[unconfirmed!] Samsung 4K TN monitors 60hz (with DP 1.2) under $1000.

Kiwiandapple

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1390891132

Found on reddit.com/r/gamingpc at this post. (danish/google translated version of above english link)

samsungud590.jpg

In short:

• Size: 28"
  • Resolution: 3840x2160 (4K)
  • Panel type: TN
  • Response time: 1ms
  • Refresh Rate: DP1.2 60hz / HDMI 1.4 30hz.
  • Price(~): 4500DKK / 812USD / 613EUR. (4500DKK with 25% tax.) 

I honestly wonder how accurate that price will be.

When I translate the half translated price part. I get..(thanks to Matt!) "Samsung UD590  is coming to Northern Europe in spring with a suggested price of 4500 DKK"

And I have no idea how well we can trust that post in the first place. 

Will have to wait and see but this can be amazing. 

Edit: Thanks @MattHaugland for a translation.

"The accurate translation of what they wrote about the monitor at that danish page.

The screen is based on a TN panel, which is not suitable for image and video editing, but instead helps to keep costs down and ensure a fast response time of 1 ms. Viewing angles on the other hand are limited to 170/160 degrees and a color reproduction of only 6-bit + FRC (Update: Samsung says that the panel is 8-bit + FRC). The contrast ratio is 1000:1. The monitor can be connected to a PC via HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort, but requires DisplayPort to run 4K at 60 Hz (HDMI doing only 30 Hz).

Samsung UD590  is coming to Northern Europe in spring with a suggested price of 4500 DKK (aprox. 820$). Samsung Nordic makes no mention of the better UD970 with PLS panel, so we expect that it’ll be announced later this year.
"

Edit: Thanks @Notional for the English article link. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl=en&tl=da&js=n&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flatpanels.dk%2Fnyhed.php%3Fsubaction%3Dshowfull%26id%3D1390888619

Found on reddit.com/r/gamingpc at this post

samsungud590.jpg

In short:

I honestly wonder how accurate that price will be. Google translate talks about 4500 danish krones. That is 820USD or 613EUR.

When I translate the half translated price part. I get.. "Samsung's UD590 will Nordic the leap of with an Indicative prize in 4500 crowns"

awesome brah I can't wait to be able to afford one of these...

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

not ips.............

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

not ips.............

I died

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

yes more 4k monitors, to bad is still going be a while to get decent priced non TN screens 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Make sense that falls in line with the rest of the TN 4k panels.

Personally I'd never spend anywhere near that for a monitor that doesn't have an adjustable stand. Beautiful, sure, but I prefer something with functionality.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

In short:

• Price(~!?¿¡~): 4500DKK / 812USD / 613EUR.

"Samsung's UD590 will Nordic the leap of with an Indicative prize in 4500 crowns"

Agreed.

If TN is what it takes to get more cheaper 4K monitors out there, then so be it. Cheap IPS panels will come eventually.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

The 4500 DKK is the MSRP. Flatpanels.dk is also the biggest site for, well, flatpanels, in Denmark, so the information should be accurate.

It also seems to be a direct competitor to Asus' upcoming PB287Q, priced around the same.

Dell is the best for 4k monitors still it seems.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Agreed.

If TN is what it takes to get more cheaper 4K monitors out there, then so be it. Cheap IPS panels will come eventually.

Yeah, I can't wait for an IPS 4K under $1000. 

The 4500 DKK is the MSRP. Flatpanels.dk is also the biggest site for, well, flatpanels, in Denmark, so the information should be accurate.

It also seems to be a direct competitor to Asus' upcoming PB287Q, priced around the same.

Cheers! I had no idea about how much I could trust this information, so it's pretty good someone can confirm that it's not bad. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Agreed.

Yeah, waiting sucks but such is life. I'll personally be waiting for IPS panels but it's nice to see the 4K panels hitting market soon.

The accurate translation of what they wrote about the monitor at that danish page.

The screen is based on a TN panel, which is not suitable for image and video editing, but instead helps to keep costs down and ensure a fast response time of 1 ms. Viewing angles on the other hand are limited to 170/160 degrees and a color reproduction of only 6-bit + FRC (Update: Samsung says that the panel is 8-bit + FRC). The contrast ratio is 1000:1. The monitor can be connected to a PC via HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort, but requires DisplayPort to run 4K at 60 Hz (HDMI doing only 30 Hz).

Samsung UD590  is coming to Northern Europe in spring with a suggested price of 4500 DKK (aprox. 820$). Samsung Nordic makes no mention of the better UD970 with PLS panel, so we expect that it’ll be announced later this year.

The accurate translation of what they wrote about the monitor at that danish page.

Samsung UD590  is coming to Northern Europe in spring with a suggested price of 4500 DKK (aprox. 820$). Samsung Nordic makes no mention of the better UD970 with PLS panel, so we expect that it’ll be announced later this year.

Thanks for that. Will edit this into the post! 

IF you watch CES footage this is suppose to be  PLS panel whether the price is correct is another story

>Samsung

YES

>4K

YES

>60Hz at 4K

YES

>Around $800

YES

>TN panel

CARES GIVEN, ZERO

DO WANT!

COMIC SANS

ill be ordering soon as its released. its what i built this rig for! i may add a 3rd 780 to cope

IF you watch CES footage this is suppose to be  PLS panel whether the price is correct is another story

The PLS panel is a different one, it's the UD970. Where they did not talk about yet. And will have a higher price for sure.

"Samsung Nordic makes no mention of the better UD970 with PLS panel, so we expect that it’ll be announced later this year." translated out of the article.

Oh my mistake either way. Just because its a Tn panel doesnt make it bad. I would have already bought the Dell if it wasnt 30hz limited. Alot of people go eww Tn because there use to seeing Cheap Tn panels . I wonder if its the same 4k panel that Asus and Leveno are using that are both suppose to release end of march. and strangely enough both have very similar specs

Y U NO use flatpanels english site? http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1390891132

Also remember that prices are generally quite high in Denmark and includes 25% VAT.

Flatpanels is the best site for monitors and tv's in Denmark, where they calibrate all screens on reviews.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

wow that looks really sleek to bad its tn i hope the pls version have vesa mounts.

Oh my mistake either way. Just because its a Tn panel doesnt make it bad. I would have already bought the Dell if it wasnt 30hz limited. Alot of people go eww Tn because there use to seeing Cheap Tn panels . I wonder if its the same 4k panel that Asus and Leveno are using that are both suppose to release end of march. and strangely enough both have very similar specs

DisplayPort 1.2 = 60hz ! :) 

Y U NO use flatpanels english site? http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1390891132

Also remember that prices are generally quite high in Denmark and includes 25% VAT.

Flatpanels is the best site for monitors and tv's in Denmark, where they calibrate all screens on reviews.

I honestly google'd flatpanels... god damnit. Thanks. I'll edit the post! 

its 60hz, I dont mind that it is TN. Ive used TN all my life and this is probably a better implementation.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

generally when something is 800 euro including VAT its going to be 800 USD. there actually paying more do to VAT. however it make in terms of easy translation,  anytime you see a price in euro just figure it will be the same in usd Ie 1000 = 1000

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1390891132

Found on reddit.com/r/gamingpc at this post. (danish/google translated version of above english link)

samsungud590.jpg

In short:

• Price(~): 4500DKK / 812USD / 613EUR. (4500DKK with 25% tax.) 

I honestly wonder how accurate that price will be.

When I translate the half translated price part. I get..(thanks to Matt!) "Samsung UD590  is coming to Northern Europe in spring with a suggested price of 4500 DKK"

Edit: Thanks @MattHaugland for a translation.

"The accurate translation of what they wrote about the monitor at that danish page.

Samsung UD590  is coming to Northern Europe in spring with a suggested price of 4500 DKK (aprox. 820$). Samsung Nordic makes no mention of the better UD970 with PLS panel, so we expect that it’ll be announced later this year."

Edit: Thanks @Notional for the English article link. 

Or you could just get this 4k tv 39 inches http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00DOPGO2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392249002&sr=8-1&keywords=4k+tv

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."