GeForce GTX 750 Ti

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1bh7vvf

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1GdH

Our review of NVIDIA's first Maxwell architecture graphics card, the GTX 750 Ti, actually includes TWO cards. We've got a reference design card from NVIDIA designed for maximum compatibility and we've got a non-reference one from ASUS designed for maximum performance (spoiler alert).

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Asus 750 Ti? I would be interested in seeing if it would fit into something like a Cooler Master 110. 

Slick sounds dead toward the end of the video. He was so tired he did not even mention Star Citizen. Just "Join the organization!".

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

This is a product that the market has needed for a while, it fills in the 100-200 dollar price to performance for those who do not want to pay for a gtx760 or a 250 dollar card in the "sweet spot".

So in brief -
It's 107 - Maxwell architecture (halfway between 104 and 110?).
Gets all the stuff you get from 650 + cards. (Shield Shadow, etc...)
30% more efficient
Low power
Less overclock restrictions
~$150 on Amazon ($100 < than 760)
Small form factors (HTPC/Steam machines)

760 performance was pretty close to the 660ti if I recall correctly. At ~35fps for Far Cry 3. So this is on par with both those cards

-All I've gathered so far

So should I recommend this over the 760 for friends lloking for a budget card?

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Asus 750 Ti? I would be interested in seeing if it would fit into something like a Cooler Master 110. 

About 8.5" (Source: Video from Paul's Hardware @ ~ 8:18) 

If you aren't sure about the clearance, then I think the EVGA SC version of this card will probably be your best bet!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

So in brief -

It's 107 - Maxwell architecture (halfway between 104 and 110?).

Gets all the stuff you get from 650 + cards. (Shield Shadow, etc...)

30% more efficient

Low power

Less overclock restrictions

~$150 on Amazon ($100 < than 760)

Small form factors (HTPC/Steam machines)

760 performance was pretty close to the 660ti if I recall correctly. At ~35fps for Far Cry 3. So this is on par with both those cards

I would say yes, although the 660ti costs about 200-250 also. If your willing to break the 200 mark than go with a windforce gtx760

-All I've gathered so far

So should I recommend this over the 760 for friends lloking for a budget card?

My god the reference cards are ugly. Looks like a stock Intel cooler slapped onto a video card. I would much prefer something like a single-slot version of the dual-slot reference coolers found on higher end cards.

"Rawr XD"

Quite powerful little fellows; Can't wait to see what their bigger brothers will bring to the table!

Cheers,

Linus

so 2 and 4 fps in the 2 games you benched is a big difference for the OC improvement with the Asus card?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

That placement on the Asus card is weird- it only makes sense in some SFF cases but there you would rather use the reference design and not run a PCI-E cable anyway.

looks like some other custom PCB cards have it in the more  normal location (only looked at evga)

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

650Ti never had it either. 750Ti Boost maybe?

Highly doubt it. I just would have liked to see SLI because it allows users to add that second card for a relatively cheap price and get decent scaling on performance without having to jump up to something like a 760 or 770.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

*Spoiler alert* Luke looks tired as hell in this video! The ref card is so tiny it reminds me of an old GeForce 2 card.

I am missing the 660 in this review.

I just bought a asus gtx 660 secondhand for less than the price of this card, so I'm still good.

But since Nvidia positioned this card between the 650 and 660, it would make sense to show benchmarks for that card to see how much less improvement a gtx 750ti gives compared to a 660.

Just checked on some other sites for reviews, and while at ultra settings you will still get more performance from a 660, at medium settings the difference is not worth the extra money.

Will be interesting to see how close a 750(ti) can get to a 660 at other aftermarket brands when they hit the market :)
Thanks for the review Linus !

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Would I see any performance gains, if I switched my 6870 out with this one? I really like the sound of almost 1/3 of the power consumption :)

Would I see any performance gains, if I switched my 6870 out with this one? I really like the sound of almost 1/3 of the power consumption :)

Not really. A 6870 is pretty much the same performance as a 650 Ti, which is more powerful then a 750 but less then a 750Ti.

"Rawr XD"

This new card seems very compelling for its price point. PCPer has a video/article about how you can take a fairly cheap PC and increase performance drastically with the 750Ti without the worry that the PSU won't be able to handle it.

The thing that REALLY excites me about this new chip is the size and power consumption. Mini ITX is finally getting more and more attention, especially with Steam Machines coming out. My big issue with all the enthusiast ITX cases being shown off is that they are all WAY bigger than I would want. The whole idea of ITX is to get as small as possible, IMO. So imagine having a case that isn't designed to fit a giant GTX 780, or even a dual slot card at all. The 750Ti is also just the first Maxwell card that we are seeing, and it is still on a 28nm process. Also realize that the 750Ti is able to play games at higher resolutions AND framerates than an Xbox One. I would find it fairly reasonable to see a very small Steam Box with a 750Ti or similar chip in the near future and the whole system could cost the same as or even less than an Xbox One.

What an ugly midget card :D

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Can i use it with my Alienware x51 with 330w without problems ?

Those boost clocks...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

-

Just built a PC for a client, I got 70 fps average 1080p BF4 Medium/High settings.