DRN STN - wtf is it and where to buy it?

i would actually like it as my pc looks retro cool :D.... like i ave pc from old prince of persia times and rocking new games in it. but price is something i am not sure about and becose of windows 8 maybe screen is problem becose of touchableness (is it a word?) of it. and i guess you can change screen. but it is nice :D... and front place for optical drive looks like VHS :-) kind of like my childhood. dont really know why but i would buy it.

And than i would be like sergant Rex Power ColtBllood%20Dragon.jpg

I'd much prefer to see an AiO that looks like a regular consumer AiO, but fatter, with a mITX board and a right-angle PCIe piece, Like the RVZ-01. I wouldn't mind a less thin & light design, but this right here just looks stupid.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

How about red and orange, like this classis "pedal" car:

littletikes_cozy_coupe_ii_car.jpg

EDIT: Or is that yellow? Perhaps my eyes deceive me.

That seems yellow to me, but amazing idea.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

Looks like some arcade CRT television with a VHS slot. Damn, this thing is ugly lol.

I like how it froze @10:00 too lol. Lmao site is down too.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Anytime Linus posts a link...

2uh642f.jpg

CASE: Corsair 400R CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula COOLER: CORSAIR H50

GPU1: ASUS 6970 DirectCU II GPU2: VisionTek 6970 2GB

PSU: CORSAIR HX1050 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz

To me it is ugly in a good way.  Instead of the feminine, fancy crap we usually get with these all in ones we get this which looks suited for a gamer.  Rugged looking and something I would expect to use as I journey to Mars on a spaceship.  

As for the $1000 price tag I say ouch.  Too expensive.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Come on......did we break it?

post-3854-0-97551900-1393376555_thumb.pn

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I don't like the looks of it.

I'm more of a looks type of person. so long as I like the looks I'd grab one. but this one is just plain ugly.

Live your life like a dream.

the lack of outputs ,makes it not for me But Lan party peeps would love this i guess .

Only front audio tho im sure some 1 out there will do a case mod if they ever wanted & thus making it a srsly sick build .

water cooling case mods for the audio & other components i think it could be improved .I like it - but @ the same time i hate it .

The retro style look is killa ,Def- for the kids unless some 1 does the suggested case mods i was talking about . That's what im keen to see.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

Linus crashed the DRN STN website :)

Anyway, if it had less plastic i might try it out, i mean.. full aluminium body etc.. :)

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

I LAN at Least Once A Week so if this were tidied up aesthetically and had better I/O and was light I would highly consider this atm a ITX sized gaming rig looks more appealing compared to my phantom and quad and dual rad I have atm.

The Sad thing is the front looks fairly rugged like something the US would use on the battlefield but then the back and the internal chasis looks like a stripped down version of my mums HP its a shame I had high hopes this could be the answer. :(

The only question I have is... where do I put the VHS tape?

I was hoping that linus would leave the DVD drive in just for that look. 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600 (4.2GHZ OC) EK-Supremacy EVO AMD RGB - Nickel+Plexi | MB:Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7

GPU EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked | Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Corsair RM850i | Boot Drive: Intel 760P 512GB | Game Storage: Intel 660P 1TB | Storage Drive: WD Blue 4TB | Logitech G810 | Logitech G502 (Proteus core) | Pioneer VSX-520K+ 4x Wharfedale Crystal 40 Standing Speakers 150W 4ohm | Logitech G933

What about making a case that looks like that but edges straighted out., 360 intake & 360 exhaust in rear, PSU & mobo turned towards top.

Have the people who built that thing been in a coma for 20 years or something?

Or is retro computing gonna become a thing now?

Oh jesus, that AIO crashed with a punch at 10:00...

Yes, registered for that :wub:

Hey Linus, when you filled that case up with components you put it back in the wrong way! The reason the window is there is so you can see inside the case. I don't know how you managed to get all the cables connected to the case with it in back to front.

dronestation24.png

• 1 month later...

If only they sell that in Indonesia.

If only i can afford it.

it's around 200-300(theoretically but likely and they'll probably be shipping worldwide except for mexico cuz mexico is hell)

Hey Linus, when you filled that case up with components you put it back in the wrong way! The reason the window is there is so you can see inside the case. I don't know how you managed to get all the cables connected to the case with it in back to front.

dronestation24.png

Mine isn't windowed on the case... Maybe the intention is for me to just leave off the side panel..?

Mine isn't windowed on the case... Maybe the intention is for me to just leave off the side panel..?

Side panel? What side panel? These things don't come with a side panel! Why did you add a side panel when it doesn't come with one especially when it blocks the wonderful view on the components inside?

Yours certainly did have a window: http://youtu.be/kXQQ2qc45Ng?t=5m51s

• 4 months later...

Has anyone found a way to get ahold of one?

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

• 5 months later...

I love the design of this thing,and I love the idea,I think it has 2 mayor issues tho,build quality and price,well actually I can't find the price anywhere,but if it really is 1000$ then that's a bit ridiculous,for that price I was expecting it to be as hard as it looks,really,just make this same thing,but with a full metal body,or a harder plastic that can take a beating and i'm sold,or just make it cheaper,whatever works,like my comment on YT said,great concept and it's great someone is taking the risk of making it,but a shame it's a small company without the resources to make a high quality product.

• 3 months later...

I signed up to this forum and sought out this thread just to trash talk this PC.

But I just do not know what to say,  or where to start