ULTIMATE Intel Compact SLI Gaming PC Computer "How To" Build Guide

This thing is the bigger GPU brother of my current in progress build (shameless selfless promotion).

I would disagree with the power supply.  you can get some smaller powerful modular ones and the cable options are much better.

In the end the PSU cables ended up looking realty good (better than mine).

An option i have seen a lot is to put the fans on the top of the case and make it a feature.  i not sure you can get fans that will fit under the top cover on the outward side.

You are defiantly wright about putting the power button on upside down on the other side of the case.  if you put in on the correct side you would be endlessly dissembling the case in order to plug back in the headers. as it need to be done before pci cards.

I not sure about the window thought being a option.  if you have minimal hardware possibly as all you would see if the cpu cooler, you can one for £15 in the uk.

This was a great video the length of it made me think what the hell? A long Linus video :P. Long Linus vids are great :D

But then again size isn't anything... right? ;)

700Watts enough for dual 780Ti err wow 

CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Graphics Card: ASUS DCUII670

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6GT Case: Cooler Master HAF XM PSU: Corsair TX750M

2 780Ti's 

*drool*

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

No matter how cool this looks, I'm still going full tower just for overall temps. Once my case gets on the northside of 55C I'm installing more Radiators. :lol:

//CCap

//ccap

I just finished my build with a Prodigy-M which has the same layout, this video came two weeks to late for me  :mellow: .  The one thing thing I didn't do though was swap the side panels and I removed the 5.25" bay  to help me a bit with cable management, and I used the hdd bracket for my 2.5" hdd.  I wonder how much noise this system produces, since mine is quite noisy at the moment.

CPU: Intel PIII 700Mhz - RAM: 1GB 133mhz Sdram -CASE: Aopen HX08 - MOBO: Aopen AX34 - GPU's: Ati Rage 128 ultra 16MB; 2 x 3Dfx voodoo 2 12MB - HDD: Maxtor 2 x 30GB ATA100- AUDIO: Creative Audigy SE

Nice, but I feel 2 780Ti's and a 4770K overclocked might be cutting it close on 700 watts. I wonder how many watts it draws under full load...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

LOL RED ROCKET CARD.

#southparkreferences

lol That was the "codename" for Vengeance (I didn't even know it was from South Park and I watch it quite a bit).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I didn't read all the responses so maybe someone has already suggested something similar:

Maybe you could do a brand themed video. Say, for example, Corsair make cases, coolers, ram, SSDs, PSUs, fans & peripherals. (I feel like I'm missing something...) I'm sure you could easily convince whichever company's brand you choose to sponsor it too. Maybe you don't want to seem biased towards your sponsors, since you pretty much always reccommend the most reliable, best performing components or the best price-to-performance components. However, I'm pretty sure most of your audience knows you're usually tough but fair in your reviews/overviews.

Anyway, just some food for thought.

The graph says the power consumption is ~500W. Is that measured from the wall or the system itself?

What music was that in the end? Nice sound! :D

EDIT: Forget, i'm getting blind!

crafted personality!

yay spectre pros:D

and now send the build to me:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

It would be great to see an ultimate ITX build, you've done pretty much everything else at this point!

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i3 3220 |     Mobo:     Asus  P8H77i |    RAM:    Non-bra nded (yeah i know) 8GB DDR3 |    GPU:    Palit GTX 660 ti |     Case:    Cooler Master Elite 1 20 |   Storage:   Cruc ial M4 64GB SSD/500GB HDD |   PSU:   OCZ CoreXtreme 500W |  Display:  Samsung SA550   |  Cooling:  Cooler Master Vor tex 211Q | Keyboard: CM Storm Q uickfire TK (Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G602/Steelseries QcK Mass

LINUS,

ANOTHER AMAZING BUILD AND THANKS FOR MAKE IT A COMPACT ONE TO!!!! AS ALWAYS VERY VERY USEFUL AND THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN AND I ENJOYED IT!!!

ede3ad4a889b268d2bcb0c571f8581e5.gif

"I like green"

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Hmm, no "pre build" testing with the stock cooler?

As well, I did not see the power numbers? You said during the video somewhere you would show later that 700W would be enough.

I really do wonder how well 780 Ti's and an 4770K will do with an SSD and an HDD. I am very interested to see these numbers.. NOW! :D 

Anyway, overall very great build guide do like it! Cheers for posting these, they are great. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

*First post*

Here's one I prepared earlier....

My white Phenom M in pieces to re-do the cables, mod the side panel for a window, mod the top fan mounts to sit 15mm higher than standard right up to the removable grill and  custom mount a 3.5" HDD.

Awesome case, ample cable management, good airflow, smallish & minimalist styling.

20140115_183017.jpg

My custom Bitfenix PheNomNomNoM build log.

i5 4670k + ASUS R9 280X DC2Top. Custom window. Custom fan mounts. Custom HDD mount. Custom keyboard. LED lighting. AIO waterworks. Properly cable managed. All 5 expansion slots fully operational.

Nice! I wish there were these type of vids available when I was beginning to build PC's

how much does it all cost he didn't say or I didn't hear him say the total amount

He tries to not mention prices in the videos because they are always changing.  He wants the videos to stay relevant as long as possible.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads