Are you aware of what's happening in Venezuela?

Nicolas

So, hopefully some of you know, that there's some stuff going on right now here, where I live, in Venezuela, I'm just posting this on here because we are trying to raise global awareness of the situation, look it up online if you are interested, if you speak Spanish just read #12FVnzlaEnLaCalleNicolasPaElCoñoTeVas or #conclu12f on twitter and you will get an idea if you don't speak spanish just see the pictures, anyways I will briefly explain it.

Basically we are in total repression, we are being deprived of unbiased news so we aren't aware of what's going on, but they are failing at it thanks to twitter, NTN24 (colombian news) has been taken down from tv here and the website has been blocked for giving news about what's going on, today there was a pacific protest, pretty much countrywide, or it was pacific until the government started being violent, over 30 wounded by bullets and 3 university student shot dead, that's nothing new, over 300.000 people have been killed in the last 10 years, about 73 per day are killed. And they are still saying that the opposition is starting the violence, while every single leader is calling peace, there's no freedom of speech or anything, they just step on the constitution, now they are trying to deprive us from our constitutional right of protesting pacifically, this is a fake government, they were "elected" in april last year after the death of Chavez, whose government was no different that this one, everybody knows it was a fraud, but because they couldn't give 2 shits about the law, they didn't even reply to the petition from the opposition of re-counting the votes, because they know we know it was a fraud.

With this I'm not asking for help or anything, I'm just trying to raise awareness of the situation, if you can just let people know, I would be very thankful.

Thanks.

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Oh wow, sounds pretty scary.  Stay safe please!

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

That does not sound like an ideal situation to be in.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

That does not sound like an ideal situation to be in.

It most certainly isn't

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

You say it has been going on for 10 years, has the violence always been like this? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You say it has been going on for 10 years, has the violence always been like this? 

It's been going in increments, but since october 2012, the last time Chavez won the election, it has gone up rapidly

EDIT: and to be honest, Chavez won for the first time in december 1998, so it's been going on for 15 years, but the first 5 years were nothing compared to now, and even up until ~2011 we were fine, in this stupid government system and with a lot of corruption and stuff but it was fine for the most part, since then it's been really going nuts. To give you some prespective of how much Chavez ruined the country, in 1997, a dollar was worth 0.49 Bolivares (Our currency) and now it's about 87 Bolivares (That's black market, since there's exchange control we can't but dollars legally, we can only spend 300 dollars on the internet, and can buy 2500$ for travel)

If you watch sources from Vice, or read news on NYT, RT you can learn a lot about these struggles.

Stay safe man, I will definitely share this among my peers and at school. 

iMac 27in. @ 4.3GHz l 32GB Ram l 512GB Flash l GTX 780M 

Mac Pro @ 3.5GHz 6 Core l 64GB Ram l 512GB PCIe Flash l Dual AMD FirePro D700

Keep on doing what you're doing, if you are being wronged tell it how it is.

Damn corrupt governemnts everywhere... It also happens here in the Philippines. I'm just glad that it never escalated like what happened to your country.

Stay safe dude!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

It can't be that horrible if you haven't fled the country?

Best of luck.

I haven't fled because it's still livable, and I just don't want to, I would feel like I'm turning my back to my country that is in need, and mainly because if I have to I can flee, I have Spanish nationality, so if the time comes I could just burn my venezuelan passport and gtfo, but I just don't want to

Fair enough, I'd turn my back on my country in a flash, I'm such a true patriot. 

I used to think like that until I learned to speak english, so when I traveled I realized how nice the people is here, like when you get on an elevator you say Good afternoon/morning/whatever and stuff like that and people receive it with a smile, I find in other countries people just don't give a shit, and ever since I just have gotten too attached to my people here, I'm not saying people in other countries are assholes, I'm saying the people here is too nice, and I guess that's what's been keeping me from going away, also I'm only 15, so I can't do much, but my dad has been trying to convince to go to university in other countries, but I just don't want to.

Well,they're trying to bring the change.I don't know how much more it takes for something to happen here.All politicians are shit,and you can't be a politican without a criminal record.Everything is corrupted,from schools to hospitals,to the gov. and the president,too.Recently,a plane crashed somewhere.Everyone was alive after the crash,they called 112(equivalent of 991),but,in the end, 2 persons died,they died of hipothermy.Why?Because it took 8 hours for them to be found,and not by the people who should have,but by some locals.There were 6 phones,all smartpones,and 2 had 3G network,and they failed to locate those,while they spy on us just like the NSA does.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well,they're trying to bring the change.I don't know how much more it takes for something to happen here.All politicians are shit,and you can't be a politican without a criminal record.Everything is corrupted,from schools to hospitals,to the gov. and the president,too.Recently,a plane crashed somewhere.Everyone was alive after the crash,they called 112(equivalent of 991),but,in the end, 2 persons died,they died of hipothermy.Why?Because it took 8 hours for them to be found,and not by the people who should have,but by some locals.There were 6 phones,all smartpones,and 2 had 3G network,and they failed to locate those,while they spy on us just like the NSA does.

It seems to me that you are fine as long as you don't have to be scared someone is going to kill you in a traffic jam

Colombian reporting in, yeah, ive heard about it. Insane that the guy who won for president won. Colombia has its problems too which are also very bad. Since the mayor of bogota got taken out of commnd (dont know how to put it) theres been protests and stuff. Its been tough for the 2 coontries. Im dont live in colombia right now (i live in Canada) but i cant imagine how hard it must be for all of you down there. Stay safe, and good luck

Were you and others you know a Chavez/Maduro supporter or a Capriles supporter?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Were you and others you know a Chavez/Maduro supporter or a Capriles supporter?

pretty much all of my friend my age hate maduro and hated chavez to death, some of them have parents that support them (because they are in on the corruption and get a crap ton of money) and they say the are ashamed of that, but pretty much nobody from the upcoming generation supports them, and it's not that they support capriles, because there are a couple of leaders like him (leopoldo lopez, maria corina machado and henri falcon) so they don't support just capriles, they support the opposition, but yeah, maybe when maduro "won" there was still like 40% of the country that did vote for him, (which has another explanation that has a lot to do with chavez being a genius, but I'm not getting into that) but now there's not even a sliver of a chance that there are more than 20% supporting them, a lot of people say the supported chavez, but they do not support maduro at all.

UPDATE:

Twitter blocked by Cantv (The biggest isp, owned by the government) Luckily I got hotspot shield, and now a ton of people too!

UPDATE:

Twitter blocked by Cantv (The biggest isp, owned by the government) Luckily I got hotspot shield, and now a ton of people too!

Damn, thank god for VPN's.

You should be downloadin more VPNs just incase Hot Spot Shield gets blocked somehow

Damn, thank god for VPN's.

You should be downloadin more VPNs just incase Hot Spot Shield gets blocked somehow

Yeah I also have a friend in the us who has a hamachi server , and AFAIK, if I'm connected to it it works the same way as a VPN(could be wrong tho) but I don't know if they would have a way to block that.

Anotherr update: CNN's signal blocked from intercable (2nd biggest isp, big tv provider)

It can't be that horrible if you haven't fled the country?

Best of luck.

Bro, there is an entity wich controls the exchange rate, you cant switch currencies just like that.... for traveling you need to ask for "lets say a permit" which allows you a certain amount of money USD 2.500 via credit card and USD 400 for internet purchases an "official rate" currently set at 11.30 bolivares per USD (This also depends on where you are traveling, most places in America have even less amounts attributed when you apply for this)

Also because the ammounts of money you can travel with are so small and ultimately unsuficient we are forced to buy USD on the black market, prices of USD on it are up to 100 bolivares pero USD (yes, official exchaneg rate is 11.30 = 1 USD unoficial 100 = 1USD)

So you can't just get your things and move away, theres just no way to do that.

Main Rig: i7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI MPower Z77, Corsair H60, MSI GTX 780 LightningI, Ultra X4 1050Watts, 128gb SSD, 4tb Storage.

Lappy: ASUS G46VW i7 3630QM,  16Gb Corsair Vengeance, 128gb SSD, 500gb HDD, 1600x900 Screen. 

Guys if you are still intrested on getting info from whats going on you can search on YouTube for videos related be aware the media controlled by the government is also poutting up videos claiming "coup d' etat" which by all means has been false so far.

Search terms you can use: 12F, 13F 14F, 15F, (these are dates we have been protesting, be sure to set the search filter to recent videos so you skim through useless info)

Also there are YouTube channels that have been compiling videos from all around, keep an eye out for those.

And finally a warning, some videos show violence, blood etc... so be aware.

Main Rig: i7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI MPower Z77, Corsair H60, MSI GTX 780 LightningI, Ultra X4 1050Watts, 128gb SSD, 4tb Storage.

Lappy: ASUS G46VW i7 3630QM,  16Gb Corsair Vengeance, 128gb SSD, 500gb HDD, 1600x900 Screen.