My buddys battlefield 4 keeps crashing on him.

robthatguy
So he has re installed windows multiple times on more than one storage device,we tryed checking the ram but that doesn't seem to be it either . 
here is what the event log is 

Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x53037899
Faulting module name: bf4.exe, version: 1.1.0.1, time stamp: 0x53037899
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000069b64e
Faulting process id: 0x824
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf36835502ee09
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe

Any help or input is much appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                                      RAM: 16gb kington hyperx predator                                                               Drives: 120GB kingston hyperx,1tb westerdigital caviar greeen

Motherboard: Asus Maximus hero vIII                  Graphics Card: geforce Titan xp                                                                                                                                     PSU:XFX 850w pro

Case: Coolermaster HafX                                     CPU Cooler:Undervolted sp120 pushpull H100i                   Deathadder black edition-filco majestouch ninja 2             Monitor:    3xAcer H236HL 

try to contact the EA Help center, they really do a great job with customer support.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

^ what he said

It's true, especially the live chat support people :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

try to contact the EA Help center, they really do a great job with customer support.

^ what he said

Wait what? They must have hired new people then.... the last time I had to deal with them they just straight up said ok we'll take a look after we verify you have the game, then disappeared.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

^ what he said

Are you insane or did they hire new people?

Live support are morons

The phone support people are great.

Phone support is in the US and live chat support is in some village in India getting paid $2 a day to post canned replies.

Wait what? They must have hired new people then.... the last time I had to deal with them they just straight up said ok we'll take a look after we verify you have the game, then disappeared.... 

Are you insane or did they hire new people?

Live support are morons

The phone support people are great.

Phone support is in the US and live chat support is in some village in India getting paid $2 a day to post canned replies.

I don't know about your experiences but my experience was great. It was done in just 5 minutes.

btw, when you experience a bad support, it doesn't mean that all of them are like that.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200

I don't know about your experiences but my experience was great. It was done in just 5 minutes.

btw, when you experience a bad support, it doesn't mean that all of them are like that.

Of course not, but EA customer support was notorious for horrid customer support for the longest time.... A friend of mine purchased BF3 + premium and for some reason it didn't register on his origin account after he used the promo code. They basically just said they can't do anything and they can't refund his money and just up and disconnected. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Of course not, but EA customer support was notorious for horrid customer support for the longest time.... A friend of mine purchased BF3 + premium and for some reason it didn't register on his origin account after he used the promo code. They basically just said they can't do anything and they can't refund his money and just up and disconnected. 

Aww.. I guess he got unlucky with the support person. He could have tried again and someone else could have helped him.

Support outsourced to India is notoriously bad.

DELL lost hundreds of millions in business contracts because of their outsourced support to India

it got so bad they had to switch to US and Philippines support workers to recover the loses.

EA actually switched to using people in the Philippines for a few years

English literacy is on the 90-95% and they take their work a little more seriously

they are higher paid, have better protections, so they care a lot more.

Indian support, your lucky to get someone who doesn't hang up on you at the slightest sign of having to make any effort to solve a problem

or isn't eating food with their feet up on the desk while the talk to you.

They work in shit conditions, get even shittier pay and by and large live in shitty conditions

they'll do the bare minimum to get through the day and go home.

Support outsourced to India is notoriously bad.

DELL lost hundreds of millions in business contracts because of their outsourced support to India

it got so bad they had to switch to US and Philippines support workers to recover the loses.

EA actually switched to using people in the Philippines for a few years

English literacy is on the 90-95% and they take their work a little more seriously

they are higher paid, have better protections, so they care a lot more.

Indian support, your lucky to get someone who doesn't hang up on you at the slightest sign of having to make any effort to solve a problem

or isn't eating food with their feet up on the desk while the talk to you.

They work in shit conditions, get even shittier pay and by and large live in shitty conditions

they'll do the bare minimum to get through the day and go home.

True..

I think you got one of the crapper employees that probably hates their job

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Getting mnore than bit off topic there, guys.

Could we please have hardware and more detailed description on crashing? Like does it just stop working, crash on to desktop, blackscreen, BSOD, whole machine shutting down etc. So is hes windows active on all those drives or...? Windows itself is really rarely cause for single software not working.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

He has a asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 2500k not overclocked 16 gb of ram a 128gb ssd and 256gb ssd and a 770.He usually just crashed and bf4 will show him error 0000005.He did crash and bsod once at that point I had him remove 2 dimm's slot 2 and 4 .That seemed to help the problem but it still persists.The weird thing is he didn't have this specific crash until he got the new graphics card.Because if it was the graphics card why would removing 2 dimms help the problem.As of right now all 4 dimm's are in the rig.Back on topic though we tryed rolling back video drivers also that comes to no avail.We gave bf4 full admin privileges,lowerd the sound quality and changed it from surround to stereo but none of those fixes worked either.I just feel bad for him because before this error came up it was different errors.Im also thinking it may have to do with last patch because if I remember correctly it didn't start happening as bad until than.Some times he can run for 8 hours strait no problem at all than like last night,He couldnt even launch the game past loading screen. We've tried numerous re-installs of windows and re-installs of bf4 on multiple storage's also.As for EA customer support they ar'nt any help.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                                      RAM: 16gb kington hyperx predator                                                               Drives: 120GB kingston hyperx,1tb westerdigital caviar greeen

Motherboard: Asus Maximus hero vIII                  Graphics Card: geforce Titan xp                                                                                                                                     PSU:XFX 850w pro

Case: Coolermaster HafX                                     CPU Cooler:Undervolted sp120 pushpull H100i                   Deathadder black edition-filco majestouch ninja 2             Monitor:    3xAcer H236HL 

@robthatguy, seems that that error code comes after numerous problems. So heres few things you can try:

1) Manually update PunkBuster. In beta and early launch this fixed loading screen bug. Download updater from http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=support-bf4.php Add game and run updater.

2) Repair install for game. Right click over game icon in Origin and Repair Install.

3) Update Microsoft Visual C++ files with this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv