Graphics Card Pricing, What To Expend From Next Gen

Hello I am going to tell you some basic facts on what to expect from next generation graphics cards.

basic knowledge:

1. All graphics card companies (Nvidia, AMD ext) have set price brackets so no matter what the generation graphics cards will within the same price frame
  2. performance will increase only slightly so upgrading every few years will see better performance increase
  3. Average performance increase is 12-35%
  4. The price brackets are more likely to decrease than increase (This is rare but can happen)
  5. Release dates and specs are commonly rumours and expectations (Don't trust them) unless they are officially released by the company (Nvidia, AMD ext) 

Each generation of graphics cards have some basic standards that have been stuck to (mostly naming/ branding)

Nvidia:

Enthusiast:

Titan = Single GPU (Recent addition to the Nvidia Family, generally the full no BS version of the graphics family)

#90 = Duel GPU (Highest priced gpu) (Lowest Price to performance/ Still a good performer though)

High end Gaming:

#80 = Single GPU (Flag ship model)

#70 = Single GPU (Cut down version of the Flag ship model)- Best price to performance (Higher end)

Mid - High end gaming:

#60 TI = Single GPU (Different GPU(From experience) Flag ship model for lower standards)

#60 = Single GPU (Cut down model of the #60 TI) - Best price to performance (Lower end) 

Lower end gaming:

#50 = Single GPU (This is considered to be the budget GPU)

AMD:              

Enthusiast:

#990 = Duel GPU (Highest Priced GPU) (Lower Price to performance/ Still a good performer though)

High end Gaming:

#970 = Single GPU (Flag Ship)

#950 = Single GPU (Cut Down version of the Flag ship model) Best price to performance (Higher end)

Mid - High end gaming:

#870 = Single GPU (Even more cut down version of the flag ship model / Different GPU)

#850 = Single GPU (Even more cut down version of the flag ship model / Cut down version of the Different GPU) - Best price to performance (Lower End)

Lower end gaming:

#770 = Single GPU

Character artist in the Games industry.

Haha, awesome! This should help a lot of people.

It would probably make it easier for people to understand if you used the actual model instead of something like #60.

Haha, awesome! This should help a lot of people.

It would probably make it easier for people to understand if you used the actual model instead of something like #60.

reason why i did that was cause the only number that changes every generation is the first number, the idea behind the # was to replace it for generations to make the thread future proof

Hey Pixxie,

Just a suggestion but include a note for where usually there is the most "bang for the buck / value" that might help most people if they come to check out which they might choose.

Also maybe note that they're for current generations and possible future generations as some past generations have been named differently.

This is an awesome post tho to let people know of the numbering system. Nice clarity and keep it up.

Cheers

Hey Pixxie,

Just a suggestion but include a note for where usually there is the most "bang for the buck / value" that might help most people if they come to check out which they might choose.

Also maybe note that they're for current generations and possible future generations as some past generations have been named differently.

This is an awesome post tho to let people know of the numbering system. Nice clarity and keep it up.

Cheers

il add that now,

Nice! I like it. I think for the dual gpu cards it is spelled dual though :)

amd X870/X850 use different gpu's than the 900s, so I would change that

amd X870/X850 use different gpu's than the 900s, so I would change that

most generations are the same, very slight differences

AMD/ATI's 5870 was their flagship model, and the 5970 was their dual GPU. :/

AMD/ATI's 5870 was their flagship model, and the 5970 was their dual GPU. :/

they did x2 models but that is there older scaling system

• 2 weeks later...

cool thanks

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"