GS 700W PSU Buzzing Noise while gaming

Spartanorfs

I open far cry 3, a few moments pass and then my psu starts buzzing like crazy. This may also happen with other games. Help, what should I do?

I'm assuming you don't have a good PSU (or a faulty one) . That noise is usually more noticeable when your FPS are getting higher. Like when you are looking on the sky.

If you are sure that your PSU makes that noise the only thing you can do is to get a better one. If you already have a good PSU then contact the manufacturer.

But be sure that is your PSU. This noise can be from your GPU or in some cases your motherboard.

Could be coil whine which I believe is pretty much incurable. What brand/ model is it? And is it still under warranty?

OnePlus 6T

Could be coil whine which I believe is pretty much incurable. What brand/ model is it? And is it still under warranty?

It's a Corsair GS 700W. Saw it on his profile.

I am almost 100% sure that the noise is coming from the PSU. Another thing i've noticed is that the fan in my PSU never works. Could the problem be that my gpu isn't receiving enough power or something? Here where I live there are no places where I could exchange the PSU for another. 

I am almost 100% sure that the noise is coming from the PSU. Another thing i've noticed is that the fan in my PSU never works. Could the problem be that my gpu isn't receiving enough power or something? Here where I live there are no places where I could exchange the PSU for another. 

you could try oiling the fan by opening it up but that may go wrong too......

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Your PSU has Zero RPM mode. Check this page. That's why it is no spinning. Don't oil anything.

And that sound is called coil while. You can't do anything. It may just be that GS series has that buzzing noise. All things coil whine. Mine PSU does that too. But you can barely hear it.

If you think it's too loud, contact Corsair.

I see, so there's nothing I can do to minimise the amount of coil while noise? I mean, I play farcry3 and just can't stand it at all; it's very loud.

I see, so there's nothing I can do to minimise the amount of coil while noise? I mean, I play farcry3 and just can't stand it at all; it's very loud.

If you are saying that you can't stand it i am assuming it's too loud. And I don't think this is normal for a Corsair PSU.

Contact Corsair here. Just click FAQs and support. Hope you'll get this fixed. But I think they will send you a new one.