Gran Turismo 6 looks amazing for 8 year old hardware(HiRes Pics)

XTankSlayerX

Im impressed. Every console ive bough has been for a racing games (Xbox/Forza, PS3/GranTurismo)

Even though this is no PCars on PC with a 780ti, In my opinion it looks amazing.

Sure it might be missing some effects and filters but it is what it is.

(Feel free to share your pictures of GT or Forza)

EDIT: here's my Flickr link if you want highres versions for your backgrounds or something :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/76291046@N02/

FullRes is in 4K (3840 x 2160)

12045705136_5ac5c914ff_b.jpg12099308376_11413c5298_b.jpg12142199364_89e79e0b2f_b.jpg

8 year old hardware dipped in fairy dust

the thing even runs at 60fps, i call hacks.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

would love to see what they will be able to do with next gen consoles

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

You sir. Have earned your title as a ninja, that was quick!!

It looked amazing at it's launch.

Also, it's GRAN Turismo.

Whoops! Bad habbit, Sorry!

I have to say photomode in GT games are just beautiful. Although depending on your PS3 you can get frame drops and stuff. It's still amazing what they have done.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I have to say photomode in GT games are just beautiful. Although depending on your PS3 you can get frame drops and stuff. It's still amazing what they have done.

From what ive heard that isn't true. But to be fair I am running a super slim though.

A trick that you might not know about, gt5,6 go into 1920x1080 during photo mode, yes next gen graphics on that old hardware, with a bit of editing i could fool people into believing they were real pictures.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

From what ive heard that isn't true. But to be fair I am running a super slim though.

I've got a 320GB Slim and I can say that I get many frame drops when you get the camera shots when the cars drive off. It's annoying but when I am driving I don't get it.

A trick that you might not know about, gt5,6 go into 1920x1080 during photo mode, yes next gen graphics on that old hardware, with a bit of editing i could fool people into believing they were real pictures.

I've got a couple from GT5 and some people have been fooled without editing :P

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Since the PS3 has like 256MB of ram, how could they possibly do that.

512 split :P

But yeah really goes to show how much can be pulled out of really small specs and how under utilized PC hardware is. 

The only real frame drops are when heavy smoke is on screen, I think they are JUST pushing it to the peak of the system for their new lighting system for GT6. They pay attention to certain tracks more than others detail wise (shadows) and some just look downright amazing. But all this detail, is fine but smoke is also frequently on screen at times dropping the ball.

Having a blast with it on the couch looking at a 52" with PC speakers and the Sub all playing havoc with the senses.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Looks ugly. Look at those shadows! Yuck!

Yes, because shadows are the most important thing ever in a game. And it's not like everything else is beautiful or anything.

And it's not like it's on a bit of hardware launched in 2006. Not like that's 7 years ago or anything.

If you want to troll, get out. Because I am very dubious that anyone could legitimately believe that this game looks 'ugly' on the basis of a few fucking pixelated shadows.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Whiskers, on 25 Jan 2014 - 8:30 PM, said:Whiskers, on 25 Jan 2014 - 8:30 PM, said:

Yes, because shadows are the most important thing ever in a game. And it's not like everything else is beautiful or anything.

And it's not like it's on a bit of hardware launched in 2006. Not like that's 7 years ago or anything.

If you want to troll, get out. Because I am very dubious that anyone could legitimately believe that this game looks 'ugly' on the basis of a few fucking pixelated shadows.

Bloodyvalley, on 25 Jan 2014 - 3:40 PM, said:Bloodyvalley, on 25 Jan 2014 - 3:40 PM, said:

Also the shadows are intended to be out of focus, not to mention that that little stretch of road is under a bunch of trees...

One last thing, PD did an amazing job on the smoke. Best part is, i t doesn't lag.

12146524695_c7c21347c0_b.jpg

12147188966_be29ff9880_b.jpg

(Dat Carbon Fiber hood tho.)

• 5 weeks later...

Are you fucking kidding me. You must be one of those people that believe consoles have no power at all. We'll I'm sorry to tell you but they do because as you can clearly see no jeggys here, none at all. And it's amazing how there doing this with an 8 year old gpu and 512 mb of ram.

is it just me or are these pictures not that pretty/impressive? i mean for 8 yr old hardware i guess they are but still compared to PC graphics....meh

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

This makes me really excited for project CARS. PC has needed a game like cars for a long time.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

is it just me or are these pictures not that pretty/impressive? i mean for 8 yr old hardware i guess they are but still compared to PC graphics....meh

Actually, I still find it more graphically pleasing than 99% of racing games available on PC.

Project Cars etc are quickly closing the gap I guess, but considering the difference between the hardware of the PS3 and our computers I find the graphics to be really underwhelming. Gran Turismo 6 is almost on par, which it shouldn't be.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Don't underestimate Sonys fist party developer they are... THE BEST