Corsair 450D

NissinChix

194trtw9lwx2hjpg.jpg

Seriously, are all of the tech companies out of their mind today? AMD releasing the R9 280 and Corsair doing this? I see no point in it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

To be honest, I don't see anything surprising here. I even expected them to release a Obsidian Mid - Tower before the 750D, and that they're now taking this step just seems reasonable.

It's kinda sad, that the "premium branch" of their case line up is now kinda over - saturated, but what the hell do I care. 

@TheSLSAMG: Market Share, Bruh!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The site was pulled, but I have some pics.

It has an anodized aluminum front, and it looks like this:

5ej8HNq.png4ohFgR6.pngG1n267k.png

uiNz3Rg.png

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

To be honest, I don't see anything surprising here. I even expected them to release a Obsidian Mid - Tower before the 750D, and that they're now taking this step just seems reasonable.

It's kinda sad, that the "premium branch" of their case line up is now kinda over - saturated, but what the hell do I care.

It's true that it's getting a bit over-saturated, but at the end of the day for us the consumers it's better. We now have more choice of design and form factor, with the sleek Obsidian look, for all the different budgets.

I don't think that people were getting the "premium branch" cases to show-off but more because they liked it. After all, it's a branch of 100-400$ case, not a hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars Roll-Royce :P

Not too sure about the front panel, why changing it specifically for just one tower, when they've kept the same design throughout the whole line - up?

Also just a 120 in the back and 3x 120's in the top?

Phanteks Enthno Luxe AND Arc Midi R2 are better imo, and I even believe, that the Enthno Luxe has an aluminium front panel?

It's true that it's getting a bit over-saturated, but at the end of the day for us the consumers it's better. We now have more choice of design and form factor, with the sleek Obsidian look, for all the different budgets.

I don't think that people were getting the "premium branch" cases to show-off but more because they liked it. After all, it's a branch of 100-400$ case, not a hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars Roll-Royce :P

Yeah, but still, the Obsidian always has been more expensive than say the Carbide or the Graphite series, and I kinda want to keep a certain exclusivity when I'm asking for a rather steep price. Rolls - Royce couldn't ask for the same price as they're asking for right now, if almost everyone could afford one, know what I mean? From my knowledge, there's only a single Graphite series case (600T), why not expanding this line up? The Graphite series sure wasn't ugly nor unsuccessful, so why not doing a m - ITX case for this series, or a full tower even?

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The site was pulled, but I have some pics.

It has an anodized aluminum front, and it looks like this:

I managed to get on the site without a problem.

I don't really get the point of it... I guess I have heard people question the airflow of the 350D and 750D. This must be their solution.

Personally I like the look of it, but to me it's just not as good looking as the 350D and 750D.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This looks like an Obsidian edition of the C70. I think that Corsair is trying to offer a complete range of options in each series with the exception being the Vengeance series.  

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

This looks like an Obsidian edition of the C70. I think that Corsair is trying to offer a complete range of options in each series with the exception being the Vengeance series.  

And Graphite Series.

And Graphite Series.

As of currently, yes, but give it some time. I would not be surprised if we see a full tower or ITX tower in the Graphite series in the future. 

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

we don't need another corsair case, although it goods its too similar to the 350D.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Personally I like it, I want a new mid tower case (phantom 410)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

we don't need another corsair case, although it goods its too similar to the 350D.

It is basically a ATX version of the 350D. This case makes lots of sense to me and actually fills an important gap. That of a Obsidian series  case that's not too big, has a window and is ATX sized. It's a competitor to the fractal design define R4. I find the case very nice actually.

who cares...

It is basically a ATX version of the 350D. This case makes lots of sense to me and actually fills an important gap. That of a Obsidian series case that's not too big, has a window and is ATX sized. It's a competitor to the fractal design define R4. I find the case very nice actually.

it's identical to the 350D aside from the atx form and the fan grill, they should really make it more distinct looking.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

well it s a ATX 350D so 1in longer to fit 3pci slots... that s the only difference i see.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

it's identical to the 350D aside from the atx form and the fan grill, they should really make it more distinct looking.

That's a huge deal though. I would've considered the 350D if it wasn't µATX.

who cares...

That's a huge deal though. I would've considered the 350D if it wasn't µATX.

There was always the 300R windowed.

Spoiler

There was always the 300R windowed.

Yes but i like the aesthetics of the obsidian series. The carbide series are pretty standard, so i chose the Define R4 over it. I am happy to see that Corsair fills those gaps in their lineup. That way they have a case for pretty much every taste.

who cares...

Looks like 650d but better

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like it a lot. Decision decisions for the next build!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to get a 300R, but after this poping up I'm going to be getting this instead.

If you compare the Carbide series to the Obsidian series the former just looks cheaper, granted it is a less expensive product but it doesn't have to look that way.