Build Log: Project Rampage II (Caselabs STH10, Tri SLI 780TI, Full WC)

kaiqi07

Modification Recap:

In this post, I will list down the modification I had done so far for my Project Rampage II build.

Modification and Custom Works Completed
- Mid chamber G1/4 holes drilled
- Filling plate alteration
- Top Chamber Panel (Project Rampage II Logo)
- Top Chamber Poweradjust panel
- Flexbay panel Aquaero 5/6 Pro mounting plate
- Custom Lightbox
- Custom rear panel with lightbox
- Two sets of double layered hex fan grill (360mm)
- Custom cable pass through panel
- Custom rear panel cable management panel mounting
- Custom rear panel cable management panel cover (act as SSD mounting plate)
- Front panel vents lightbox
- Custom lightbox for front panel Aquaero 5/6
- Custom cut top window chamber window
- Custom made Aquabus cables
- Custom made PSU cables (for Aquaeros and Poweradjusts)
- Custom made LED RGB strips
- Custom made LED 5mm (White) for D5 pumps/ CPU and Ram Blocks.
- Swapped default anti vandal switch (Blue LED) to anti vandal switch (White LED)
- Modded Geforce GTX LED
- Change color of the default top cover of keyboard to white (black and white theme)
- Custom made SLI cover
- Custom length/color PSU cables
- Custom made cable clips for PSU cables (24pin, 8pin, 6 pin,  14pin)
- Custom color fan blades (GT15 and Enermax Magmas)

Above are just the list of mods that I had done on the build. I am very glad that all the mods that I had done are not just for aesthetics but more for functional purposes.

All LEDs (all Lightbox, Front Panel vents) in place are not just for illumination. They are all thermal controlled which brightness and color will change in tune with the system temperature. This applies to the radiator fans as well which are controlled via Aquaeros/ Poweradjusts to adjust their speed according to the system temperature.

Been running the rig for the past few days after my GPUs blocks are installed. I am very impressed with the temperatures of my GPUs.

Running single loop with Tri SLI 780TI (Parallel Flow) and the temperatures observed are as show below.

Ambient: 26 - 28 degrees

Idle 780TIs: 27 - 33 degrees (for all three cards)

Load 780TIs: 36 - 40 degrees (for all three cards) *observed during running 3Dmark13 Firestrike and gaming.

idle CPU: 36 - 40 degrees

load CPU: 42 - 48 degrees

Due to single loop design, the temperatures of my CPU are higher due to loop order (GPU > CPU). Overall I am impressed and satisfied with the temperatures I am getting and will try to further OC my GPUs once my home's electrical issues are settled (required to change circuit breaker due to my PSU bursting it....)

Wow... well done :)!

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Why didn't you use the active backplate?

Simply because I think it don't look good. I am aiming for a flat surface for the GPU backplate and furthermore I dont think there is a need for it. Even if I were to install the active cooling module, it would be obstructing the fittings installed at the mobo.

Human BSOD

SYNTAX ERROR#

#TooAwsomeComputerForTheHumanEyes

please restart your brain and press Cleanawsomeness.exe to clean the too awsomeness which is ilegall for the human eyes!

But srsly

this PC is awsome:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

This is some very impressive work. We are getting alot of very talented people posting there projects on here, it's always an inspiration to see new comers and veterans sharing there builds. I love the cable management side of things, that must have been painstaking work to drill the holes than feel every individual cable through? Its just fantastic, Kudos kaiqi07. Look forward to some pics of the entire project.

What you have done with the fittings and tubing is immaculate aswell. A++

Thank you and everyone here being so supportive. Indeed a lot of time is being spent on the planning phase, time is precious for me as last year my wife gave me a daughter. I had to juggle my time between, work, family, and rig. Right now, I am left with cutting one more top panel window and replacing the damaged Aquaero 5 XT to Aquaero 6 Pro.

Cheers all!

Wow, this is awesome! Such perfection! I really like those 24Pin and PCIe cable passthroughs. I have never seen that before, it's brilliant!

who cares...

you're not waterblocking those 780Ti's ?????

I am but I had ordered the blocks directly from Aquacomputer since Nov 2013, and I just received them 2 weeks ago. Before the blocks came, I wasted no time by fixing rest of the rig up and get it running while waiting to receive the blocks.

When i saw the title i thought you were gonna use the rampage II mobo :P

Awesome build!

Looks really, really good. Especially the custom water cooling. I could never trust myself to do a custom loop. :P

I believe its a lot more than $8K USD. Fittings alone already can cost as much as two 780TI GTX. A lot of monies was spent in modding and custom works as well. Another big part of money was spend in custom made cables as well as cable management clips which were all DIY custom made to my needs.

As my Aquaero 5 XT had broke, I will find time within these few days to change the Aquaero 5 XT to Aquaero 6 Pro which includes changing the custom front panel plate. I wont be running a waterblock on the AQ6 as AQ6 can easily run pumps by default.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:
I had finally replaced the faulty Aquaero 5 XT with the new Aquaero 6 Pro. I had to redesign the whole of front panel plates to accommodate the Aquaero 6 Pro as it has different cutouts comparing to the Aquaero 5 XT.

But for sure, now it has a uniformed look due to the both the AQ5 and AQ6 are the PRO versions.

I also decide to do up some cover plates for my SSD, PSU as well as SLI Bridge.

Custom PSU Cover Plate
rwtn.jpg

For my SLI Bridge I had used the design "Flow" to indicate the directional of coolant flow.

Custom SLI Bridge
wyxa.jpg

Custom SSD Cover Plates
k2ur.jpg

All of the above custom plates had been cut and I will take more images of them tonight after mounting them.

Right now, I am just left with the Top Chamber window to be cut. So close to completion!

Updates:

I am glad to receive the 2nd sponsored Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD from Kingston. This new SSD will replaced my ADATA SSD which was used for my operating system bootup drive. I am glad to have all of my three SSD to be of the same brand and have the unified look.

Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD Sponsored from Kingston
ip7y.jpg

dtwz.jpg

Since all of the SSDs and components had arrived. I started to work on the minor improvements of aesthetics of this build which includes cutting cover plates for the various components.

After designing and drawn out the design for my custom plates for PSU, SSD and SLI bridge. I sent the drawings to be laser cut.

As the rear panel has a very tight mounting space, I would have to use a 2mm acrylic for the SSD plates.

Here are the end results of the cover plates.

Custom SSD Cover Plates:
dskf.jpg

2pif.jpg

3xf7.jpg

Custom PSU Cover Plate
t3ii.jpg

As I had made changes to the PCI E slots, I could not use the previous SLI cover that I had made. I had to redesign the whole plate again, instead of the earlier planned "Flow" design. I decided to use hex shapes instead. Using a 2 ply design to create the same contrast that I had done for the rest of the design for my Project Rampage II.

Custom SLI Bridge (Redesigned and remake)
f9i9.jpg

I had also removed the faulty Aquaero 5 XT and replaced it with Aquaero 6 Pro. Relooped and also redo the whole of Front Panel Aquaero Cutout.

Dual Aquaero 5 Pro and Auqaero 6 Pro Panel
55b4.jpg

I be doing a simple mod to my rear panel to have a light bar illuminating the rear panel and also getting my top chamber window cut as well in the coming weeks.

*snip*

That SLI bridge is amazing

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

That SLI bridge is amazing

Thank you, wanted to do a LED lit, but decided against it as it will be too bling for my liking.

Sooooo much craftsmanship went into this build. Acrylic tube looks amazing, the custom plates for everything, amazing, And i sure like what you did with the power cables! anyways, keep up the good work!

Maybe I'm dense but I never understood these overkill 8-10k+ builds. I mean I'm probably that guy who would spend about 4k but there comes a certain point where it just seems pointless. Nonetheless, this is a magnificent build and certainly one of the best in this forum. Amazing attention to detail and creative ideas.

Much props my friend. Just looking at the photos made my fingers cramp and A.D.D go ramp-id. Really enjoy seeing a proper loop. 

Excuse me if you posted this or not, I didn't catch it, what's your coolant? Distilled water? 

Space.. I am.. Space.. 

Much props my friend. Just looking at the photos made my fingers cramp and A.D.D go ramp-id. Really enjoy seeing a proper loop. 

Excuse me if you posted this or not, I didn't catch it, what's your coolant? Distilled water? 

I am running Mayhem Pastel Red mixed with Mayhem Pastel Orange with Mayhem Deep Red Dye with distilled water. Had to mix various dyes and concentrates to attain the color I wanted.

Looking real good! Wish I was skilled enough in craftsmanship to do something of this calibre. Kudos, mate.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

This is actualy amazing. I dont even care about all the components but rather all the ideas you have put into this. Like the clear cable clips, the blended colour logo, the plates on the SSD's.

Good Great job. Brilliant ideas.