Which Star Citizen Ship?

Okay, so I've decided I'd like to enter into the "mercenaries" group, but I'm stuck on which ship to go for. I'm my budget for the game is $100 and I'm currently stuck between the Avenger and the 325A fighter.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Give me 20 minutes, and I will edit this post with my response. I'm going to go look it up right now. 

:D

//CCap

{editing}

//ccap

Well lets start off with an overview on each ship:

The Avenger:

# Stock weapons and upgrades.

# More Cargo space.

# Better engine.

325A:

# Better weapons and upgrades suited to mercenary work. 

# More maneuvering thrusters.

# One more weapon slot.

Now onto the decision section:

They're both evenly matched with each being better in different aspects and worse in others. So if you need cargo space and speed, go for the Avenger. If you want better 'stock' weapons, more weapons, more agility and upgrade slots, go for the 325A.

Feel free to ask more questions too!

See you in the 'verse!

- Samo

PS: I have a Constellation and a Retaliator :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

The Avenger:

# More Cargo space.

# Better engine.

325A:

# One more weapon slot.

They're both evenly matched with each being better in different aspects and worse in others. So if you need cargo space and speed, go for the Avenger. If you want better 'stock' weapons, more weapons, more agility and upgrade slots, go for the 325A.

See you in the 'verse!

- Samo

Yeah, I did look under my bed, but I couldn't find a spare $100 lying around to afford the Constellation.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

The Avenger:

# More Cargo space.

# Better engine.

325A:

# One more weapon slot.

See you in the 'verse!

- Samo

Thanks for the round-up! Really then the Avenger is more suited to 'Freelance' work; With it going further than just merc work, doing the odd bit of exploring/salvaging with the extra storage space. It won't be the best for Merc work, but it will lend itself better to other tasks. So, in summary:

Avenger: - Not as effective for mercenary work.

+ More flexible for other applications.

325A Fighter: - Suited to Merc work and not much else.

+ much more effective at the application.

Give me 20 minutes, and I will edit this post with my response. I'm going to go look it up right now. 

:D

//CCap

{editing}

omfg your icon xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I have to factor into it that I'll be buying 20,000 credits to start anyway, so if I went for the Avenger I could just buy some weapon upgrades to offset to lack of a weapon slot.

do you HAVE to buy a ship?

Yes. At the moment you can buy a single or multiple ship game bundle on the site. It's not as bad as you think. You can pick up the game and the stock, entry level ship for around $40. For people who want to start out with something a little better, there are bundles with better ships to meet that need.

For example, there is a $5,000 bundle that comes with all 14 ships and a Corvette (big ass ship).

The Constellation, the ship everyone keeps talking about, isn't actually the best in the game, not by a long shot. It's just popular because it's one that two players can pilot and co-pilot, and it's pretty darn powerful.

It's like having a better gun in BF4. It helps, but it mainly depends on the pilot.

I just got the avenger because i'm not too sure what i'll focus on so its flexibility is much appreciated

Yes, I'm starting to lean towards getting the Avenger. The 325A still seems like a great ship though.

I'd recommend the 325A to anyone looking to join the Military arm of the Linus Tech Conglomerate who doesn't want to spend $125 on a Falcon.

Okay, I'm getting the Avenger. It's cheaper and it comes with another 2 months Hull insurance and the Business Class Hanger.

Yes, I'm starting to lean towards getting the Avenger. The 325A still seems like a great ship though.

I'd recommend the 325A to anyone looking to join the Military arm of the Linus Tech Conglomerate who doesn't want to spend $125 on a Falcon.

Yeah, I'm getting the Avenger because I'll be doing Bounty Hunting/Mercenary work and the cargo space/prison is really important.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Yeah, I'm getting the Avenger because I'll be doing Bounty Hunting/Mercenary work and the cargo space/prison is really important.

Yup just upgrade the weapons and hit em hard take what you want and gtfo

Yup just upgrade the weapons and hit em hard take what you want and gtfo

I wonder if there will be h00kers in this game...

I might take them too.  :ph34r:

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Was having the same dilemma and ultimately went with the avenger due to the extra pledge bonuses, and the fact that both ships will be available in-game anyway when it releases. (it's not like you are forever constrained to one or the other)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I've decided I'd like to enter into the "mercenaries" group, but I'm stuck on which ship to go for. I'm my budget for the game is $100 and I'm currently stuck between the Avenger and the 325A fighter.

For short range merc action, I recommend the 325a but for longer range missions, get the avenger. Also, the avenger has those hibernation chamber thingies.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake