AeroCool DS Cube vs BitFenix Prodigy M

dragoon20005
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Got a cube, you'll want a smaller power supply as it can get pretty fiddly with a large fully modular PSU. The DS Cube will also take a 240/280 in the roof and a 200 in the front as far as rad support while maintaining quite a few drive slots. I've done a review on it too that's floating around. 

I stumbled upon the AeroCool DS cube casing which is almost the same size as the Prodigy M chassis but both have vastly different layout for the mobo placement

eg: Aerocool is flat placement while BitFenix is mounted to one side but upside down from the usual placement of the mobo

if any of you are currently using either cases

which do you think might be suited for cable management, airflow and possible upgrades in the near future?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Got a cube, you'll want a smaller power supply as it can get pretty fiddly with a large fully modular PSU. The DS Cube will also take a 240/280 in the roof and a 200 in the front as far as rad support while maintaining quite a few drive slots. I've done a review on it too that's floating around. 

thanks for the quick reply

saw your review too about the Cube

it was Linus NCIX video of a completed build on sale that got me interested in the casing

I am planning for a APU build with a red/black dragon theme look at the side in the near future with MSI A88X gaming board, Red G.Skill Ram

and in the long run, i might chuck a R9 290X Lighting into the build when i have more budget and when hopefully the prices of AMD card drops after the bit/lite coin craze dies down

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Oddly enough im recommending Aerocool(never thought this day would come).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I ordered the DS from NCIX couple days ago. I also had the same dilemma, but I liked the look of the DS better and since I'm going with an air cooler for CPU, the horizontal layout was better for me. Also, it just looks better when you can see the graphic card staring at you in the face.

votes goes to the aerocool

thanks guys

some pointed out the prodigy M placement of the PSU hinders airflow since exhaust is coming out from the front bottom and it limits the length of the GPU that can be installed.

If You were picking ITX cases i would say the prodigy would work the best.

But since you are looking for an mATX case i would have to say that the DS cube is great!

I personally like that it still keeps the horizontal motherboard placement and that you can block off those

mesh filthers to reduce sound, yet still keeping your ventilation.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to fit a larger PSU into the DS Cube?

ds cube is one of aerocool's good case. i recommend it bcos it is smaller