Out of Place

harmontt

This topic seems a little out of place on this otherwise all PC site. Any thoughts on this?

If it will invoke thoughtful discussion, I see no reason why it shouldn't be here. If it becomes a place for the trolls to troll, I'd say end it. It's a new forum, let's see how it goes for now.

Maybe we could use it as a place to send people who are interested in converting from console to PC.

I own both a console and a decent PC. I play games on both and consoles are "tech" so it works well I would say but yes it does seem like its going to be very tempting for trolls in the future.

Consoles are tech, though they are definitely not what gaming is best on.

I will admit, console controllers beat the hell out of keyboards or mice in some games (e.g. Skyrim) and I find games like Skyrim to be less immersive when I play them on a computer.

Some games are also solely console and, though this is a tech page, it is (heavily) inclusive of games. One of my favourite games of all time, Jade Empire, is Xbox only :(

Who cares if its out of place. As long as people post in it its fine!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

What does home theater have to do with PC's other than an HTPC?

Just because the forum is based largely on computers doesn't mean that people on the forum are not interested in the topic or would like to ask questions about it. Computers are pretty much my life but my best times ever spent on video games came from an Xbox 360. We can have multiple hobbies.

• 1 year later...

The first post in this section

Flying around the forum 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

What does home theater have to do with PC's other than an HTPC? Just because the forum is based largely on computers doesn't mean that people on the forum are not interested in the topic or would like to ask questions about it. Computers are pretty much my life but my best times ever spent on video games came from an Xbox 360. We can have multiple hobbies.

Yes I love home theaters

I have both a console and a PC and I love them both, obviously PCs are better but some games are just great when you play them on the couch with out moving your entire pc to the living room.

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY