Rocksmith 2014 for learning Guitar?

Assassin

I was thinking of learning how to play Guitar. do you think Rocksmith is an effective solution? Also what guitar should I use? Budget around 150$ U.S

PS: Not sure of Rocksmith qualifies as a game. Sorry!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I have been playing for 10+ years. I taught myself and have given lessons to a lot of people. I have heard rocksmith helps people starting out but I would also get literature and some DVD's to go along with it.

you can find a cheap electric at Guitar center for around 150 US.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Thanks. I have been looking at this for a while. Just had to confirm my doubts. :D

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Just make sure you have the guys at guitar center set it up for you. They don't come set up at the factory. What kind of music so you plan on playing?

Hail Sithis!

rocksmith is ok, but default songs are awful. And dlcs are not cheap. I recommend you grab it on PC, and make your own songs, or download from smithyanvil forums

Also they have their own way of showing the notes. You have to get used to it. I recommend you to grab guitar pro 6 too

Not sure about rocksmith,but YouTube has a ton of helpful videos and there are a lot of websites with tabs and chords. That's how I learned to play guitar.

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

It's decent for learning I guess. There are beginner lessons like from YouTube just more interactive. Also playing it as a game makes it doubly fun.

The learn a song part is great, once you've gotten the basics, you can see the difficulty go up. You can slow down songs and get a feel of it before you play at full speed

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

I was thinking of learning how to play Guitar. do you think Rocksmith is an effective solution? Also what guitar should I use? Budget around 150$ U.S

PS: Not sure of Rocksmith qualifies as a game. Sorry!

Take a look at Freddie VS Brandon xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?