again like I said come check out my page if you wanna check on the build and other modding related stuff in between updates.Clockwerk Case Mods. Take care gents see you soon!

Very cool update.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

• 3 weeks later...
What's up Bros!? Im back with another bi-weekly forum update! I Got a solid chunk of update for you on this Cyprus build! I did some panel work on the interior, I made the case more structurally sound. I remade the extension area with cubes instead of MicroRax and it looks cleaner in my opinion! If you want to see live updates from the workshop as I am building check out my Facebook page Clockwerk Case Mods. With having 15 forums to update I try to stay on a bi-weekly forum schedule, staying organized is a huge factor when doing multiple builds and projects and this seems to be working well so I am going to continue to roll with it! Anyway on with some work photos!

I picked up the last acrylic I needed to make my MB tray and also picked up some 1/4" PETG to make my hand made reservoirs, those will hopefully be in next update.

YkhDWd5.jpg

I decided that the polished copper actually matched the paint pretty well after testing a few pieces, so I decided I am going to run with that over the brushed copper. I can't help it man I love shiny stuff =D

KAAeOHi.jpg

d6V8fpq.jpg

I started to make the extension area with my aluminum cubes and 1/4" acrylic. (glueing two 1/8" pieces together) Its solid as a rock now with even less metal framing.

First I did the front and back.

thpvQgj.jpg

7aTRjJU.jpg

03bhvCb.jpg

Once they were glued I marked the holes for attaching the cubes and I countersunk them with a zero flute 82° pitch countersink. They work excellent on acrylic with a drill press, I highly recommend them.

ZfgKzA6.jpg

32I2qNk.jpg

I had to router out a 1/8" notch for the one center cube to fit it in the correct place. Worked perfectly.

meODNjD.jpg

r8iBWkE.jpg

Then I attached them to the bottom panel of the top case first.

ZPu46o4.jpg

zdBzDlo.jpg

aqdCnO8.jpg

After they were on I made the sides the same way.

xwRKMAm.jpg

sq5JfVu.jpg

W7UibcY.jpg

Here is a good shot of the zero flute. It really kicks ass, super clean circle countersunk hole.

9rAb8Mc.jpg

Once they were drilled I attached them.

OlJhAJ0.jpg

iaocyUA.jpg

hJnZBp0.jpg

Iw9xECb.jpg

Now the case is up and very sturdy! I am happy with it now =D

HmqtDTV.jpg

ZvpSDWo.jpg

Zwyjrml.jpg

Next up is make the floor for the top case.

IrpgAUw.jpg

IOZkGEj.jpg

4alTLFj.jpg

Trim pieces for the floor and rear panel.

LefggDW.jpg

Glued them on and dropped it into place, fit like a glove!

tzDTa4G.jpg

2iKIQqi.jpg

dKz16BJ.jpg

Next I slapped the MB tray in and set some parts in to show orientation. It is going to get interesting when I start going into detail mode. I can't wait =D

iXhMTdW.jpg

vphqfsi.jpg

Next up was making a IO panel. I cut 1" strips and 7/8" strips and glued them together accordingly.

EmbdYB3.jpg

vMYGt67.jpg

Gy07YPy.jpg

I cut the GPU mounting plate and set that into place. What I am going to do is bend the 90° edge of the GPU mounting bracket to 180° flat and screw it right into the plate. You will see what I mean when I do it.

i5cgcsi.jpg

EhJqrNY.jpg

Last thing I got done was cutting the corners off the top panel to fit the rear panel trim. I somehow didn't get a shot of the whole case with the rear panel trim on but you can check it out on my FB page when you get time, Ill get a couple shots of that up after work today, you will also see it in the next update for sure.

BOFB6BP.jpg

NiiscE2.jpg

Well thats all I have for this update. I hope you enjoyed checking out the build progress as much as I love sharing with you guys! Remember to check out my page Clockwerk Case Mods for live updates on my builds and modding projects! Thanks again to my sponsors Cooler Master and Casefeet.com, your support is helping to make this awesome build happen! Take care everyone Ill be back with another update in a couple weeks! Cheers!

great update and super feet :)

everytime I check out your log I want to get my router out :P

some super modding going on here :D

Nice!  Cant wait to see more!

great update and super feet :)

everytime I check out your log I want to get my router out :P

some super modding going on here :D

Thanks Fuzz! I appreciate it! Yeah man go bust out that router! Cleanest cuts without a CNC imo!

Nice!  Cant wait to see more!

Thanks bud its coming along! Check out the FB page if you like, I usually got something new posted up everyday from the workshop =D

Nice update can't wait for more.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Wow what a unique build. This is awesome.

Thanks bud! Its going to really going to come together when I am done with the structural frame work and start going back over the build adding in the details =D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone!! Time for another forum update! If you want to catch daily updates check out my Facebook page Clockwerk Case Mods. I usually update photos there either right from the shop or at the end of each work day. In this update I have work on the top pedestal I made to cover the fans in the roof, and I tore the case down to start working in the bottom box. In other news my Cooler Master HAF912 mod Grey Matter is featured in the current issue of Custom PC Magazine in the Readers Drives section! I want to thank Antony and Bit-tech for choosing my build I am very grateful!! Well without anything else on to the update!

This update is pretty straight forward, one thing first really quick, I painted some fittings and connectors. I will be using white fittings with copper tubing but I plan on using one clear tube between the two reservoirs. With the clear tube I will paint the fittings copper. I will also paint my connectors copper and use white sleeve. I have a lot of white Teleios left I may use that, I did want to use paracord but I am not sure yet.

BhSC8v0.jpg

sqHvcM9.jpg

LAyZXOd.jpg

Now I'll show you the pedestal. I started by cutting strips for the sides.

7Fvfl9w.jpg

mgIYkv8.jpg

Nt4UeJQ.jpg

Once they were made I had to tap more aluminum cubes for connecting everything together.

rvhvtLt.jpg

Then I collected everything and marked the lines to drill and countersink the holes.

AEFtaut.jpg

hgEq3pi.jpg

eZYkis5.jpg

QaK2k84.jpg

Once everything was drilled I started connecting panels. I love the zero flute countersinks! They make such a clean finish.

tLDumwW.jpg

kOEPB9X.jpg

YfFoy4t.jpg

After seeing that the size was right I ripped to panels to make the grill for the top. I drew out the letters HAF and cut them with the scroll saw.

lwDawTk.jpg

9oHag0K.jpg

HHVhpgr.jpg

Once I did the rough cuts with the scroll saw I came back through with the Dremel :dremel: and cleaned up the edges.

2GlRzUo.jpg

With the top piece done I got the bottom piece cut out and cut a drop set path around the edge to fit the mod mesh sandwiched in the middle.

44InybT.jpg

0ElE48E.jpg

3aM4LZJ.jpg

Next I cut the mesh to size and painted it copper. Then I set it into place and glued the two pieces together with the mesh pressed in the middle and cut the excess of the end.

G8NjMs1.jpg

BlbNNIx.jpg

cdBpBJr.jpg

gaalXZ1.jpg

Now its time to mark the holes for mounting and get it attached!

pmNG8FT.jpg

gldWjPD.jpg

IQM9jdF.jpg

When the top was put on, I marked and drilled into the top metal panel to secure the pedestal to the case.

1U39kq7.jpg

ioskS9v.jpg

Then it was time to install!

5yuKpV8.jpg

I really liked it but I noticed the seams did not line up as precisely as I would of liked, they were off by about 1/2 a mm or a 1/32". I wasn't comfortable with that so I glued the top panel onto the sides. This worked perfectly aside from the fact the some of the cubes are just for show now but I am glad it clean.

MrZfwKH.jpg

AaT4g08.jpg

V7nOlgv.jpg

I also opened up the top panel mounting holes a bit so I had some room to play and was able to perfectly center the pedestal on the top. The dremel and mini precision files came in handy for that!

qFhyWax.jpg

4FLUy0S.jpg

Now the pedestal is nice and clean and attached perfectly. I am very happy with the final product there. The MNPCtech mod mesh is an awesome look here!

tZXiB5N.jpg

7JpZiFx.jpg

After that was done I tore the case down and I am now cleaning up the bottom box and finishing the last bit of structure work so I can start the interior. First thing I wanted to do was fiber glass the brackets to fill in all the holes and drill out the only necessary mounting holes. Its still a work in progress and needs some more sanding but once I prime it you will think it was actually built this way.

I collected materials, mixed up fiber glass bondo and started filling.

BqzxwDL.jpg

E9ETekf.jpg

NpAOsYe.jpg

U4pOyr1.jpg

eucn6MU.jpg

I filled from the bottom first then  over the top and started the never ending sanding process!:lol:

cjEGaqW.jpg

9FfXZzp.jpg

ueL3wVG.jpg

3pBQrtC.jpg

I filled in some pinholes and some bigger holes with spot puddy. I would of liked to use bondo first but my bondo had sat on the shelf too long and started setting up in the can a little so it was useless.

pDYDqp7.jpg

b9AVImo.jpg

I sanded the notches in the edge and kept leveling out the middle. 

hGyZN6c.jpg

gaxIAJ3.jpg

SepUX2f.jpg

yx3AsNH.jpg

I am sitting with this right now. Its a lot of work but it will look great when done, Ill have it finished next update and should have progress on the bottom case interior.

cvgczBU.jpg

Thats all I have for right now! These brackets are quite the project but I should have them done in the next day to so and get back to acrylic! Oh also, I should have my 4ftx2ft CNC done in the next couple weeks! I am really happy about that because I will actually be able to use it on this build a little bit, I am thinking about making my custom reservoirs with it! Also, don't forget to check out daily progress on my page Clockwerk Case Mods between forum updates if you would like! Thanks again to my sponsors and thanks to you guys for following the build! Until next time, take care!

That is becoming a very big case :)

That is becoming a very big case :)

Haha yeah I am done adding to its size now, time to start adding details =D

Can't wait to see how you use all that room in the case :o

Future build:  Obsidian 450d, G1.Sniper z87, R9 280x Core i5 Haswell cooled by H100i, HyperX 8gb, Crucial SSD 120gb, Barracuda 2tb HDD

Current build: HAF 912, the worst mb ever, r9 280x, Core i5 650 w/ stock cooler, Corsair Dominator 4gb, 500gb Western Digital blue

Can't wait to see how you use all that room in the case :o

Im going to my best to fill it all up =D

have you got a pic of what it looks like now?

Akasa Venom Viper Full Tower Case | Intel i7-3930k @ 3.20Gh | Corsair 240Gb GT SSD Raid 0 | Samsung 23" LED 1080p FULL HD (x2) MSI Big Bang-ZPower II Socket 2011 XL ATX Board | Gigabyte GTX 680 | Windows 8.1 Pro | WD Caviar Red 3Tb HDD | Akasa Venom Voodoo high Performance CPU Coolerr | TP Link Wireless N DualBand | Pioneer BDR optical Drive | Corsair Vengance 16Gb Ram

have you got a pic of what it looks like now?

Yeah I'd like to see the final product.

Or an update.

Thanks guys! This final product is still a little ways away. Right now its tore down to the bottom case. I am hoping to have the case done in the next month and then just get hardware for it as money is available to it. I have a ton of forums to update for this build so I try to get an update out every 2 weeks on Mondays, next forum update will be a week from today. I post almost daily on my modding page on Fackbook if you have an account there. Its a lot easier to throw up a handful of pics at the end of the day on there, then I recap and post all the pics on the forums. I also have all the pics from my other projects and my CNC build as well. I should be finishing that by the end of May, I can't wait for that =D Heres a link to the page if you want to check it out. Clockwerk Case Mods.

Hey everyone! Got another update for ya! I finished up the brackets I started at the end of last update and made the case sturdier with a gusset and a shroud through the bottom case. I am very pleased with the build so far! I also am stoked to announce that Primochill and Mod/smart are officially going to sponsor the build! I hope to have some of that in the next update! Also Cooler Master is going to sponsor the build with the new VSM750w semi-modular power supply! I plan to sleeve it up with Mod/Smarts new MaxCord paracord, and I will be painting the connectors copper! Thanks to these sponsors for helping make this case mod awesome!

BTzHil5.jpg

z2iHQXB.jpg

blYLnCi.jpg

Now that I let you in on the great news, lets get into the update!

First off Ill show you the brackets I fiber glassed to fill all the holes. They almost look like they came stock this way =D

mSc8CiQ.jpg

4C1xQy9.jpg

sfdP0xi.jpg

mC8ibVI.jpg

I decided to use rivet nuts instead of rivets so I can screw the case back together with bolts now.

3ssgi8X.jpg

6WOrgCZ.jpg

U8AnFxu.jpg

Now I had a nice neat bottom box ready.

w2bsgEo.jpg

8KIsmPy.jpg

Next I made a gusset for strength using acrylic and aluminum cube standoff/nuts. My machinist is sending me the jig to make these and I should have them available for purchase soon after an overwhelming demand for them! Please visit my Facebook Page and leave a message for details. Ill leave a link at the end of the update!

LoILLUt.jpg

xx6hLx5.jpg

N0uTCs7.jpg

l2jqolw.jpg

dawSTn4.jpg

kZtCP2z.jpg

uEMSKxt.jpg

ekThJGa.jpg

SZ40Bsg.jpg

Just that little gusset alone made the case really rigid! Next up was the shroud which will have a small window to show the side of the power supply, and also will have my solid states that I use mounted on it.

First I cut the shroud to size and marked lines to make my bends.

mp8kkoH.jpg

wKe3BEB.jpg

qxCGMQn.jpg

After the first bends I sized it up to mark the excess to be cut off with the router.

ClEkkjr.jpg

uHUCpsZ.jpg

KJ79Er5.jpg

I had to make a notch to clear the lip on the right side. It ended up fitting really nice, then it was time to bolt it down.

wYM6ZuH.jpg

8c8dVIq.jpg

I marked off the cube mounts and got them all on.

ZbglfmH.jpg

GfaUByK.jpg

GfaUByK.jpg

PtUCqfs.jpg

Once they were on I got it into place. marked them off on the case and then bolted it in.

3CueBJY.jpg

R6r9I2U.jpg

7rU5hyW.jpg

It fit like a glove and came out cleaner than I expected. =D

HVi1Crc.jpg

4pwnfPe.jpg

While I had it tore down I added some MNPCtech.com U-Channel to the bottom panel on the top case that I cut out. It is without a doubt the best U-channel I have used. I left some slack because I will be coating it in white PlastiDip and the last time I did that it shrunk the U-channel a bit.

V4xmglA.jpg

yaS00XM.jpg

yX6NdzW.jpg

aoLRlsy.jpg

Last I stacked up the case and took some photos of where I am sitting at =D

tEAjpJ4.jpg

6t3fE4k.jpg

kDbPI5O.jpg

o3LuPZE.jpg

rb28ZVp.jpg

13gYsJw.jpg

Y6m3rhm.jpg

Well that is all I have for now! Thanks again so much for checking out the build progress! Remember to check my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods for daily updates and to inquire about the aluminum cubes I will be offering very soon! Take care guys until next time!

it's coming along very nice.