Project Akhilleus - Rebuilding A Corsair 600t - Custom Hard-pipe Loop

Hey guys!

This is my first buildlog, so tips and pointers are welcome! For example, would you like the original pic size? :)

Ok.. I built this PC late last summer and had big plans for it, but after about a month of building and waiting on parts that showed up broken I just wanted to have a desktop again, and then I just let it be for a while, but now Im really going to take my revenge!

I'm not going to have anyone do anything for me on this, I dont want to have something CNC milled, I want to do avything myself with the tools that I can find, I think thats the most fun, eventhough I really dont know much about tools.. :)

I will just go over a few of the things I hope will set this build apart from all the other watercooled 600T's out there:

It will have:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme and an 3930k.

A total of 540mm rad space (a 360 in the top and a 240 Monsta in the front, with puch/pull)

Hard piping - chrome plated copper.

Bitspower Multi Link Adapter, fittings.

The pump(s) and cylinder res is not decided yet. But will have atleast one D5.

Home-made acrylic side window.

PSU cover and a cover for the top around the fans.

A mat black glass front. (not completly settled on the material, but et mat black fore sure)

A baycover with a surprise that I REALLY REALLY hope will work out..!

Complete Specs:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Intel Core i7, 3930K

eVGA GTX670 FTW 4GB (hopefully two in SLI)

Corsair Dominator Platinum, 4x4GB, 2133mhz

Corsair Force 3, 128gb (OS)

Samsung 840, 240gb (Games)

Corsair AX750

Corsair 600T

Now for the disassembly of the old system. I was surprised about the amount of work and time it takes to take apart a watercooled system and flushing the components..!

Here it is before I started..

WyUXOjVl.jpg

Getting ready

HJkFkUDl.jpg

KH83pWrl.jpg

Drain hole, gotta love Alphacool's NexXxos rads.. :P

1Rk8Oarl.jpg

Starting the drain.

T8I2nlMl.jpg

kBqxHFcl.jpg

Starting to take it apart.

gegjdo3l.jpg

oNUJyKHl.jpg

Then I went inside and cleaned it all out and its drying..

And then onwards to the side panel:

Preparing to draw the cutting line.

9NQEiDEl.jpg

d0rOqnNl.jpg

Cutting.

22yQAMVl.jpg

A3jiACsl.jpg

And the result, I will probably make a few changes and sand it down a little more to fit perfectly, hence the protective plastic is still on.

WLadUdjl.jpg

And a few bonus pics. I have to live with only using an ultrabook for a few days, untill my next project arrives. My home server, which is going, temporarily into my old Define R2. At some point it will be going in an old, soon to be modded, American ammobox from 1942 :D

GXRRnpQl.jpg

HDD's

56zlCkCl.jpg

UPDATE: (04/27-13)

Some new photos of todays work. Making a panel for the top, it still needs a hole for the fans ofcourse and Im probably going to put some matt black film on it. :)

qJclyNEl.jpg

qxPTPi4l.jpg

O3OB76nl.jpg

UPDATE: (04/28-13)

Got some more work done today. This is pretty interresting in my opinion, I really have no idea if this is going to work or not. But its a planet, made out of three layers of acrylic, which, if it works, will have liquid flowing inside it. It might not work out, but the plan is to use the same idea on the bay cover. :)

This little one will be mounted to the back of the case, where the back fan would be.. 

The one in the pictures turned out to be too small, just not enough room for screws and o-ring, so I ended up scrapping that and making another one, a little bigger this time..

D2raivMl.jpg

mzYcesBl.jpg

1lK18ZSl.jpg

BC5o5edl.jpg

(Comming soon)

great system, i like the mods you did to the case, the second gtx 670 is a great addition but it depends on what you use it for i have 2 4 gegs and i run nvidia surround 

Cant wait for this build to finish.

i5-3570k 4.0 GHz, Asrock Extreme4, Corsair HX850, EVGA GTX 670 2GB, 8GB Corsair Dominator RAM, 1TB HDD, CM HAF 922
Steam: OG Washington | Xbox Live: AnAwesomePosum | Battlelog: AnAwesomePosum

Nice build but could not stop noticing the res being to one side :) still like it tho good job

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

great system, i like the mods you did to the case, the second gtx 670 is a great addition but it depends on what you use it for i have 2 4 gegs and i run nvidia surround 

Right now I dont need more than 2 gigs, but I will be getting an Asus PB278Q in the not to distant future. I noticed my old 2gig card used up over 1600mb of vRAM running crysis 3 on 1920x1200. Thats why I didnt want to waste more money on another 2gig card :)

Nice build but could not stop noticing the res being to one side :) still like it tho good job

Yahr I know! It looks stupid, part of the reason I wanted to rebuild the system.. :)

And the pictures in the thread is of the old system, its being rebuilt atm.. :)

(Comming soon)

Looking good, looking forward to see the finished build

Great to see larger windows! I've always thought to 650D/600T window is way too small. Also the way those rad fans are mounted reminds me of how I mounted 120mm fans in my 650D.

Looking good, looking forward to see the finished build

Thanks! Me too! :P

Great to see larger windows! I've always thought to 650D/600T window is way too small. Also the way those rad fans are mounted reminds me of how I mounted 120mm fans in my 650D.

Yahr, the 600T stock sidepanel is actually not that nice, the way too big black ring around it looks bad imo. How so?

And btw, please come and help me make my cable management as good as yours in the back! :P

(Comming soon)

Mint build man! Not sure I agree with the coolant though. I think it might look better with some clear tubing, mayhem's pastel ice white with a couple brown drops of dye. That way you avoid what's in the res looking like black coffee ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Yahr, it was supposed to be dark red, but the coolant in the res is really dark and then the tubing was colored pink more or less. But im in the middle of rebuilding it now, so more pictures will come later today I hope, it will be awhile before i start assembly though..

(Comming soon)

A small update to the first post.. :)

(Comming soon)

Wooo, looks like it's on the right track so far; i love plated pipes, if done right, look so awesome. Will be keeping a beady eye on this one - contender for BoTW i'm sure in the near future :).

Small update.. also added to the first post..

UPDATE: (04/28-13)

Got some more work done today. This is pretty interresting in my opinion, I really have no idea if this is going to work or not. But its a planet, made out of three layers of acrylic, which, if it works, will have liquid flowing inside it. It might not work out, but the plan is to use the same idea on the bay cover.  :)

This little one will be mounted to the back of the case, where the back fan would be.. 

The one in the pictures turned out to be too small, just not enough room for screws and o-ring, so I ended up scrapping that and making another one, a little bigger this time..

D2raivMl.jpg

mzYcesBl.jpg

1lK18ZSl.jpg

BC5o5edl.jpg

(Comming soon)

Yes, yes, this pleases me. :D

Nice work so far, looking forward to the rest.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic