Thread For Tech Quickie Video Suggestions

What is BadUSB and how to protect yourself.

I'm probably playing a game right now...

I put this original question on the general forum and was politely directed to post here instead. Below is the original post:

"Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the community, and so I feel like an idiot for asking, but is this the best place to suggest topics for new Techquicke videos? My suggestions would be a video on delving into how graphics cards work (I've been trying to self educate and not running into a lot of resources yet), and also how VPN's work.  Maybe a team up on the script with the guys over at Computerphile would be cool for the graphics card discussion.

Thanks everybody"

Bios/Flashing a bios

Disk formats (NTFS, FAT32 etc)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if these have been suggested, but watts versus amps versus volts, and threads versus cores. Thanks Linus.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Something on linux just explaining how it has become what it is and where it is used today.

storage devices

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

Android vs windows vs ios

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

No suggestion for a new topic, but I feel like the recent Techquickie episodes are way to cluttert with unrelevant pictures which is confusing and doesn't add to the topic. A funny joke here and there is nice but an unrelevant image/sentence every half a minute is too much and makes the video longer than it has to be.

Static pressure fans as fast as possible

PSU types as fast as possbile (80+ bronze, Silver, Gold, platinum)

headset frequency response as fast as possible.

Noise canceling microphones as fast as possible.

Correct way to apply thermal paste as fast as possible

NVIDEA Maxwell microarchitecture as fast as possible

Virtual and augmented reality as fast as possible

reference cards vs custom coolers as fast as possible

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

What are MOSFETS? What do people mean when they talk about a motherboard's VRM? Or VREGS? Are any of these things related? What are the pros/cons to different design implementations?

Oh, and phases; I hear that a lot, too: on graphics cards and motherboards. THIS GRAPHICS CARD HAS A 32 BAJIOLLION POWER PHASE DESIGN. Great, but what does that mean? 

The old thread in the vBulletin forum got lost in the migration (don't worry I still have access to it and I'll still look at it) so I'm creating a new one.

Guidelines

1. Video should be possible to watch in 1-2 minutes.
 2. No elaborate props. If we can't shoot it in the white box with a couple of demonstrative pieces, it's probably not feasible.
 3. Keep it simple! The idea here is to simplify computer concepts to the point where your mom can understand it. Not looking for "how to peel the ramspreaders off your memory"

I will read these suggestions, but I may not reply to this thread very often. That doesn't mean I'm not paying attention, it just means I'm busy creating lots of new video content 

If you haven't heard of Tech Quickie, it's another YouTube channel we run for paid content and the ever-popular "Fast As Possible" series.

Techquickie's channel - YouTube

Learn about the latest cool technology in only a couple minutes! Hosted by Linus Sebastian

What actually causes headphone impedance? I understand what it is, but what CAUSES it? I've heard self-inductance?????

How to safely delid your processor. Or do the advantages of deliding Sandy and Ivy Bridge processors.

Quick overview of Premium case manufactures to make people more aware of them such as Case Labs.

Pros and Cons of aftermarket hybrid liquid cooling solutions such as Corsair HG10 (once available) and the NZXT G10 adapter. Ie compatibility and performance. Trade offs in where and what is cooled.

optimal fan configuration as fast as possible

like what fans should pull into and what should push out of the case.

you have X number of fans, where should they go?

I would like to suggest a video on sd cards and micro sd cards, along with the pros and cons between these and solid state drives. Why don't we just use micro sd cards instead of small solid state drives?

A quick rundown of the browsers and their advantages/disadvantages, crossplatform support, and extensions/addons would be pretty useful to share to people who ask. 

Being able to see the similarities and differences in video form might make people believe me when I tell them it doesn't matter (to an extent).