Hive Fire (watercooled custom 800D)

Rakior

if ytou can afford complete custom wc loops, dominator platinum memory, and maximus boards, you can afford ivy e

everyone has different budgets and different priorities. and who knows, maybe his options were Ivy-E with no custom loop or haswell on a custom loop. (and he said aesthetics were a big factor, so I can understand his decision) either way, it's his PC. just because YOU wouldn't do something doesn't mean it wasn't the right decision for him to make. 

I <3 800D builds even if the case is old and discontinued (sadly you can't find it any more :( ) I still find builds in them awesome and look just as sexy as a 900d or 750d build (Heck, I think it looks better than both those cases). Can't wait to see future progress :D

Life.exe is missing

I love that colour scheme! The whole thing looks really nicely put together! good job. :)

I think this should be build of the week.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

This is awesome! I love the color scheme. Also, how did you get the ram and pcie slots red/yellow? Did you dye them?

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

At first I was like: "Too many color, it's gonna look horrible" but in the end... men that build is sexy ^^

Absolutly in love with your rig!

• colour scheme on the sleeving: thumb.gif
  • the alu work: thumb.gif
  • LACED CABLES!!! :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I colored the plastic piece that comes with the original dominator platinum yellow,orange and red but left the plastic that comes in the dominator kit clear.

33o41ma.jpg

did u just paint over the plastic piece? cos i'd love for mine to glow red instead of the current angelic blue..night shot of your ram pls! thanks budd!

Still not finished build photos... but here is a pic. night shot (almost)from phone:2igi9.jpg

4q4tp1.jpg

This plastic part is colored. Not the plastic part that then goes on top of this one (that dominator kit one) that I used the clear not the blue one and kept it clear. To color I used good permanent marker and painted all sides. Warning don't use a opaque marker...

Always test first on something else.

Hive Fire - Build of the Month March 2014.

Simple 760t Mod - erly ideas for Corsair 760t Mod

I'll do my best to get proper photos taken tomorrow of finished build (have some stuff to finalise). .. and get them up ASAP.

recovered most of my pictures taken with phone during build (from fubar micro SD card) incomming soon

I would not have thought I'd ever like a multi-colour build this much,

but this one is really nice IMHO.

I also really like the tube routing between the GPU and the CPU block,

a very nice bend that is. And nice thinking with rotating the CPU block

90 degrees (I'll probably do that as well with my build when I finally get

around to finalizing the loop), makes for very clean tube routing.

EDIT:

Question though: Why only use acrylic tubing for part of the loop?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I wanted some more organic bends in the build so it dont feel so square. Just personal preference (so it dont feel so stiff)

One of the most unique builds I have ever seen!!! Absolutely love the front plexiglass!!!!! Simple mod but not one I have seen!! I vote BOTW!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Alpenwasser i just realised I used your tutorial for lacing my cables :)

Thank you for a excellent guide :)

Hehe, I suspected as much from looking at the lacing. :D

Glad you found it useful, nicely done.