ASUS Fan Xpert 2 on Gigabyte 990FX Motherboard.

Would the ASUS Fan Xpert 2 program work on Gigabyte 990FX motherboards?

Almost certainly not.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

No because this software is specially designed for Asus motherboards. I think this software puts your fan curves and settings that you set into the bios so a Gigabyte bios will not be compatible.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It doesn't even work with Asus 990FX motherboards, it's an Intel only thing. We AMD users only get the 1.x version meh

Nope, been looking for a way of controlling fans a Gigabyte 990FX UD3 for ages now, haven't found a thing, just fan speed reducers or something like one of those T-Balancer things, wish you all the best in finding something :(

Nope, been looking for a way of controlling fans a Gigabyte 990FX UD3 for ages now, haven't found a thing, just fan speed reducers or something like one of those T-Balancer things, wish you all the best in finding something :(

Take a look at speedfan. It works on almost every board once you set it up. It is pretty hard to find which fans are the ones you want to control but after you found that out you can set fan curves and stuff

Take a look at speedfan. It works on almost every board once you set it up. It is pretty hard to find which fans are the ones you want to control but after you found that out you can set fan curves and stuff

Can you run fans over-spec with Speedfan ? i found phenomenal 140mm fans with great static pressure but they run at an underwhelming 1000 RPM to maintain extremely low noise levels 18db.

YMMV, my 92mm Arctic-Cooling fans are running over-spec with speedfan

Can you run fans over-spec with Speedfan ? i found phenomenal 140mm fans with great static pressure but they run at an underwhelming 1000 RPM to maintain extremely low noise levels 18db.

I'm not sure. You should try it out