[COMPLETED with TUTORIAL] Ambilight - Atmospheric lighting behind your TV/Monitor

I have some progress but I'm still not getting the wanted results.

What I've fixed:

Soldered properly, this time for Teensy++ 2.0:

GND on the strip goes to GND on the Teensy - Blue wire on my strip: GND - in a loop with the GND at end of the strip for better power injection

CLOCK on the Strip goes to PIN 1 (B1) on the Teensy - I believe it's not needed for WS2812B (?)

The Red wire on my strip: VCC that's actually 5V power (I don't know how I've missed this before) - in a loop with the VCC at end of the strip for better power injection - not connected to Teensy

DATA on the strip goes to PIN 4 (D4) on the Teensy - Green wire on my strip: DATA

I've edited the code with the new PIN number and now I'm getting the leds to flash in the initial sequence, however mine isn't RGB, it's GRB for some weird reason.

In AmbiBox the device appears connected on the correct COM but nothing happens, even if I change the capture method or even the mode (I've tried the Music one).

Any ideas? I'm using Windows 10, I don't know if that's affecting AmbiBox.

I have some progress but I'm still not getting the wanted results.

What I've fixed:

Soldered properly, this time for Teensy++ 2.0:

GND on the strip goes to GND on the Teensy - Blue wire on my strip: GND - in a loop with the GND at end of the strip for better power injection

CLOCK on the Strip goes to PIN 1 (B1) on the Teensy - I believe it's not needed for WS2812B (?)

The Red wire on my strip: VCC that's actually 5V power (I don't know how I've missed this before) - in a loop with the VCC at end of the strip for better power injection - not connected to Teensy

DATA on the strip goes to PIN 4 (D4) on the Teensy - Green wire on my strip: DATA

I've edited the code with the new PIN number and now I'm getting the leds to flash in the initial sequence, however mine isn't RGB, it's GRB for some weird reason.

In AmbiBox the device appears connected on the correct COM but nothing happens, even if I change the capture method or even the mode (I've tried the Music one).

Any ideas? I'm using Windows 10, I don't know if that's affecting AmbiBox.

There will be some sort of error with the code I would think, or the way that Ambibox is interfacing with the code. In Ambibox you can change the LED colour sequence from RGB to GRB, im assuming you've already done that. As you're using WS2812B's this is experimental and I haven't tried it personally, I've only used WS2801's. In the Ambibox software there are other applications that will natively work, the ambibox help page tells you what it works with but at a quick glance try this http://www.ambiledhd.com/

Well, the problem is that I don't get any output at all from any program (AmbiBox, AmbiLedHD, Prismatik, etc.).

I did change the sequence in Ambibox, but still no luck.

All I get is the "start-up" sequence of GRB when I connect the Teensy to the USB.

I know that this is experimental, but the French guy that I've linked to in my previous post has managed to do it on his Teensy 2.

I've changed the PIN again to B1 and modified the code, with no success. I'm using the latest FastLED version, 3.0.3.

Here's what I get when I build and upload the code from Arduino, before programming it with Teensy Loader:

In file included from Adalight_WS2812.ino:9:0:

C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:11:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.000.002 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3.000.002 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)
^
In file included from C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\colorpalettes.cpp:4:0:
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\FastLED.h:11:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.000.002 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3.000.002 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)
^
In file included from C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\FastLED.cpp:1:0:
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\FastLED.h:11:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.000.002 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
^
In file included from C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:1:0:
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:11:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.000.002 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:179:46: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int8_t __attribute__((always_inline)) lerp7by8( int8_t a, int8_t b, fract8 frac)
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:144:46: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int8_t __attribute__((always_inline)) grad8(uint8_t hash, int8_t x) {
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:134:46: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int8_t __attribute__((always_inline)) grad8(uint8_t hash, int8_t x, int8_t y) {
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:103:47: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int8_t __attribute__((always_inline)) grad8(uint8_t hash, int8_t x, int8_t y, int8_t z) {
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:91:47: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int16_t __attribute__((always_inline)) grad16(uint8_t hash, int16_t x) {
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:81:47: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int16_t __attribute__((always_inline)) grad16(uint8_t hash, int16_t x, int16_t y) {
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\noise.cpp:50:48: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
static int16_t __attribute__((always_inline)) grad16(uint8_t hash, int16_t x, int16_t y, int16_t z) {
^
In file included from C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED\power_mgt.cpp:1:0:
^
Opening Teensy Loader...

Sketch uses 6,014 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 130,048 bytes.
Global variables use 976 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 7,216 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.

And this is the full code that I'm using:

//
// Arduino interface for the use of ws2812 operated LEDs
// Uses Adalight protocol and is compatible with Boblight, Prismatik etc
// "Magic Word" for synchronisation is 'Ada' followed by LED High, Low and Checksum
//
//////////

#include "FastLED.h"

// Define the number of LEDs
#define NUM_LEDS 288

// Define SPI Pin
#define PIN 21

// Baudrate, higher rate allows faster refresh rate and more LEDs (defined in /etc/boblight.conf)
#define serialRate 115200

// Utilises FastSPI_LED2
#define FORCE_SOFTWARE_SPI
#define FORCE_SOFTWARE_PINS

// Adalight sends a "Magic Word" (defined in /etc/boblight.conf) before sending the pixel data
uint8_t prefix[] = {'A', 'd', 'a'}, hi, lo, chk, i;

// initialise LED-array
CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];

void setup()
{

FastLED.addLeds(leds, NUM_LEDS);

// initial RGB flash
LEDS.showColor(CRGB(255, 0, 0));
delay(500);
LEDS.showColor(CRGB(0, 255, 0));
delay(500);
LEDS.showColor(CRGB(0, 0, 255));
delay(500);
LEDS.showColor(CRGB(0, 0, 0));

Serial.begin(serialRate);
Serial.print("Ada\n"); // Send "Magic Word" string to host

}

void loop() {
// wait for first byte of Magic Word
for(i = 0; i < sizeof prefix; ++i) {
waitLoop: while (!Serial.available()) ;;
// Check next byte in Magic Word
if(prefix == Serial.read()) continue;
// otherwise, start over
i = 0;
goto waitLoop;
}

// Hi, Lo, Checksum

while (!Serial.available()) ;;
hi=Serial.read();
lo=Serial.read();
chk=Serial.read();

// if checksum does not match go back to wait
if (chk != (hi ^ lo ^ 0x55))
{
i=0;
goto waitLoop;
}

memset(leds, 0, NUM_LEDS * sizeof(struct CRGB));
// read the transmission data and set LED values
for (uint8_t i = 0; i < NUM_LEDS; i++) {
byte r, g, b;
while(!Serial.available());
r = Serial.read();
g = Serial.read();
b = Serial.read();
leds.r = r;
leds.g = g;
leds.b = b;
}
// shows new values
FastLED.show();
}

//////////

Because if I try to use this code, I get this:

^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:54:48: error: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
#define D2(ADJ) _dc<T2-(AVR_PIN_CYCLES(DATA_PIN)+ADJ)>(loopvar);
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:302:35: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
case 2: HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b1,0) D2(0) LO1 D3(0);
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:53:48: note: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' declared here, later in the translation unit
#define D1(ADJ) _dc<T1-(AVR_PIN_CYCLES(DATA_PIN)+ADJ)>(loopvar);
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:277:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b0, 7) LDSCL4(b1,O1)  D2(4) LO1 PRESCALEA2(d1) D3(2)
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:55:48: error: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
#define D3(ADJ) _dc<T3-(AVR_PIN_CYCLES(DATA_PIN)+ADJ)>(loopvar);
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:302:45: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:53:48: note: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' declared here, later in the translation unit
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:277:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:53:48: error: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:303:18: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
case 1: HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b1,0) D2(0) LO1 D3(0);
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:54:48: error: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:303:35: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:55:48: error: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:303:45: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:53:48: error: 'AVR_PIN_CYCLES' was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:305:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 7) LDSCL4(b0,O0)  D2(4) LO1 PRESCALEA2(d0) D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:305:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:305:67: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:306:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 6) PRESCALEB3(d0) D2(3) LO1 SCALE02(b0,0) D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:306:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:306:66: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:307:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 5) RORSC04(b0,1)  D2(4) LO1 ROR1(b0) CLC1 D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:307:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:307:66: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:308:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 4) SCROR04(b0,2)  D2(4) LO1 SCALE02(b0,3) D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:308:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:308:66: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:309:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 3) RORSC04(b0,4)  D2(4) LO1 ROR1(b0) CLC1 D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:309:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:309:66: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:310:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 2) SCROR04(b0,5)  D2(4) LO1 SCALE02(b0,6) D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:310:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:310:66: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:311:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 1) RORSC04(b0,7)  D2(4) LO1 ROR1(b0) CLC1 D3(2)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:311:42: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:311:66: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:313:9: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b2, 0)      D2(0)  LO1     D3(0)
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:313:32: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:313:47: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:315:18: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
case 4: HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b1,0) D2(0) LO1 D3(0);
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:315:35: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:315:45: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:316:18: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
case 3: HI1 D1(1) QLO2(b1,0) D2(0) LO1 D3(0);
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:316:35: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:316:45: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:317:18: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:317:35: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:317:45: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:318:18: note: in expansion of macro 'D1'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:318:35: note: in expansion of macro 'D2'
^
^
^
^
C:\Users\X\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/clockless_trinket.h:318:45: note: in expansion of macro 'D3'
^
^
^
expected '>' before numeric constant

I've ruled out the possibility of the OS, as I've tried the same thing on W7. I doubt that it's the x64 OS architecture's fault.

Right now I can just think of two things:

- scenario 1: my USB has some kind of issue, which would be odd, because the Teensy is seen by the computer and can be programmed

- scenario 2: this project doesn't work with Teensy++ 2.0, but that would be odd as I believe that the code and features are the same for all models, right?

I'm coming to Perth in two days, if you think you can spare some of your time to have a look at my build and come up with some ideas. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes to both questions, otherwise I wouldn't be able to program it. I also have no clue why the "start-up" pattern is wrong, as the code seems to be correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Any other ideas? :'(

I don't sorry, I would see if you can open the original script for WS2801's and compare it to the modified 2812 script. 

Because you are getting the colours on startup the self test is addressing the LED's fine. The issue to me seems like the way the script is handling the information from the PC.

Comparing them side by side should give some indication.

I've never tried it so hard for me to advise.

I don't think I've ever seen such a well put together post before...

10/10 for the Project 

11/10 for the post formatting.. 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

I don't think I've ever seen such a well put together post before...

10/10 for the Project 

11/10 for the post formatting.. 

I'll take that! Thanks!

This setup is about to go behind my 34" and im going to do a Raspberry Pi project for the TV.

Might be worth a new thread.

I'll take that! Thanks!

This setup is about to go behind my 34" and im going to do a Raspberry Pi project for the TV.

Might be worth a new thread.

Go for it bud, I wanna do something similar with my "Home theatre" system, might take my inspiration from you sir.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Go for it bud, I wanna do something similar with my "Home theatre" system, might take my inspiration from you sir.

yea so the good thing about teh Raspberry Pi setup is that it takes a HDMi input. So you split the HDMI running from your receiver, 1 goes to the TV the other into the raspberry pi. That way anything coming out of the receiver gets captured and then the ambilight works, so Playstation, Xbox, PC, Roku, Apple TV, etc...

I'll get around to it eventually...

• 1 month later...

I'm still looking for some ideas, please help? :)

I don't know if you have found the problem but :

Psu 5V 2A is really not enough. When the LED is white, each led at full brightness need 0.60 A

And you have  288 LED* 0.60 = 17.2 A :P

@d33g33 my dear friend, I cant wait for your raspberry pi project! please share with us as soon as you have something done! like, what you will need for project, which code...thx

• 1 month later...

20151608b083-3243-4d3e-af68-d1ad51a788a1I'v done exactly every step in this topic.everything works fine except if I turn back to the desktop and leave it for 5 or 10 seconds (don't know exactly),the led all turn off then I move the mouse a bit or press a key on key board,it's back on.This happen when I reinstall windows and also ambibox and arduino.the adalight code on arduino board is no touch

I think if no fps captured,the led will turn off,any option to remain it turn on all the time even no fps signal from ambibox?

I'v done exactly every step in this topic.everything works fine except if I turn back to the desktop and leave it for 5 or 10 seconds (don't know exactly),the led all turn off then I move the mouse a bit or press a key on key board,it's back on.This happen when I reinstall windows and also ambibox and arduino.the adalight code on arduino board is no touch

I think if no fps captured,the led will turn off,any option to remain it turn on all the time even no fps signal from ambibox?

Not sure, 

Been through these?

http://www.ambibox.ru/en/index.php/FAQ

Not sure, 

Been through these?

http://www.ambibox.ru/en/index.php/FAQ

yes I have,I mean it turns off led like it has time out and when I upload the fix code from #1,my problem resolved,but.after long time (1-2 hours) the led and arduino not respond,the TX LED on arduino flash 1 time per second and the led is freeze which not the same color as screen boder

yes I have,I mean it turns off led like it has time out and when I upload the fix code from #1,my problem resolved,but.after long time (1-2 hours) the led and arduino not respond,the TX LED on arduino flash 1 time per second and the led is freeze which not the same color as screen boder

Sounds like your system is turning off the USB interface for some reason, maybe try and adjust your power settings to "performance mode' or something similar and checking in the BIOS to prevent any sleep or suspension of USB ports.

Sounds like your system is turning off the USB interface for some reason, maybe try and adjust your power settings to "performance mode' or something similar and checking in the BIOS to prevent any sleep or suspension of USB ports.

I'v done that.not work.If my system suspensions USB port after a while, why it's doesn't happen in GDI FS capture method??

Looks good,

My coding skills are very bad, I have just pieced together other peoples work and documented my process, I cant claim I know much about the code written at all

Looks good,

My coding skills are very bad, I have just pieced together other peoples work and documented my process, I cant claim I know much about the code written at all

me too :(

• 1 year later...

it is very nice , but now i have use SK9822 led strip 144leds per meter to make this project , as led is high density , and frequency speed is also faster than ws2801, then the effection is much better