Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

780 and 780 ti are different chips.

Technically, they are the same. They're both GK110.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

How to plan a build for beginners and non-hardware-savvy types, what questions to ask, who/where to ask them, deciding the type of build or goals

Technically, they are the same. They're both GK110.

one is more unlocked than the other, but yea your right

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Reference And Non-Reference Graphics Cards

Manufacturing processes

(not sure if suggested before don't kill me plz)

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

I think the pros and cons of doing a small form factor build would be interesting.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

WHAT IS L3 CACHE

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

My customers always ask me if is true that Mac computers don't get virus and if is really better them a PC... Will be a good idea to make a short video explain why PC is more easy to be infected then Mac.

I'am a computer technician and i'am tired of answer that question. If Linus had a video I will share the link with them.

Keep up the good work guys.

What is your GPU doing vs what is your cpu doing
as well as in gaming but also in other workloads like movie editing/rendering and coinmining

My customers always ask me if is true that Mac computers don't get virus and if is really better them a PC... Will be a good idea to make a short video explain why PC is more easy to be infected then Mac.

I'am a computer technician and i'am tired of answer that question. If Linus had a video I will share the link with them.

Keep up the good work guys.

The answer is fairly simple. Market share.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

WHAT IS L3 CACHE

It's a type of very high speed temporary storage found in CPUs for instructions that will be used in the future. It's much more expensive to manufacture than RAM and therefore is found in smaller amounts.

Difference in ventilated side panel and flat/windowed non ventilated side panel.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

(or for the main channel)

SSD Comparison: M.2 vs Sata 3 (6GB/S) vs PCIe (vs maybe even USB 3.0 or thunderbolt external?) As Fast As Possible

max read, max write, best sustained read/writes, best transfer from one to another, longest lasting, largest storage, RAID options, best choice for: day-to-day, gaming, content creation, etc.

(If anyone's seen a good comparison between them lately, link me please)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

What is a Xeon Phi for?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

What are .NET framework, Visual C++ {year} Redistributable and why we have/need them.

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

How about device integration? Different methods of seamlessly moving from your phone to home PC to work computer etc.

What is a DAC/AMP and is it necessary. As in, is that money better spent on new headphones or a DAC/AMP? It would be really helpful if you did one of these.

Thank you!

One on Ecc ram would be nice, and how it benefits work and whatnot. sorry if this has already been mentioned. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?