G700 Vs G700s

sleezeep

Hey guys, so i have been slowly upgrading my peripherals and having just replaced my keyboard about a month ago, i am looking to upgrade my mouse to something a little fancier. I am currently using a Logitech M500, and i do like this mouse, and i have always loved Logitech peripherals. I am not tied specifically to Logitech but i have always liked their products, and love the support i get if it is ever needed. I have large hands and do prefer a palm grip if possible, although the majority of the time if i am gaming i use more of a claw grip out of necessity. I am also pretty sure i am set on the size of the mouse, while neither of these are available at any brick and mortar stores around here i did get to try the  Performance Mouse MX and absolutely loved the feel and size of it. Are the G700 and the G700s similarly sized to the Performance MX? I know the DPI is different, and the paintjob between the g700 and the g700s, but are there any other notable differences? The price difference seems to be about $20-30 and i really don't care for the paint job on the g700s, so if there are no must have features or fixes between the two would a g700 be a good mouse to get? I have searched and found a few issues, but alot of them seem to be a few years old, and i cant tell if the issues have been resolved. Any input is greatly appreciated and thank you for reading through my ramblings.

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

I like the G400/S, I own a G500 as well and stick with my 400 it's a classic no bells and whistles gaming mouse.  ^_^

Although i do like the look of the G400 (it reminds me of my old MX700) i really do like the size of the G700. Although that is if i am correct in thinking it is about the same size as the Performance MX.

Just get the G700. No point in getting the G700s.

But this is kind of what i was thinking, i like the more subdued look of the regular G700.

My Timewaster: i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz 1.19v, Asus P8Z77-V, Noctua NH-D14, Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 16 GB Corsair Vengance, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, HAF 912, Logitech G710+, G700

I think i am pretty well set on the G700, the new one just looks gaudy, plus i am always looking for a bargain.

I'd be interested in hearing your impressions of the G700(/s) when you get it. I'm pretty familiar with Logitech's software (I'm currently using a Performance MX myself, and before that an MX Revolution) I'm mainly interested in the size and shape. The two aforementioned mice are the most comfortable I've ever used, and I'm very used to the shape at this point.

I will be sure to do that. I ordered the regular G700 and it should be here on Saturday!  I chose the 700 because all they had at my local frys was a Performance MX, and i couldn't agree with you more it has to be one of the most comfortable designs i have ever held. But i am super excited and it is going to look bad ass next to my G710+. I will post an update with my initial impressions on it for you guys. Thank you all for your help in helping me decide as well.

+1 on the G700! I much prefer the understated looks of the G700 compared to the G700s.

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

Just get the G700. No point in getting the G700s.

I dissagree, my friend had nothing but bad luck with the g700 original, laser sensor was bad, and a lot of ppl complained abut that, the 700s has a different sensor, so going with the s model would be better, but maybe your one will be ok, wish i saw this earlier... and best of luck

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

The G700s has a few upgrades, like the sensor sensor, and hydrophobic coating. But thats about it. I'd go for the G700. That's the mouse before I got my M65 and loved it.

Well guys i am going to start this by raving how awesome amazon is. I placed my order on Wednesday and just got the free super saver shipping. When i went to look at whether it had shipped it told me that the expected delivery date was going to be today Saturday the fourth. It was on my doorstep yesterday morning at 9am. I am constantly blown away at how quickly i get my stuff from them, especially when it is coming via UPS. Anyway onto the mouse. First thing i noticed about it is the texture that covers the thumb rest, and ring and pinky finger rests. It is quite rough, and makes for quite an enjoyable experience, i don't feel like i will loose my grip on the mouse if i don't want to. The size is still a little small for me to palm grip the mouse, but I do have big hands and have not held many mice ever that fit my hands completely, but it is still very comfortable nonetheless. The layout is absolutely superb all the button placements, and shapes are very well thought out. My only complaint as far as the layout is that the button for the "free wheel" is a little further back than it was on my M500 but again not a big deal, just will take a little getting used too. As always it feels like any other higher end Logitech product very solid, with a great amount of attention to detail. Each button click feels very satisfying and none of the buttons feel too easy to push on mistake, although the buttons on the thumb don't have as much feedback as i would like, but again not a big deal. It feels just as comfortable with the cord plugged in as with wireless, and if there is any lag by using it wirelessly i haven't noticed any (although i have been using it for about a day at this point). The battery life does leave something to be desired, although i may end up just using it as a wired only mouse and remove the battery. Very smooth and feels far more accurate than any mice i have used in recent history, to be honest i don't encounter many good mice, at work its usually the $7 dell mouse or something similar. My biggest complaint about this mouse so far, and this may be the main difference between this and the G700s with the hydrophobic coating is that my hand does get incredibly sweaty if i am using it for a decent amount of time, the texture and the size of it almost promote sweaty hands. If i fell like its a big enough problem i may send it back and drop down the $30 extra for the G700s. But all in all it feels like any other higher end Logitech product, Well thought out, great design, and not outrageously expensive. Overall I'm pretty happy with it and i am glad i made the decision i did.