Video Camera Stabiliser

Geekazoid

Hey there guys,

I'm looking to buy a video camera stabiliser for my Canon Legria/Vixia HF G10. I've been trying to find the best one in my price range that's easy to use and has good fine tune adjustment to balance out the camera well. I've currently been looking at the Glidecam XR 1000 but a few people have said that it's a bit fiddly to get right and well balanced.

post-14986-0-02543000-1393201306.jpg

It looks like a pretty good stabiliser to me but I do tend to listen, probably more than I should, to people's reviews of products but I know a persons view on a product can be subjective so it's kinda hard for me to find a good one.

My budget is around the AU$200 - AU$250 price mark so if any of you can come up with a better model than the XR 1000 and even Glide Gear ones (because apparently they're not so great) that'd be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Geekazoid

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

This stabiliser will be used for a wedding so I obviously want the product to be pretty good.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Pretty much any camera stabilizer is really fiddly and takes time and practice to get perfect, that won't change.  Glide Cams are good and you probably won't go wrong getting it, but I haven't really had much experience with stabilizers so I can't say much.

Pretty much any camera stabilizer is really fiddly and takes time and practice to get perfect, that won't change.  Glide Cams are good and you probably won't go wrong getting it, but I haven't really had much experience with stabilizers so I can't say much.

Hmm okay, well that's good to know. Thanks.

Well that is a good camera stabiliser, I would suggest looking into the U-Flycam or some of the products here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/flycamdslr/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I have heard good reviews from friends who bought the U-Flycam and used it with their DSLR's. Also these are looking well within your budget.

The Flycam Flyboy or the Flycam 3000-MB would be good choices to look at.

Well that is a good camera stabiliser, I would suggest looking into the U-Flycam or some of the products here.http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/flycamdslr/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I have heard good reviews from friends who bought the U-Flycam and used it with their DSLR's. Also these are looking well within your budget.

The Flycam Flyboy or the Flycam 3000-MB would be good choices to look at.

The Flycam 3000-MB looks promising. Thanks for the links. :D

• 1 month later...

Yes Flycam 3000-MB looks promising. I am also using Flycam 3000 from last 6 months. It's little difficult to use, but that's to be expected from any stabilizer. It took hardly few minutes for the first time. Very easy to setup and did not take much of learning curve to use. Quality as well as price both are best.

Recently I also purchased arm brace and body pod for my stabilizer,has made my work more easier.

I looking long time good stabilizer but my new 4K video camera Cost an arm and leg so hopping on one Leg

So i buy  Manfrotto 585 ModoSteady

First  test run Car Show wash OK in Finland cost only 90e

I looking long time good stabilizer but my new 4K video camera Cost an arm and leg so hopping on one Leg

So i buy  Manfrotto 585 ModoSteady

First  test run Car Show wash OK in Finland cost only 90e

Thanks. I'll have a look later. :D