Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

not that I know of and thinking about it that wouldnt be the best idea as its not neutral. If your going for aesthetics dont could on it being cheap. I would say unless you have the extra money to spare black cables look plenty, though I am way more about functionality than looks. This doesnt mean I cant appreciate good looks, or when good looks come together on their own ill take it, but i would never lessen functionality or not use a certain component that I like better or is superior just because of looks.

I wouldn't mind paying 30 euro's for nicer cables but 100 is just too much 

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 G45 • Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro series 8GB 1600MHz •  Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB • PSU: Corsair 860• Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65• Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 • Monitor: LG 23EA63 IPS • Case: Corsair Graphite  600t

Yea I absolutely agree with you there. When I suggest a AX power supply typically will go with the 750, 850 or the 1200 for that reason. You could always go with sleeved extensions but I know that isn't what you want. Corsair needs to get there act together such a price disparity for something that shouldn't cost what it does. 

it shouldnt cost that much you say? How much something should cost is relative and since Corsair can charge that much and people are buying them why would they change the price? Also imagine buying enough extensions to outfit your entire PSU wouldnt that cost just about as much?

it shouldnt cost that much you say? How much something should cost is relative and since Corsair can charge that much and people are buying them why would they change the price? Also imagine buying enough extensions to outfit your entire PSU wouldnt that cost just about as much?

I'm comparing the cable cost from the previous generation to the current generation of the corsair power supplies. When I pay for a full set of individual sleeved cables which also include the 24 pin which you don't get with the full set with the newer kits and I'm paying a measly 30 dollars for a kit its just astounding that one would pay 100 dollars for the cables of the newer units. What would I charge. I would charge 50 dollars and include the 24 pin together with it. When the newer units come out whenever that is I would then drop them down to the generation one of the ax series price of 30 dollars.

At the price of 100 dollars I'm sure that most probably could manage to pay less for that then they would with the kit.

24 pin red 9 dollars

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71204&vpn=BFA-MSC-24ATX45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

8 pin pci e 9 dollars x2 for a single config

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71210&vpn=BFA-MSC-8PEG45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

sata cables 8 dollars

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71197&vpn=BFA-MSC-M4SA20RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

8 pin EPS connection

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71203&vpn=BFA-MSC-8EPS45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

At the lowest amount that would cost me 43 dollars in the states yup to expensive if you ask me for the people at corsair to charge people 100 dollars for that kit.

and if you wanted 4 pin molex they do that as well

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71211&vpn=BFA-MSC-M3MRK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

I LOVE RAM COOLERS. Especially that one

Thank you sir..

Thank you sir..

I like it as well I think it really compliments the rest of your build  with your blue sleeving :)

that looks like the back of my computer, i have no zip ties :(

When I was rebuilding my computer I realized I ran out of zip ties, and it doesn't help that the tape I was using was pretty bad too. I did it quick though so that the tape wouldn't lift before I put the side panel back on.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

I'm comparing the cable cost from the previous generation to the current generation of the corsair power supplies. When I pay for a full set of individual sleeved cables which also include the 24 pin which you don't get with the full set with the newer kits and I'm paying a measly 30 dollars for a kit its just astounding that one would pay 100 dollars for the cables of the newer units. What would I charge. I would charge 50 dollars and include the 24 pin together with it. When the newer units come out whenever that is I would then drop them down to the generation one of the ax series price of 30 dollars.

At the price of 100 dollars I'm sure that most probably could manage to pay less for that then they would with the kit.

24 pin red 9 dollars

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71204&vpn=BFA-MSC-24ATX45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

8 pin pci e 9 dollars x2 for a single config

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71210&vpn=BFA-MSC-8PEG45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

sata cables 8 dollars

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71197&vpn=BFA-MSC-M4SA20RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

8 pin EPS connection

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71203&vpn=BFA-MSC-8EPS45RK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

At the lowest amount that would cost me 43 dollars in the states yup to expensive if you ask me for the people at corsair to charge people 100 dollars for that kit.

and if you wanted 4 pin molex they do that as well

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=71211&vpn=BFA-MSC-M3MRK-RP&manufacture=BitFenix

Do every cable on the PSU and make them the full length I bet it would end up being only lightly cheaper if that. Also it corsair, what do you expect?

Do every cable on the PSU and make them the full length I bet it would end up being only lightly cheaper if that. Also it corsair, what do you expect?

Not every cable one would need. I went through and picked the most common cable setup that someone would end up using. I mean I get it why it would be expensive. I don't think all corsair product is expensive sure there power supplies can be a little bit more but not by a ton. There hydro coolers aren't terribly expensive. There high end ram is for sure however that is to be expected. I'm just stating that one could have the look of a fully sleeved experience with those extensions at the fraction of the cost of a 100 dollar kit from corsair. 

Not every cable one would need. I went through and picked the most common cable setup that someone would end up using. I mean I get it why it would be expensive. I don't think all corsair product is expensive sure there power supplies can be a little bit more but not by a ton. There hydro coolers aren't terribly expensive. There high end ram is for sure however that is to be expected. I'm just stating that one could have the look of a fully sleeved experience with those extensions at the fraction of the cost of a 100 dollar kit from corsair. 

I know you wouldnt need every cable but thats what corsair is selling you and why there selling it as a kit. Also if you notice I believe only their top 2 lines can use the sleeved cables if im correct which are PSUs that one would consider affordable, cheap (cost wise), or  good for making a buget build. Their Hydro coolers are slightly mor than everyone elses and in most cases are made by the same OEM though corsiar's do have a few extra features but it is still at time a substantial price difference even when comparing sale vs sale. They have to play the market especially when they offer basically the exact same thing as everyone else they cant just crank up the price. Same thing with the ram really but if you look at their top of the line stuff how many competitors offer what they do and im not just talking speeds here. If you go down a bit there about just in line with everyone else again maybe a tad more and usually those line done have anything specail to make them stand out. Yes you could and if your fine with that do it but it will never be a full kit that plugs directly into your PSU and replaces all the cables, which is what corsair has found a market for. Its all marketing.

I know you wouldnt need every cable but thats what corsair is selling you and why there selling it as a kit. Also if you notice I believe only their top 2 lines can use the sleeved cables if im correct which are PSUs that one would consider affordable, cheap (cost wise), or  good for making a buget build. Their Hydro coolers are slightly mor than everyone elses and in most cases are made by the same OEM though corsiar's do have a few extra features but it is still at time a substantial price difference even when comparing sale vs sale. They have to play the market especially when they offer basically the exact same thing as everyone else they cant just crank up the price. Same thing with the ram really but if you look at their top of the line stuff how many competitors offer what they do and im not just talking speeds here. If you go down a bit there about just in line with everyone else again maybe a tad more and usually those line done have anything specail to make them stand out. Yes you could and if your fine with that do it but it will never be a full kit that plugs directly into your PSU and replaces all the cables, which is what corsair has found a market for. Its all marketing.

Hence why I purchased the product from them myself I like the aesthetic and I liked the price it worked for me that isn't what I'm arguing. But fair enough it is marketing. 

Hence why I purchased the product from them myself I like the aesthetic and I liked the price it worked for me that isn't what I'm arguing. But fair enough it is marketing. 

yep, I mean wouldnt you do what they were doing if you were them trying to make monies? I mean if it didnt work as they would change it up to make it work or possibly drop it all together eventually. Case and point Antec's DF series cases.

yep, I mean wouldnt you do what they were doing if you were them trying to make monies? I mean if it didnt work as they would change it up to make it work or possibly drop it all together eventually. Case and point Antec's DF series cases.

I get why they are doing what they are doing. They know that you are spending the money on a already expensive power supply and they know that if you were willing to spend that amount of money on that power supply that it wouldn't be to far to think you wouldn't on the cables. My only argument really was the price compared to their previous gen and how huge the disparity was. I haven't paid much attention to Thermaltake honestly since there cases back in the day which were highly regarded there thermaltake armor cases. 

Some shots I took one day I was doign maintenance to some old (One was Pentium 3 I think) office PC's

The thing here, there was a fan, right along that hard drive, my mind blows away when I think what did that fan did to deserve that.

attachicon.gifWP_20130528_001.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_20130528_002.jpg

well considering that its a big box store computer and it has IDE cables you get a pass that wasn't your fault. Also who thought it was a good idea to position those drive cages that way the person that designed that should be fired :P

I get why they are doing what they are doing. They know that you are spending the money on a already expensive power supply and they know that if you were willing to spend that amount of money on that power supply that it wouldn't be to far to think you wouldn't on the cables. My only argument really was the price compared to their previous gen and how huge the disparity was. I haven't paid much attention to Thermaltake honestly since there cases back in the day which were highly regarded there thermaltake armor cases. 

Dont the newer cables have a smaller gauge (meaning their thicker). Sorry, I just remember hearing about that at one point.

Also what made you bring up Thermaltake? I havnt seen anything I was interested in the for years.

Dont the newer cables have a smaller gauge (meaning their thicker). Sorry, I just remember hearing about that at one point.

Also what made you bring up Thermaltake? I havnt seen anything I was interested in the for years.

oh sorry I put antec and thermaltake together sometimes there cases kind of mesh well together. 

The newer cables according to a video from TTL from Overclock3d he says they are a little stiffer and can be flexed a bit more a little stronger quality however to make a 70 dollar more expensive kit without a 24 pin is asking a bit much in my opinion. I personally would trade for a AX850 at that point and get the 30 dollar kit and call it a night screw the 10 extra watts. 

oh sorry I put antec and thermaltake together sometimes there cases kind of mesh well together. 

The newer cables according to a video from TTL from Overclock3d he says they are a little stiffer and can be flexed a bit more a little stronger quality however to make a 70 dollar more expensive kit without a 24 pin is asking a bit much in my opinion. I personally would trade for a AX850 at that point and get the 30 dollar kit and call it a night screw the 10 extra watts. 

its cool all i did was point out a line that tanked because they made modifications that people didnt like. The DF seies is now gone and the models that they were based on (the 300, 900 and 1200) are still here.

Edit: Whatever works to suit your needs it what I always say. And for me I could care less if my PSU is sleeved, as well looks are not my top priority.

its cool all i did was point out a line that tanked because they made modifications that people didnt like. The DF seies is now gone and the models that they were based on (the 300, 900 and 1200) are still here.

Edit: Whatever works to suit your needs it what I always say. And for me I could care less if my PSU is sleeved, as well looks are not my top priority.

It can really make your build really neat. I found that having cables that were sleeve individual made them easier to tie up in the back of my case then I had prior.  One day I'd like to learn how to do it myself. I now have two sets of corsair cables I very well could :P

that power supply  needs to be dusted as well you can see the dust from the north america to china. 

Make way people its time for me to enter

gallery_16690_89_267238.jpg

Considering the phone came out in 2006. Done worry, I took this picture before I cleaned the dust, about to get a bitfenix shinobi which has much better cable routing.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

this is my 3rd pc back in 2005 (the first one was with 40Mb hard drive, the second was intel celeron 433A)

AMD Athlon 1800+, Epox MB and GeForce 6600GT videocard:

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Those cases are horrid, i never understood why so many people got them.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

What does the other side look like sir?

Ok so I got an ok picture, had to move my system round to get half decent lighting (and it's still terrible). This is the other side :-)

IMG_20130706_132915.jpg

Looking at this picture, I'm not so sure my cable management is ok. It's much worse :P

It can really make your build really neat. I found that having cables that were sleeve individual made them easier to tie up in the back of my case then I had prior.  One day I'd like to learn how to do it myself. I now have two sets of corsair cables I very well could :P

I think this ended up looking pretty darn good (for now) without sleeved PSU cables.

IMG_3754.jpg