Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

My old PC had 7 drives all IDE (987gb from memory, couldn't even hit the 1TB!!!) and it's inside was an absolute nightmare. Had a window on it as well. Super awesome UV reactive IDE cables...

man, where some people here not around in the early 2000's? that would have looked pretty normal for back in the day. hardly any cases came with management holes!

still have my Antec 900 (the very original). was one of the best cases back in the day and it's a mess in mine!

my case don't have cable management build in 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I would just like to point something out I have always attempted cable management even when I was building PCs are far back as P3's. So not having a case optimized for cable management does NOT mean you shouldnt try and manage your cables. Yes, it may be harder but that doesnt mean its impossible in any shape or form. I need to go get a pic of the Antec 900 i just updated my friends system as that thing is a cable management nightmare compared to cases even a few years later alone todays cases.

@Pingypoker: You have no reason NOT to cable manage in your case and your system is probably plenty new and powerful based on the MB I can see. Also am I seriously seeing 2 molex to PCI-E adapters in there?

I think I win worst cable management. This was my first build; no idea what I was doing.

PTcfU.jpg

It was your first build you are allowed to make mistakes hopefully you've cleaned it up since. 

Oh the air flow!!!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Oh the air flow!!!

and the 80mm fan man have seen those IN A LOOOOOOONG TIME :P Here is one of my first builds after i had my socket 939 ASRock board the one with the am2 daughter card. On this build I even purchased heat spreaders for my ram dimms copper ones :P my cable management back then was less then stellar however the case didn't offer much in terms of hiding cables. However I loved those fans was a blue/purple color was bad arsh. 

563568_10201079782541328_1995105345_n_zp

and now! Although I have recently changed the the sleeved cables that corsair sells for the ax power supplies I purchased the white ones for when I upgrade motherboards and cpu to have a white on black theme.

IMG_2095_zps7821b556.jpg

My friends PC,,,,,, when i took this pic he actually said "why you taking a pic? because it's better than yours?" lol lets compair shall we.

His- 

P100513_1837_01.jpg

Mine-

IMAG0098.jpg

hhahahahahhaha yours is far better should tell him that ide cables are balling. 

Absolutely LOVE Garden Plant Ties from Canadian Tire. You get like 25ft of the stuff for $3 CAD, cut to length, and it glows with UV lights :D

Cheapest alternative to zap ties, velcro ties from your local computer store CANNOT compare in price.

You'll have to excuse the neatly coiled bundle of SATA cables because I had to bundle them that way in order to fit three (3) 3.5" HDD's, a single 2.5" SSD, and a 5.25" DVD drive into an Apevia X-QPack 2 mATX case, along with a mid-sized HD4850, TV Tuner, USB3.0 PCI-e 1x card, and a refurb OCZ modular 500w PSU. It works, and the case almost doesn't close :D

dblYIoll.jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

@threee6: the olnly thing I would have to say about your PC is that I hope you have fan in the top 2 120mm mounts otherwise you should really turn that heatsink a quarter turn to the left.

Absolutely LOVE Garden Plant Ties from Canadian Tire. You get like 25ft of the stuff for $3 CAD, cut to length, and it glows with UV lights :D

Cheapest alternative to zap ties, velcro ties from your local computer store CANNOT compare in price.

You'll have to excuse the neatly coiled bundle of SATA cables because I had to bundle them that way in order to fit three (3) 3.5" HDD's, a single 2.5" SSD, and a 5.25" DVD drive into an Apevia X-QPack 2 mATX case, along with a mid-sized HD4850, TV Tuner, USB3.0 PCI-e 1x card, and a refurb OCZ modular 500w PSU. It works, and the case almost doesn't close :D

dblYIoll.jpg

considering that your using a small factor pc you did a pretty good job. 

@threee6: the olnly thing I would have to say about your PC is that I hope you have fan in the top 2 120mm mounts otherwise you should really turn that heatsink a quarter turn to the left.

can't move the heatsink and my temps are fine with a phenom x6 1045t @ 3.4ghz the twin 120mms on my gpu fire a fair amount of airflow upwards lol

considering that your using a small factor pc you did a pretty good job. 

Thanks! The build is originally from 2008, got an upgraded motherboard/CPU in 2010, bumped from 4GB to 8GB RAM in 2012.

Next build I want to go forward with the Bitfenix Prodigy M (emphasis on the M) because I can keep my options open yet stay compact.

Or throw some ideas at me; I casually game (GPU price range $100-200), but am getting more into Media/Photography/Video work, and consume hours of YouTube.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Thanks! The build is originally from 2008, got an upgraded motherboard/CPU in 2010, bumped from 4GB to 8GB RAM in 2012.

Next build I want to go forward with the Bitfenix Prodigy M (emphasis on the M) because I can keep my options open yet stay compact.

Or throw some ideas at me; I casually game (GPU price range $100-200), but am getting more into Media/Photography/Video work, and consume hours of YouTube.

Man I love the look of the bitfenix prodigy. I just would make sure you put good cooling in there because motherboards can probably choke in small cases sometimes. Something like a h80i or a nh-D14. 

and the 80mm fan man have seen those IN A LOOOOOOONG TIME :P Here is one of my first builds after i had my socket 939 ASRock board the one with the am2 daughter card. On this build I even purchased heat spreaders for my ram dimms copper ones :P my cable management back then was less then stellar however the case didn't offer much in terms of hiding cables. However I loved those fans was a blue/purple color was bad arsh. 

563568_10201079782541328_1995105345_n_zp

and now! Although I have recently changed the the sleeved cables that corsair sells for the ax power supplies I purchased the white ones for when I upgrade motherboards and cpu to have a white on black theme.

IMG_2095_zps7821b556.jpg

Wow, many orders of magnitude of an improvement 

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Wow, many orders of magnitude of an improvement 

consider how long ago socket 939 was man hahah! We are talking 2003 10 YEARS AGO :P

consider how long ago socket 939 was man hahah! We are talking 2003 10 YEARS AGO :P

lol 2003 was 10 years ago...

wtf man

it doesn't seem that long :/

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

wtf man

Right! well for new computer builders its been 10 years since AMD was handing Intel there ass on a plate. Also if you notice my motherboard in that picture it was a abit AT8-32X which had 2 16x lanes for crossfire. But yea key of the story first builds are normally your worst ha!

abit_at8_32x.jpg

wtf man

For perspective I was 7 in 2003...

Right! well for new computer builders its been 10 years since AMD was handing Intel there ass on a plate. 

I still think amd will make a comeback

the 8350 did pretty well and made alot of controversy 

so with haswell sucking so much ass amd might do something

because I dont care about power saving I care about RAW PERFORMANCE! lol

For perspective I was 7 in 2003...

I was 9 but I was spending most of my time at my grandpas and he was teaching me about computers and when we took breaks from gawking at computer tech we would go weld shit lol

my grandpa was pretty dope..