NZXT H440 Thread

With the define r4 window being out of stock all the time in uk, this may be a good alternative. I might pick one up and check it out.

NZXT doesn't even exist in Lithuania so meh  :lol:

so as Bitfenix or new Noctua stuff. But you can buy them all from balticmart.lt

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

Simply put :D

There is also a noise factor. Being that this is a silence optimized case, it makes sense that there isn't a spot for a disk drive. I removed my disk drive a few years back and haven't had a need for it. I boot my OS off a flash drive if I need to reformat. I also have a good enough internet connection to download games and not have to wait much time. If I ever do need a disk drive, and external drive works fine.

As the price seems to be right, looks like this is the best contender for my next case at the moment. Although I'm not really looking to upgrade any time soon. Earliest possible would be next summer but that's unlikely. The Bitfenix Shinobi I have now is fine, but the hard drive cage is in no way dampened so the drive sometimes makes too much noise for my liking.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Man can't wait to get my'n! All ordered, treated my self to a new set of LED's and blue cables to really snazal it up! 

There is also a noise factor. Being that this is a silence optimized case, it makes sense that there isn't a spot for a disk drive. I removed my disk drive a few years back and haven't had a need for it. I boot my OS off a flash drive if I need to reformat. I also have a good enough internet connection to download games and not have to wait much time. If I ever do need a disk drive, and external drive works fine.

Exactly! Or, just dangle it out the case for that rare occasion :D

Are those RAM sticks Dominator Platinum? I've been looking for something with a blue light like that.

Edit: Never mind. I need some low profile RAM as the fan on the 212 EVO over hangs the first slot a little bit.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Very good case for the price. I think it's more for an experienced user/ it's more difficult to build in it, compared to the Define R4.

I don't like the semi-glossy finish on the white one. Don't know how the black one is but dem red accents look killer!

who cares...

This is why I love NZXT. I guess I won't be using the Phantom in my future build!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Anyone know UK release date? Myns on 'Pre-Order'....

I prefer the define r4. This case seems like it has too little airflow. It also has an aesthetic that is second to many other cases, most notably fractal's define series and corsair's obsidian series. The price point is very good. This case seems hard to build in to me. To sum up my opinion of this case, A good case but missing a few things like airflow. Not the best aesthetics I have seen but definitely not the worst. For the price you can't beat this case. This would be good for "gaming" builds. 

*edit* After double checking on newegg, this is MORE expensive than the define r4. This might be a competitor to the corsair 760t but that is only if the 760t is $130 or more. This case is not a "budget" case at all.

Can someone quickly answer this so I don't have to make a thread, why are 5.25" bays so frowned upon? People say it's outdated technology and whilst I agree, I think it's a huge inconvenience not to have one. What if you need to install a game or watch a blu-ray movie? Or maybe install drivers when you have no internet access? :/

Or other 5.25 bay devices like fan controllers or an NZXT HUE.

i wish there is a m-atx version of this case :D

Can someone quickly answer this so I don't have to make a thread, why are 5.25" bays so frowned upon? People say it's outdated technology and whilst I agree, I think it's a huge inconvenience not to have one. What if you need to install a game or watch a blu-ray movie? Or maybe install drivers when you have no internet access? :/

I use a normal odd in my adapter. It is dc and usb to sata ports and it works fine for the odd and my “external” hdd’s (bare drives). What about other 5.25 bay devices like fan controllers or things like the NZXT HUE?

overall nice aesthetics, would've liked to see more fan ventillation though.

CPU: 4770K @4.7Ghz  GPU:  Windforce Gtx 770 Oc  MB: Asus z87-k  RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 8gb- 2 by 4  CPU Cooler: Corsair h90  HDD: Seagate 7200rpm Hybrid 500gb  PSU: Corsair Cx 750  Case: Raidmax Vampire---Hopefully getting the h440 

Hope the roof is offset, so thick radiators don't interfere with the VRM, but this seems to have the same cooling potential as the switch 810 while being more compact and quieter.

Hope to see this on Amazon UK soon. Looks like an awesome case!

I love this case. I really like the drive mounts and the fact that it doesn't have a 5.25 inch bay. I cant wait to see a custom water cooled build in it. :)

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

I really like that you started you put a system into the cases! makes for a better case review.

this is a sold contender from nzxt, and at that price point, i think its going to appeal to ALOT of pc builders

seeing how well the define r4 did, im putting my all my chips on this case. the only slightly disappointing thing is the airflow...but if you load it with fans (like Linus did in the video), shouldnt be a problem

i actually like the hard drive cage design quite a bit, its very unrestrictive to the fans and i dont think many people buying a midtower will need more than 4 hard drive mounts anyway

whats the deal with no 5 1/4 inch drive bay? i still use a dvd burner, and im sure alot of people do. there was plenty of room for one, too. it just deonst make sense why they left that out

this might be my next case, i certainly love the exterior AND the interior look, and it has all the options i need; except for a ODD slot. otherwise, its a solid case, and im excited to see what nzxt comes out with next

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

WOW!! 2014 is great!1 another amazing case. Linus, as a reply from yesterday, when are you planning to do another build guide, I can't wait, I learn a lot from those videos!!!

WOW!! 2014 is great!1 another amazing case. Linus, as a reply from yesterday, when are you planning to do another build guide, I can't wait, I learn a lot from those videos!!!

There's a build guide coming very soon.

This case looks very sleak and sexy. Definitely considering it as my next upgrade. 

I'd love to see a build guide for this as far as the rad set-up that was discussed in the video. 

Hope the roof is offset, so thick radiators don't interfere with the VRM, but this seems to have the same cooling potential as the switch 810 while being more compact and quieter.

30mm max thickness at top iirc, so better go for high fpi

Curing shitposts by shitposts