Intel 730 Series SSD - The New Flagship!

LinusTech

This video is Linus's most fishy video.

Maybe to avoid its price revelancy. This video is not ment for me.

Details where compared with each other in a way advantaging Intel.

To an extent. I got confused and just got somehting like ''better durability and performance consistancy'' + ''Twice as expensive capacity'' (which was not mentioned)

This video lacks faithfulness towards average consumers.

Avoiding to take all details into consideration when conclusion comes.

only costs 2x more then samsung evo

Maybe should of said that in the video. I doubt a conflict of interest Linus involving sponsorship.

This is the first time.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I've always used Intel SSD and I think its time for an upgrade 

Sorry!

I only said that it costs 2x more then Evo and i dont think that this SSD would start up the Pc 10 seconds faster then a evo, maybe 2-3 sec faster is that worth the double price?

I am not against 730 series, if i would have money to it i would spend on it,

No it wouldnt start it 10sec faster especially when booting with a evo in a relatively new mb takes that. But quick booted is not all a ssd is for in the least. As linus saod in his review is focused on consistent speed, especially with writes.

This video is Linus's most fishy video.

Maybe to avoid its price revelancy. This video is not ment for me.

Details where compared with each other in a way advantaging Intel.

To an extent. I got confused and just got somehting like ''better durability and performance consistancy'' + ''Twice as expensive capacity'' (which was not mentioned)

This video lacks faithfulness towards average consumers.

Avoiding to take all details into consideration when conclusion comes.

Maybe should of said that in the video. I doubt a conflict of interest Linus involving sponsorship.

This is the first time.

I said outright that it's not a top performer and I said Intel SSDs have a history of being on the expensive side.

I don't typically mention pricing in videos PARTICULARLY for products like HDDs, flash memroy, or other commodity products because it changes so fast and I never know when someone is going to be watching my video.

The video is not really targeted towards average consumers because the product itself is not targeted towards average consumers (another thing I mention in the video). This is an enthusiast grade part. The TLC flash in an 840 Evo has an abysmal number of P/E cycles compared to the enterprise grade MLC-HET flash being used in this one.

For average consumers that will never matter and the 840 Evo is a great product. It's just not "enthusiast grade" and Samsung never marketed it as such. that's why the 840 Pro still exists with MLC flash instead of TLC.

please refer to the 750D, where it has sleds that are on display with it's HUGE window

Yeah I know, my housemate got one recently. I already bought my Enthoo Primo, and granted there's an area I could potentially mod to show them off, but I'd rather not have to actually cut anything

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

@LinusTech thanks ive been trying to say that for a while now

Isn't that what PcIe SSd are for?  It be wonderful when those price comes down, which won't be anywhere near my lifetime. (I'm 31)..so in the next 20 years or so. I doubt i'll see it where it would prove use to my age in my 60s to 70s...

The hell? SSDs have only been commercially available since 2009. The have only been around for less than 5 years and PCIe SSDs have been around for less. Solid state drives are still in their infancy. They will be affordable in your lifetime.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I have almost 7TB writes on my 120gb Intel 520 so far not a single problem. Firmware update is really easy and quick. Still as fast as it new even with almost 70% full. I do trust Intel to give the best performance out of their premium SSD. And they usually bundle their premium ssd with 3.5" bracket,sata cable, and molex to sata power cable which you don't get to see other brands do that often.

For average consumers that will never matter and the 840 Evo is a great product. It's just not "enthusiast grade" and Samsung never marketed it as such. that's why the 840 Pro still exists with MLC flash instead of TLC.

Is there really that much difference between the EVO and the Pro? Because i have the EVO and my brother has the Pro, and his sequential reads and writes is only like 2 mbit above mine

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Is there really that much difference between the EVO and the Pro? Because i have the EVO and my brother has the Pro, and his sequential reads and writes is only like 2 mbit above mine

SSDs are not just about reads and since this and other things have been mentioned multiple times I will just direct you to linus's post http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121686-intel-730-series-ssd-the-new-flagship/?p=1686497

Generally speaking, the Pro is faster, but the EVO is directed more towards the average consumer/enthusiast.

Generally speaking, the Pro is faster, but the EVO is directed more towards the average consumer/enthusiast.

This is awkward, one of us is gonna have to change our profile pics

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

This is awkward, one of us is gonna have to change our profile pics

Wonder how often ^this^ situation happens... can't be a lot....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Thanks to linus and Intel im getting one for free :D

Feels nice to be a winner sometimes :P

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Thanks to linus and Intel im getting one for free :D

Feels nice to be a winner sometimes :P

Haha, gratz man. I remember when I saw your name pop up on the stream you lucky butt!!!!!! I'm still crying about it. But anyways, enjoy it man ;D

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Haha, gratz man. I remember when I saw your name pop up on the stream you lucky butt!!!!!! I'm still crying about it. But anyways, enjoy it man ;D

thanks man.. my heart rate went insane when i saw my name..linus could have killed me with excitement :D

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

The 840 Pro is just hands down better than the 840 EVO. The evo is only special because of the tech it brings for being a budget drive and thus the performance. But remember it is still more money than its direct competiton even though it has worse flash. Due to this it is by no means a enthusiast oriented drive.

• 3 weeks later...

*nvm wrong link on video, disregard post* 

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

• 2 months later...

The Customization.

Nothing technical can fit you and your purposes right out of the box,

so being able to fiddle aroud to make it your own with a standard skin is really appreciated.

Favourite part is the multi windows, no more slow switching between apps and youtube buffering.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to run Windows on SSD. The closest I've ever tried is the Chromebook, but obviously it does not compare. Dat 11 second boot though...

Not used SSD till now, but I think this is what I might get started with. Thanks for the video.