HELIOS - ASSEMBLED 2015-SEP-06 - (Caselabs SMH10 | Black/Copper | EVGA SR-2 )

What is this thing you speak of? Sports?

Well, I heard somewhere that you group up with a bunch off people.. the you have a ball and you kick it around while everybody chases eachother! I was very intriged to try this, but then I decided to not risk it.. sounds deadly!

Nah, I'm not a group sport kind of guy, it's much more about being fit to me. I just hate

not being in shape, it's kind of a leftover from my military days. It's just one of the standards

I set for myself.

But I do jogging and strength training rather than running after a ball or some stuff like

that. I'm also looking to expand my horizons a bit, maybe take up climbing, although I

don't have the time for that at the moment and I'm definitely not yet in good enough

shape to give it a shot.

I have also found that I perform better mentally when I'm in good physical condition

(Mens sana in corpore sano and all that), my performance and overall motivation in

college went up quite a bit when I was fit. Since I've been ill for so long I'm in pretty

bad form these days. Not fat or overweight, just not in shape, and I really bloody hate

that! :(

Aside from that, I'm a pretty outdoorsy guy (mountains and all that good stuff), and

the outdoors are much more enjoyable when you're in good shape. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Oh I'm not making any demands. It would be cool to break 1000 posts on this thread

though (not with spam, just like it's been so far). :D

It's so awesome though. And I think this can break 1000 posts. This will be almost the 760th.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Alpen, I really would like to sub this but my notifications can't handle all of these comments and likes :) You really do spend some time doing these builds and everyone can see it! :D Keep it up!

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

It's so awesome though. And I think this can break 1000 posts. This will be almost the 760th.

Well, let's see how things go. ;)

Alpen, I really would like to sub this but my notifications can't handle all of these comments and likes :) You really do spend some time doing these builds and everyone can see it! :D Keep it up!

Haha, no worries man, I get that. I doubt you're the only one with this problem. In fact I've

noticed that each time there's a wave of posts in the thread the subscriber numbers drop

a bit, then rise again once it's calmed down. Also, I think the thread is bumped often enough

so that people who haven't subscribed can keep up. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Haha, no worries man, I get that. I doubt you're the only one with this problem. In fact I've

noticed that each time there's a wave of posts in the thread the subscriber numbers drop

a bit, then rise again once it's calmed down. Also, I think the thread is bumped often enough

so that people who haven't subscribed can keep up. ;)

I enjoy coming home after school and seeing lots of notifications from this build thread :) It means something good has popped up! :D I usually just go to the standalone notifications page and sift through it all

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

I enjoy coming home after school and seeing lots of notifications from this build thread :) It means something good has popped up! :D I usually just go to the standalone notifications page and sift through it all

I always need to do that anyway after leaving the forum alone for a few hours,

I usually get somewhere between 50 and 100 notifications per day from build logs

(good thing I mostly stay away from general discussions and all that :lol: ).

And thanks! :)

EDIT:

Wohoo, 70k views! wohoo.gif

I usually get somewhere between 50 and 100 notifications per day from build logs

EDIT:

Oh wow! I thought coming home to 30 was a lot! ^_^

I think someone's popular on this here forum ;)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

The Big question is: Will you build be ''done'' before Christmas? Cuz santa needs to sent me a present.....

Oh wow! I thought coming home to 30 was a lot! ^_^

I think someone's popular on this here forum ;)

Haha, thanks! :)

The Big question is: Will you build be ''done'' before Christmas? Cuz santa needs to sent me a present.....

Definitely not. I won't even have the money to buy fittings before end of year, let

alone all the rest that I still need/want to do. I may be able to get it running in a

temporary state, if I'm lucky (even that's a big if though).

EDIT:

And you're the 760th post!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Now read all again xD

I think I might just do that :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

And you're the 760th post!

Hehe, I am indeed. :D

Now read all again xD

I think I might just do that :)

Well, somebody seems to have a bit of spare time... :D

I am flattered though, thanks! :wub:

Now read all again xD

That avatar with that text, haha perfect! :D

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

This build is truly amazing! I can not wait until it is finished!

You should get sponsored by someone! 

That avatar with that text, haha perfect! :D

Hadn't even noticed. :lol:

Oh, @alpenwasser, how I miss our casual conversations... Being a mod isn't very good for the regular chitchat with forum members, it would appear..

How is that cutie pie dog of yours?

Haha, nice to see you here again. That's the bane of duty, the few

need to suffer for the greater good of the many.

He's doing quite well, I'll tell him you asked. :D

This build is truly amazing! I can not wait until it is finished!

You should get sponsored by someone!

Haha, thank you! Not sure about sponsoring, being non-sponsored does have

its advanteages, too (primarily complete freedom if we're leaving out financial

restrictions). Besides, most shiny things are bought by now, the only large budget

points remaining are the fittings (though those are going to be expensive :o )

and some raw materials for a few custom things I intend on implementing.

Not that I'd reject a sponsoring offering from Bitspower, but I doubt they need

it, so I don't think that's very realistic. Besides, I need a lot of fittings, not just

a few, which makes it even less likely.

But this should make a nice show piece if I ever ask for a sponsorship on a

different build I think. :)

Haha, nice to see you here again. That's the bane of duty, the few

need to suffer for the greater good of the many.

He's doing quite well, I'll tell him you asked. :D

Well, I do like being a mod. But sometimes I really miss just browsing the forums like a regular user.

Oh, he'll be delighted for sure :)

Well, I do like being a mod. But sometimes I really miss just browsing the forums like a regular user.

And then when you do have time to come on teamspeak you get greeted by the Heman :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

You can always log out and just lurk. :D

And yes, he was. :)

And then when you do have time to come on teamspeak you get greeted by the Heman :P

It appears I missed a few things. Not entirely sure I want to know though, sounds

kind hinky... :lol:

Some very Beautiful Photo's here.. Great Work.  I love how Organized you are.  Fantastic Stuff.

Lovely Home you have as well   :)

You can always log out and just lurk. :D

That's not the same. Even it was the same, I still wouldn't be able to just ignore my duties. I tend to take things like this seriously.

It appears I missed a few things. Not entirely sure I want to know though, sounds

kind hinky... :lol:

I'm actually not entirely sure what @looney is talking about, but I find it best just to nod and smile when he is having one of his delusional episodes  ;)

That's not the same. Even it was the same, I still wouldn't be able to just ignore my duties. I tend to take things like this seriously.

I'm actually not entirely sure what @looney is talking about, but I find it best just to nod and smile when he is having one of his delusional episodes  ;)

When you came back home yesterday you joined TS for a couple of seconds just as Heman (heyayayay) was playing in the channel and you left right again :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

When you came back home yesterday you joined TS for a couple of seconds just as Heman (heyayayay) was playing in the channel and you left right again :P

Ah yes. That was that weird sound I heard :P

The mrs wanted me to join her. Sorry!

Some very Beautiful Photo's here.. Great Work.  I love how Organized you are.  Fantastic Stuff.

Lovely Home you have as well   :)

Thank you! I must say I quite like photography. If this build hadn't been so

expensive I might have picked up another hobby. Though luckily my dad is

quite into it, so I've been able to exploit make use of his enthusiasm for the

subject. :D

Plus he needs somebody to take good studio photos for the accordions he

sells, so I've been able to use that setup for the PC pics.

And thanks, I try not to make too big of a mess (though it's not always as

organized as it may seem in the pics I must admit ;) ), and indeed I quite

like our apartment as well, we were very lucky to get it. :)

Yes, either do something properly or not at all and all that. :)

Ah yes. That was that weird sound I heard :P

Oh, you guys crack me up. laughing.gif

The mrs wanted me to join her. Sorry!

Don't apologize for that my friend. ;)

((Mrs. || Pet) > PC)==TRUE
At least IMO (*gasp* heresy! :lol:)

Don't apologize for that my friend. ;)

((Mrs. || Pet) > PC)==TRUE
At least IMO (*gasp* heresy! :lol:)

Ah, have I been promoted to the status of "friend"? I'm not sure if my mommy will agree on me being friends with an Evil Overlord :o

if you change that to

(Mrs. >= PC)==true

I'll concur :D