Hive Fire (watercooled custom 800D)

Rakior

Lightplate Mod

18os8z.jpg

Made a collage of some stages in the making of the "lightplate"

What i dont have pictures of is the last layer in the lightplate, but its made like this:

1. layer 1: 1mm semi opaque white plexi
  2. layer 2: 2mm clear plexi
  3. layer 3: To reflect all light to top and spread it even i made a reflecting layer (this i could not make to thick else it would hit the radiator) so i made it very simple: I laminated aluminium foil (or maby called tin foil in the US) in a normal laminator. Then i painted the bottom side in same colour as case (black doh).

Probably a few guides how to do a lightplate on the web...

Only difference i made is: making it very slim, since i did not have much room to play with, else the bottom Radiator would press up against it. Now i have 1-1.5mm clearance.

Last Step: Add picture of Choise that i printed on OH film (Overhead film, not common anymore since all use projectors)

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

Sensational work man, creativity level is super high!!

Great job on the build

Sleeving looks hot ad the mid plate is inspiring

Can we bring back BOTW for 1 week just for this?

My room temperature exceeds 35 Degree Celsius with an Air Conditioner at the peak of summer ~ I would definitely use water cooling for a 4770k.

1150 is a socket most consumers use, and water coolings for a extreme builds soooooo with the mind set of it being a extreme build id have gone with a 2011 cpu  

He could be planning to hit up BYOC lans and want something fancy to bring along. I mean, unless you're going to 6 core, from what I understand, there isn't really a need to have a 2011 CPU. The one 4 core 2011, that at least is readily available here in Aus, is still outperformed by the 4770k in all of the benchmarks I've read. And you can still have 32GB of memory on 1150, which is going to be more than enough for 99% of people.

Personally I reckon this is one of the slickest builds I've seen, I wish I had the time + Money to do something like this

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

2hi0yup.png

Hey all :)

This is my first buildlog and my first pc where i custom changed the look of the case, parts in it, and it is my first watercooling build.

I have been subscribing to LTT for some time now and the weekly build log on the WAN show and many builds here on this forum is what inspired me to do this build. So i started to look arround for parts, i drew some mockups in photoshop, and finally decided on my theme. I did not want something i seen b4 many times (one colour builds), i also did not want a multicolour mess so my Theme is Fire. The colours in the build is red, orange and yellow. Most custom parts is in brushed aluminium and the fittings and res is in black nickle.

Build parts:

Case: Corsair 800D

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula

CPU: 4770k

Ram: 4x 4GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz

GFX Card: MSI GTX 780ti

Storage: SSD 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

HDD 2x WD Green 3TB

3x WD Green 2TB

Watercooling:

Radiators: XSPC EX480 in the top and EK 360 in the bottom

Pump: D5

Res: 2x Phobya Balancer 150 Black nickel

Fittings: EK black nickle csq 10/13mm and HD adapters 10/12mm and  90 + 45 degree adapters

CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm Black/red no led

GPU Block: EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acetal+Nickle

Fans: 4x Xigmatek XLF-F1253 Orange 120mm (rpm max 1500)

1x Xigmatek XLF-F1453 Orange 140mm (rpm max 1000)

3x Corsair AF120 Quiet edition Led red 120mm (max rpm 1500)

Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet edition LED Röd Xigmatek XLF-F1253 Orange - 120mm

Mods:

Custom sleaving: Paracord red yellow gunmetal and black, Mdpc for sata cables and front io

Painting of Maximus VI Formula vanity cover + locks for PCI ports and DDR

Removing Optical Drive Bays and replacing them with a Smoke Plexi window in front

Extending Backplate (covering big hole left behind removed bays

Building ventilated enclosure for the 4 Hotswap bays

Modifying backplate

Building a Light Plate in bottom to backlit Fire flowers img.

Backlighting for the custom aluminium details (in the formula vanity cover style)

Backlit ssd Holders in the back

Painting of dominator platinums

Modifications for top rad

Custom window panel

And many more things (refering to pictures is probably best)

Overclock (all stable during numerous stresstests):

Cpu:

4.8Ghz at 1.28v (this one i prefer since fans dont rev up more then to 45-50%= arround 700 rpm, during max load stress tests) (pump at 2/5 speed, not changed it for higher clocks)

4.9Ghz at 1.3v

5.0Ghz at 1.4v (cores max temp 68- 82 degrees celsius max temp during stress test)

5.1Ghz not stable just able to start windows

Gpu:

Just starting to test overclocks so ill post results later

First tests shows it has no problem with 1270Mhz boost and 1950Mhz ddr clock (stable and no issues, max temp 32 degrees during stresstest)

Incomming Completed build pics here:

jj7cdj.jpg

24ybs6s.jpg

r0pedy.jpg

2qlwmd2.jpg

2i6z9jo.jpg

build log pictures incomming in the post below (i managed to recover the photos i took during the build from my faulty Micro SD card so working on that post as i type this)Dude where did you get that 800D? I can't find one with that exact side panel anywhere

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

MB mod

s2fgx0.jpg

first i edited a picture of the Asus Maximus VI Formula to get an idea of what i hoped it would look like when done.

then some pictures along the way (taken with a old phone)

steps:

• painted the black nickle imitation parts (used tamaiya light gun metal spray paint
  • airbrushed the aleminium paint
  • filled in the groves with black paint
  • painted the grill and MB clips yellow/slightly orange and repainted the SupremeFX red

DDR Ram sticks mod

nowoqx.jpg

some pictures of the sticks in different stages of completion.

What many have asked is how did i color the lights. I used a good permanent markers (not opaque) to color this bit of plastic:

20r7ic4.jpg

NOT this bit that comes with the dominator kit (i used the clear ones)

16gbuxt.jpg

Backplate Mod

125gmqf.jpg

This was a huge task (well it took some time for me atleast).

Since i had taken out the 5.25" bays i had to extend the backplate to not leave a gaping hole i did that with a 1.6mm alu plate that i then painted in same color as case.

i also modified the original backplate by extending the cabel holes in centre, then drilling holes for each diod that later lights up the plexi behind the aluminium plates.

The Brushed aluminium backplates (3 of them) is made of 3 parts: 1 layer 2 mm plexi, then a layer of 0.2mm plastic i colored black, and finally aluminium plates i cut out to resemble the pattern on the Asus MB cover. The plates i then brushed to give them the look i wanted.

Finaly i wiered sleeved and conected all diods, i arranged them so red in bottom orange middle and yellow in top. (20 diods in total)

Case mod

21ot3j8.jpg

Well its beginning to be hard to remember all. but i cut open the roof to fit the 480 radiator and radiator plate. (the original hexagon vent holes in roof 3x120mm i saved and used for the sidepanel mod)

I removed the 5.25" bays and the HDD cage in bottom. (saved the Hotswap bays in middle and built a new outer cage for them using black plexi brushed alu plate and aluminium net for vent holes.

I changed the mid horisontal plate as you can see in the "lightplate mod" and extended and modded backplate as you can see in "backplate mod".

I removed the 5.25" bay covers and fit a smoked plexi window.

The side panel i modded by buying a second "back" side panel. then cut out a new window, not showing bottom compartment and making it bigger horisontally. i cut a rad coverplate and painted it red and mounted the hexagon cover i cut out in roof behind the red coverplate.

(the blue hive logo is no longer blue and cover the back of the cpu instaid of the black plastic  "door" that comes preinstalled, its made of plexi that i used a dremmel to grind the logo into then lit it)

Amazing :wub:

My 800D buildlog

DSLR: Nikon D5100/kit lense + batterygrip

nicr

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

You deserve BOTW my friend. This is beautiful.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

• 2 weeks later...

Backside

Not much to say (this is covered by a solid panel so noone will see this, but i have been asked to show it)

photo taken with mobile phone:

mb0me9.jpg

Hello,

Would firstly like to say what a fantastic build you have utterly stunning :wub: , Secondly would like to know how you managed to fill the system with this setup, As I cant see a logical way of doing it without filling the bottom fully and leaving the gaps in either res like you have.

If you could reply to my question I would be very grateful

Hello,

Would firstly like to say what a fantastic build you have utterly stunning :wub: , Secondly would like to know how you managed to fill the system with this setup, As I cant see a logical way of doing it without filling the bottom fully and leaving the gaps in either res like you have.

If you could reply to my question I would be very grateful

Let se if I understand the question correct before I anser it with photos/drawing. Are you asking how I filled the waterloop?

I have a fillport top right corner looking at computer from the window side. (I'll take a photo tomorrow to illustrate).

If I misunderstood the question please clarify.

/Hugs and thanks Rakior

Basically yes how did you fill the loop so both res tanks have the same amount of liquid without the bottom being full, as I can see on your pictures you have a gap at the top of each res which is nice incase you need to change anything the liquid isn't to the lid. I love the idea of using 2 smaller tanks like you have done and would like to do the same in my 900D but i'm worried of the filling process due to one of the tanks being upside down and well gravity not working in favour to keep the water even across both

Ps. sorry for the double post was using my iPhone and it messed up and double posted

Let se if I understand the question correct before I anser it with photos/drawing. Are you asking how I filled the waterloop?
I have a fillport top right corner looking at computer from the window side. (I'll take a photo tomorrow to illustrate).
If I misunderstood the question please clarify.
/Hugs and thanks Rakior

Bottom res is full to the top while top res has 3mm of air. Sometimes, if I crank up pump to max, some air bubbles can just make it into bottom res but not down to the pump. May be you mistaking the part where the plastic tube of the res is screwed together with lid of res as a air gap ( you can se same gap in bottoms of both reservoirs). Filling loop was easy, filled it using fill port, water ran down in 2 directions from port cpu-gpu-360rad-pump and 480rad-top res-bottom res-pump. I ran the pump a little then topped up then wiggled the comp alittle to get all air out of top rad. Ran pump on max to get all air out and filled up (but leaving 3mm of air that you see in top res since I want to see the water moving, otherwise hard if you don't use a coolant like mayhems aurora).

/hugs

Build of the week for sure, and probably month

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)